Author Topic: Tudor Heritage Black Bay & Pelagos  (Read 5612 times)

Offline satishnair

Tudor Heritage Black Bay & Pelagos
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:16:34 AM »
Hey MWFians,

These 2 watches from Tudor look real cool. Anyone got these or any reviews by the forum members? Which of these 2 models do you suggest is worth buying? Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:11:23 AM by danny »

Offline ianwong

Re: Tudor Heritage Black Bay & Pelagos
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 06:59:29 AM »
I personally prefer the black bay on the blue dial and black dial.

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »
Both are very different watch. BB is made of SS while Pelagos is made of Titanium and the colour is not as blingy as BB. I have the BB Blue because I love the heritage lineage of the watch. Pelagos is like a modern interpretation of BB.
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline deriku

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 05:16:54 PM »
In general BB is more wearable under all occasions and is the more 'fashionable' one. Pelagos is technically superior (500m wr, helium escape valve, advanced clasp design) but is a rather chunky watch.

If you're looking for a daily wearer, I'd probably go for BB. Pelagos more for the cool sport watch factor.

Offline roystock

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
I am going to echo other members opinions - Pelagos is a technically interesting toolwatch while BB is an all rounder.
If I were to get one at retail price, I will go for Pelagos. In the tool watch category, pelagos is among the top.
In the all rounder category, there's always a submariner ahead of BB. For that reason, I will not get a BB. For I don't want to wear a BB and wish it was a submariner no date

Offline alexkemaris

Tudor Heritage Black Bay & Pelagos
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 09:01:11 AM »
I am going to echo other members opinions - Pelagos is a technically interesting toolwatch while BB is an all rounder.
If I were to get one at retail price, I will go for Pelagos. In the tool watch category, pelagos is among the top.
In the all rounder category, there's always a submariner ahead of BB. For that reason, I will not get a BB. For I don't want to wear a BB and wish it was a submariner no date

I'll echo that my friend!

Though mine is the date version...

Offline azzamov

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 09:21:22 AM »
I prefer the Black Bay Black over the Pelagos...

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 09:56:02 AM »
Having had the pleasure to include the BB and Pelagos in my collection previously, I would say that the BB attracted more attention on the wrists, while my personal preference over time was more inclined towards the Pelagos due to it being an understated and toolish watch that was good under the radar. With the BB, you may find yourself thinking about the subsequent upgrade towards SubND or Pelagos; while with the Pelagos, you may think about the subsequent upgrade towards SDc or DSSD. Having added and flipped some of the usual suspects in the circle (BB, Pelagos, SM, PO, SubC, etc) over time, I find that the one that ticks most boxes would ultimately be SDc (no Cyclops for cleaner/symmetrical look, vintage-like protruding sapphire, graduating bezel, heft from s/steel compared to titanium, etc). The conclusion was of course, personal in nature and arrived after having the other divers- and if I had purchased the SDc directly without trying the rest over time of ownership, I might not appreciate the SDc as much as I am now. So good luck in your hunt and may you arrive at your own rightful conclusion.

Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline elado249

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 11:06:56 AM »
I have the 4 line Pelagos and love it so much. But in term of the blackbay, it is nice too. Waiting for the new blackbay this August, comes with new inhouse movement :) might buy one hahaha

Offline Narco

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 04:01:17 PM »
Black Bay Black Bezel (79220N) having the shortest run of production with the migrate to the new batch of BB. Limited roses on BBN. Sounds like a 5508?

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 04:06:52 PM »
both BB and Pelagos are equally handsome but i prefer BB. by the way, the new Black Bay Bronze is  :thumbsup: 

Offline Mcj

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 10:19:13 AM »
i have the Pelagos Blue and love it. I think the blue especially the lum makes it stand out so nicely.

Offline elado249

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »
i have the Pelagos Blue and love it. I think the blue especially the lum makes it stand out so nicely.
Yeah mine too..what a beauty

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Watchnut888

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 10:14:12 AM »
Get the Heritage Black Bay why? If u like heavy a little more than Pelagos since is titanium should be lighter and since is more iconic in Tudor range too.  For price wise of course more affordable than Pelagos.  Can't go wrong with Black Bay both red and blue bezel just stunning!  :Cheers: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 10:32:22 PM »
Get the BB bronzo!

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 05:58:00 AM »
I'm a huge fan of the Black Bay. Typically don't like the new Rolex, as I prefer vintage Rolex. But the Black Bay works just nice. That Black Bay Blue is pretty badass. It doesn't try too hard but its charm just radiates.
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1