Author Topic: ONE DAY ONE WATCH...RADO  (Read 22168 times)

Offline TET@WATCH

ONE DAY ONE WATCH...RADO
« on: January 21, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »
Will be listing 3 rado cause weekend no post...feedback welcome...enjoy....cheers !!!

Offline TET@WATCH

Re: ONE DAY ONE WATCH...RADO
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »

History Yesterday And Today

The history of Rado began in 1917 in the small Swiss town of Lengnau when the three brothers Fritz, Ernst, and Werner Schlup opened the Schlup & Co. clockwork factory.

40 years later, in 1957, it became Rado Uhren AG and the first watch collection was launched under this name. It was the beginning of an unusual success story.

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:10:59 PM »
TOMORROW WILL POST RADO GREEN HORSE 30 JEWELS AND DAY AFTER WILL BE MY FAVOURITE WATCH RADO GOLDEN HORSE 93 JEWELS WATCH... 

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 05:33:59 AM »
Hard to make out in your photos but doess the "anchor" below 12 o'clock index rotate? It appears they are in different position on all the watch you post.

Regard
Tyler

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 06:23:54 AM »
Hi Tyler.....All Rado anchor will rotate, thats the unique part of the dial.  So far, Rado have a durable mechanism and consider pioneer in watch making.  Tomorrow will be posting the 93 jewels Rado, very rare to come across such watch.  The only watch that can compete with it, is Waltham 100 jewels next will be Titoni 77 jewels. The more jewels watch, will definitely boost up the mechanism or movement of the watch.   

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 06:28:06 AM »
This is Rado Green Horse 30 jewels

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »
Hi Tyler.....All Rado anchor will rotate, thats the unique part of the dial.  So far, Rado have a durable mechanism and consider pioneer in watch making.  Tomorrow will be posting the 93 jewels Rado, very rare to come across such watch.  The only watch that can compete with it, is Waltham 100 jewels next will be Titoni 77 jewels. The more jewels watch, will definitely boost up the mechanism or movement of the watch.   

Only if the jewels are functional and not decorative.

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »
Hi TheHobbit...you are absolutely correct...thats why sometimes whenever our watch go slow or fast, watch repairer will just adjust the plus minus at the mechanism but sometimes the problem not solved.  The reason is, one of the jewels not functioning and needed a good thorough cleaning. (as inform by my watch sifu in Penang)

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17:50 AM »
The more jewels watch, will definitely boost up the mechanism or movement of the watch.   

THat's what watch companies in the past want people to believe  :laugh:, and companies started studding their rotor with jewels etc to inflate the jewel count. The situation got so out of hand in the 1970s that the swiss had to introduce the ISO-1112 to standardise what the watch companies can advertise and print on the watch dials....

Just scroll down to the part on "jewel inflation"..... ::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_watch#.27Jewel_inflation.27

Add: and some lunch-time reading to soothe your eyes (TZ article containing the pic of the famed 100J waltham movement)...

http://people.timezone.com/library/workbench/workbench0025
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:34:22 AM by Enkidu »

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:22 AM »
Hi Enkidu...thanks for the valuable information but i still go for more jewels cause its getting very rare nowadays...if you have any more
               info please share,  really appreciated...cheers !!!

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 09:33:30 AM »
Hi Enkidu...u really do your homework...i run thru the article that u gave and indeed the jewels are not all assisting the watch movement. I was about to buy Waltham 100 jewels at Ebay, now got to think twice.  You must be one of the educated Sifu (heehee)
Please teach me more and i will be your dedicated student.

Offline harkensng

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 11:50:46 AM »
Hi Enkidu...u really do your homework...i run thru the article that u gave and indeed the jewels are not all assisting the watch movement. I was about to buy Waltham 100 jewels at Ebay, now got to think twice.  You must be one of the educated Sifu (heehee)

Hopefully you are not into panerai.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 12:04:03 PM »
Hi Harkensng...nope Panerai is way to expensive for me...cheers !!

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 12:15:45 PM »
wow.. this statement brings back very old memories..

I also remember being told this by the uncle watch salesmen in the 70's....when I was very young and naive..
We now know that the watch salesmen were just that..... salesmen...

Too bad there was no internet then... and most of us were 'katak di bawah tempurong' then about a lot of things......

The more jewels watch, will definitely boost up the mechanism or movement of the watch.   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:18:46 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »
Hi Jos2012...i was informed by my Sifu also, luckily join this forum or i will be so naive telling everybody the same old thing.  Learn something new everyday. 

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »

Don't embarrass me. Just a small time collector.  ;D Anyway, like JOS seems to say, unlike the past, lots of information is available over the internet these days. All we need is to do is to do the relevant searches....  :laugh:

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »
Hi Enkidu...like i have said earlier during my introduction, i am no computer wizard or a professional photographer...my favourite computer brousing is Ebay and thats about all i know about computer (heehee) ...by all means, teach or guide me in any possible way you can.  Trust me i am a good learner as well...so am i officially your student now ? (heehee)   

Offline dpkong

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 07:41:51 PM »
ahh.. the Jedi Master has a padawan...

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 08:02:41 PM »
Hi Enkidu...like i have said earlier during my introduction, i am no computer wizard or a professional photographer...my favourite computer brousing is Ebay and thats about all i know about computer (heehee) ...by all means, teach or guide me in any possible way you can.  Trust me i am a good learner as well...so am i officially your student now ? (heehee)

Hahahaha, you gotta be kidding. There are at least 2 things in life for which you do not need a real life teacher. The first is learning about watches, the other (which somehow just came to my mind... ;D) is sex. In both cases, you'll learn much more by visiting the right "sites" (this is after all the 21st century) and experimenting. From time to time, you attend a gathering (called GTG in relation to watches, orgy in relation to sex) to learn new skills which people may be too shy or reluctant to demonstrate or share over the internet. 

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 08:04:44 PM »
Off topic, where to attend orgy ah  ;D

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »
ahh.. the Jedi Master has a padawan...

:thumbsup:

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »
Off topic, where to attend orgy ah  ;D

Hey CK, I know you are very fit lah. You can try yours on top of Broga Hill again. Behind the lalang bushes...

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 08:14:31 PM »
You guys really are funny...nice to have the whole bunch chatting exchanging jokes...how about all of you become my Sifu than we can have a big Orgy....hahaha

Offline harkensng

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 08:48:58 PM »
You guys really are funny...nice to have the whole bunch chatting exchanging jokes...how about all of you become my Sifu than we can have a big Orgy....hahaha

Bro, pls post more pics of your 93j rado tomorrow. ....looking forward to it!

God bless
Harken

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 04:54:52 AM »
Hi harkensng...specially 4 u...enjoy !!