Author Topic: Frank Muller Watches...  (Read 15110 times)

Offline Alice

Frank Muller Watches...
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:44:47 PM »
Hi Guys,

Like your views on Frank Muller.  :)

Offline Muachee

Re: Frank Muller Watches...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »
great design, a bit ex.. best to get where there is watch sales.. Any particular model you looking at?

Offline Alice

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:44:10 PM »
CUVEX- 1752QZRELIEF5N

Thanks

Offline Muachee

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 06:57:48 PM »
QZ? Quartz.. there are high chance you can get it at Cortina sales.. donno about MY but will poke you when next Singapore Cortina sales.. rumours that should be on before Christmas

Offline JPSP

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 08:02:08 PM »
hey alice,

nothing to shout about their movements unless you're looking at their complication pieces...mostly, it's the instant recognizability and funky look (tonneau shape) that attract pple to buy it.

FM ladies are mostly quartz unless you're looking at their conquistador (square) and casablanca range then they're automatic. FM watches is the only brand that offers 1 year warranty instead of the usual 2 years compared to other swiss brands...i still don't understand why!

for ladies,i think the long island is also worth considering (if you've some spare budget because it's normally in precious metal and you dun mind quartz).

i've attached here the ladies version of casablanca (it's auto and has no date function)... 

cheers
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:05:17 PM by JPSP »

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:48:41 PM »
Great styling and innovative complications but rather basic for ladies. Paying RM20+k for a quartz isn't what I call a good purchase.
Furthermore, I heard that a few key selling complications are rather "fragile", ie. problematic.

Offline sshark

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 06:44:51 AM »
Just like Omega had with their 3303 and 3313?  ;)

Offline Alice

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:29:39 AM »
Hmm...... I must say you guys are right. The model is Cuvex comes with Pink Gold with either brown or white strap. Cost around 20k plus after discount., from AD.

Still worth? Consider its pink gold not stainless steel?  ???

alice

Offline Muachee

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 08:32:20 AM »
FM quartz with precious metal can get good discount during sales.. but after discount price still will be +20K mYR

Offline JPSP

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 08:53:43 AM »
Hmm...... I must say you guys are right. The model is Cuvex comes with Pink Gold with either brown or white strap. Cost around 20k plus after discount., from AD.

Still worth? Consider its pink gold not stainless steel?  ???

alice
hey alice..it's really up to the individual...it all depends on what's lacking in your collection. do you lack a pink gold watch or tonneau shape watch? you can get a ladies pink gold Glashutte Original Senator (half pink + SS) for few thousand RM cheaper...it's automatic, comes with date and inhouse movement...i wld say it's a better deal. but if u like a fashion statement...an entry level FM is enough...just my humble opinions
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:57:21 AM by JPSP »

Offline Alice

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 09:03:50 AM »
James,

Thanks for posting pic of FM Casabalanca model. I like you taste of various brand. The santos you posted was a beautiful piece.

Offline JPSP

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »
James,

Thanks for posting pic of FM Casabalanca model. I like you taste of various brand. The santos you posted was a beautiful piece.
thanks alice..i've not seen any of your watch pics yet? perhaps ya a hidden dragon crouching tiger here like many of the bros? hahaaha

Offline Alice

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 09:33:05 AM »
James,

I have nothing to hide. Only own a few pieces. Nothing to shout about. Just started my collection few months ago.

Reason for not posting is because I dun have good eye on photography. Pictures turn out too blur, too bright, too dark or senget!! Believe me.... if u see my photography, you will pengsan!!!

I did try posting a pic of my new cartier sometime back, unfortunately the pic just won't show up in the forum  :Blue: I gave up after that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:47:41 AM by Alice »

Offline Alice

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »
Guy,

Hold your comments and give it a thought...

Franck Muller watches are indeed nothing to shout about. Then again, think of the brilliant entrepreneurship  of this maker. The watch came about in 1958. In such a short span of time.... just 51yrs, this brand has already has gain international recognitions and has many watch lovers wanting to collect his unique designs even the price is not justify to our forum members.

I do agree its overprice but its the "demand" that creates the escalating cost of his watch.  :thumbsup:

Offline Alice

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 10:45:19 AM »
In recent Macau watch auction..... a Franck Muller watch fetch 9.7million  :D

Offline sshark

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 03:13:03 PM »
ALice,

A very simple solution, try using a tripod. It helps alot with low lightning because u can lengthen exposure time. And also ur photos won't be senget. ;)

James,

I have nothing to hide. Only own a few pieces. Nothing to shout about. Just started my collection few months ago.

Reason for not posting is because I dun have good eye on photography. Pictures turn out too blur, too bright, too dark or senget!! Believe me.... if u see my photography, you will pengsan!!!

I did try posting a pic of my new cartier sometime back, unfortunately the pic just won't show up in the forum  :Blue: I gave up after that.

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 05:41:52 PM »
Franck Muller watches are indeed nothing to shout about. Then again, think of the brilliant entrepreneurship  of this maker. The watch came about in 1958. In such a short span of time.... just 51yrs, this brand has already has gain international recognitions and has many watch lovers wanting to collect his unique designs even the price is not justify to our forum members.

I do agree its overprice but its the "demand" that creates the escalating cost of his watch.  :thumbsup:

A bit of correction.

Firstly, FM started his watchmaking business in 1991.

Secondly, FM watches do a lot to shout about. His skills with complications are top notched. Crazy Hours is one of the most innovative complication when it was first introduced not to mention his mastery with tourbillons and minute repeaters. I absolutely adore his complications. IMO, he's stands alongside Christophe Claret and Giulio Papi as one of the greatest watchmaker of our time.

His watches are expensive because of the unique complications and high quality. Furthermore, production numbers are limited.

Offline Alice

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »
Yes.... Iilpronoz,

Precisely what I meant. This guy is brilliant  :thumbsup:

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 05:11:04 PM »
When are you buying the FM, Alice? I think there's still a Sakura edition at the AD.

Offline Alice

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »
Hi Iilpronoz,

I am still thinking hard  :)

Can only decide after I had  the chance to try on an actual FM. Am staying up north. Place where I come from don't even have a decent shop for watches. Nearest place would be Penang.Unfortunately, none of the AD had FM watches. Guess I have to make a trip to kl if am seriously thinking of getting a FM but you be the 1st to know if i get one  ;)

:Praying:

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 07:50:35 PM »
Haha....good for you. Sakura is a very nice one. Fortunately, I talked my wife out of it cos it's a quartz.  :Laughing_on_floor:

PM me if you need a contact at the FM AD. There are a couple of ladies which I can recommend to you.

Offline Alice

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 08:00:09 AM »
Thanks buddy....

My bro (Fred) just got his PAM 111. Curiously... I wore it for a little while. Hey....its not too bad. I think 40mm will fit me well.....now am having 2nd thought on buying FM. May actually go for PAM either 48 or 112

Tell me you view....am goin to put it in the forum to get some feedback... still confuse as ever...hahaha

Offline sshark

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 08:19:40 AM »
PAM 111 is 45mm. :) If you like a crisp clear dial, PAM 112 is a good choice i.e. 2 lines or word and 2 hands, no seconds hand

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 08:37:42 AM »
IMO, 40mm will suit ladies better. 44mm are usually too big for Asian women.
112 is an absolute classic. IMO, base and marina are two of the most collected pammies in US and Europe.

Sshark, I believe the biggest luminors are 44mm. Only rads are available in 45mm and 47mm.

Offline Alice

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »
Guys... what about 241 model with 40mm?