Author Topic: Tough Outdoor Watches  (Read 20110 times)

Offline Sid Vicious

Re: Tough Outdoor Watches
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 08:49:12 AM »

I'm sure to bring back my Polar M71ti titanium from overseas. It's actually a heart monitor, but it's tough as nails and looks the part. They've come up with a newer model, but I much prefer the previous one.

I'm surprised Sid Vicious hasn't come across the watch while doing spring cleaning at my place.

[/quote]

You mean this one?

Have it here safely for you mate.

I took a "family" photo with my Polar FT7 but not sure where it is in my computer now  ;D....another few pics later I'm guessing
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Alice

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 10:06:25 AM »
Nothing wrong for a WIS to wear baby-G, diff people have diff taste.

;)

Sorry, my bad, I mean Woman In Style (WIS)  :Dancing_banana:, they will go for DKNY, LV, CK, and etc... ;D

Hi Siodee, those watches that you quote are designer watch. For sure they are not my cup of tea. I guess most members on the forum are into real watches esp with beautiful movements and some are real rarity. However, I certainly wouldn't mind to get cartier, chopard or piaget if i can afford it

:Cheers:
Alice

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »
cartier, chopard, bvlgari, piaget are serious "in-house" watch makers now 
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline Alice

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »
cartier, chopard, bvlgari, piaget are serious "in-house" watch makers now

Agree  :thumbsup:

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 11:02:22 AM »
I miss out this thread, when I read carefully "I'm surprised Sid Vicious hasn't come across the watch while doing spring cleaning at my place."

Bro Sid, you serve Brolex?? and cleaning his house wearing Sub  :o
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 01:56:45 PM »
I miss out this thread, when I read carefully "I'm surprised Sid Vicious hasn't come across the watch while doing spring cleaning at my place."

Bro Sid, you serve Brolex?? and cleaning his house wearing Sub  :o

What to do....ikan ikan ikan bilis :p :laugh:
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 03:31:03 PM »
Wow, unbelievable  :o, he must be someone very powerful to command you to work for him... :Laughing_on_floor:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »
Yes...sometimes I wonder what I am doing to  :P

Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »
Back to topic.

Anyway, for me, I wore my other Swatch when I went up to Mt K the first time in the year 2008. The Swatch still works when I am up on the summit.
The second time to Mt K (using a different trail), I wore my manual winding skeleton watch.
Now planning my third expedition to Mt K and still thinking what to wear on my wrist.

Offline Alice

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »
Back to topic.

Anyway, for me, I wore my other Swatch when I went up to Mt K the first time in the year 2008. The Swatch still works when I am up on the summit.
The second time to Mt K (using a different trail), I wore my manual winding skeleton watch.
Now planning my third expedition to Mt K and still thinking what to wear on my wrist.

wow.... 3rd time climbing  :thumbsup: Good on you watchnewby  ;)  Friend of mine has been using Rolex submariner for diving all over the world. It has been with him for like 20 over years  and it's still functioning perfectly fine  :o. I have never seen such a "well worn" watch.  :thumbsup:

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »
Back to topic.

wow.... 3rd time climbing  :thumbsup: Good on you watchnewby  ;)  Friend of mine has been using Rolex submariner for diving all over the world. It has been with him for like 20 over years  and it's still functioning perfectly fine  :o. I have never seen such a "well worn" watch.  :thumbsup:

Not only that, been to Gg Nuang, Gg Stong and other numerous "smaller" mountains. Never attempt the G7(Tahan, Yong Belar, Korbu etc) in Peninsular as yet. This weekend will end up in Broga Hill.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »
G-Shock baby...smack it as hard as u can...and u can replace it with new one frequently....cant say the same for pricey watch...
hahahah

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 04:18:49 PM »
G-Shock baby...smack it as hard as u can...and u can replace it with new one frequently....cant say the same for pricey watch...
hahahah
Ya, that is one tough cookie.

My brother used it during his dirt bike racing.

Offline JPSP

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »
Thank you Zitan....  ;)

On contrary I was wearing a Panerai while navigating a jeep in Tanzania at Ngorongoro Crater. My Pam survived the ordeal but I had to change the strap when I got back  :D ... So yea, I thought why not just get a cheap one since am going to scale Mount Kinabalu.

Exactly Alice. Your Pam should be the outdoor watch/beater. It needs some dents to add character to it. Ha.

Since you like big watches, I say a jlc navy seal auto will do just fine. Steel, black dial on black rubber strap, 42mm which is a decent size. That's a beauty I must say!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:43:50 PM by JPSP »

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »
Why not try a Seiko SKZ211J1 Atlas/Landshark? Well below R1k, comes with a steel bracelet. Looks good. Here is a picture of mine on my wrist.

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline davidtth

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »
for outdoor, Casio Protrek is always my pick, u have all the ABC function, high WR, tough and "drop-proof" *with limited condition :p

its cheap and its bloody good, nothing beats it :)

Offline kltime

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »
hahahah

1 more vote for G-shock

Offline Alice

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »
Thank you Zitan....  ;)

On contrary I was wearing a Panerai while navigating a jeep in Tanzania at Ngorongoro Crater. My Pam survived the ordeal but I had to change the strap when I got back  :D ... So yea, I thought why not just get a cheap one since am going to scale Mount Kinabalu.

Exactly Alice. Your Pam should be the outdoor watch/beater. It needs some dents to add character to it. Ha.

Since you like big watches, I say a jlc navy seal auto will do just fine. Steel, black dial on black rubber strap, 42mm which is a decent size. That's a beauty I must say!

Hey James  :Dancing_banana: Sorry ya.. Just saw your post.  Have not seen you in the forum  ;) How have you been? Any latest acquisition lately?

Alice