Author Topic: ONE DAY ONE WATCH..UNIVERSAL POLEROUTER  (Read 6428 times)

Offline TET@WATCH

ONE DAY ONE WATCH..UNIVERSAL POLEROUTER
« on: May 13, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »
This is my dream watch....enjoy :Cheers:

Offline bezelnut

Re: ONE DAY ONE WATCH..UNIVERSAL POLEROUTER
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:43:57 AM »
Mind sharing why this is your dream watch?
Because of the Microtor? or Gerald Genta influence?

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:48:50 AM »
Good afternoon Bezelnut....i love the two tone colour plus its bumper movement...This is my first watch that i like at the very beginning but unable to afford...finally, i got lucky...as you can see my previous post, waltham and  tissot both got similar dial, only different is the name and mechanism.

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
Good afternoon Bezelnut....i love the two tone colour plus its bumper movement...This is my first watch that i like at the very beginning but unable to afford...finally, i got lucky...as you can see my previous post, waltham and  tissot both got similar dial, only different is the name and mechanism.

Ahh, I see, the aesthetics.  :thumbsup:

Design wise, This is the watch Gerald Genta design when he is just a young man, starting his epic journey becoming the legend in horology. Technology wise, it is the watch that got a micro rotor for automatic winding, a break-though in it's time. It utilise an innovative protective bumper to protect the balance wheel, another break-through in it's time. History speaking, it is the watch officially made for Scandinavian airline's pilot for their harsh flight at the Arctic circle, so the watch is made to withstand extreme temperature and magnetic field. Furthermore, it is also the first watch to the north pole.

This is a very respectable watch, just under the radar. A good Polerouter sub (inner bezel version) still fetch many thousands in auction.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:29:52 AM by bezelnut »

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »
Bezelnut...thanks for the valuable info...i did not know that Gerald Genta design this watch at the age of 23 and the actual name was Polarouter before they change it to Polerouter.  Keep it up Bezelnut, really appreciate :Cheers:

Offline sari

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 06:05:22 AM »
This is a beautiful watch and definitely a legend from yesteryear. Hard to come by nowadays especially one in good condition.  Parts is the biggest problem. Congratulation to you.

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 07:53:36 AM »
Good morning Sari...thanks for the compliment...you are absolutely right regarding parts...still pending original crown, at Ebay it cost about usd89, which is absurd, i will try to search locally. Opps, almost forgot "WELCOME TO MWF"  :Cheers:

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 04:44:47 AM »
Another Polerouter Microtor....enjoy :Cheers:

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 11:00:41 AM »
Great watch tet! Loves those microtor n lugs, very good movement, top built. Congrats.

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 11:25:24 AM »
Thank you Rainbowfix :Cheers:  My next target will be Polerouter Deluxe 18k (1987-1991),  hopefully will achieve by this year :Praying: 

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 12:24:24 PM »
Thank you Rainbowfix :Cheers:  My next target will be Polerouter Deluxe 18k (1987-1991),  hopefully will achieve by this year :Praying:

You are a real hardcore TET..... :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing you vintage pieces at one of our GTGs.  :laugh:

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 04:57:17 PM »
Hi Sifu Enkidu..... ;Djust following your footsteps....will meet one day at GTGs :Dancing_banana: