Author Topic: Watches from movies  (Read 118009 times)

Offline rusminag

Re: Watches from movies
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »
Watched Pan Am TV serie, the Pilots did wear their official watches - GMT MASTER Rollies.

Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline sshark

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2012, 03:05:07 PM »
How can you tell jsut from this photo? ???

Watched Pan Am TV serie, the Pilots did wear their official watches - GMT MASTER Rollies.

Offline rusminag

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »
Well... I watched the show... Only manage to take that shot. Maybe we can observe next saturday evening.... On axn beyond

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2012, 06:14:30 PM »
just watched Moneyball and Jonah Hill was wearing a white Daytona.

think Rolex is his thing since you can see photos of him wearing Hulk and Sub on his "off days"

read that his BFF and co-star; Brad Pitt, gave a $8K Rolex to him as a wedding present, I wonder if it's this white Daytona.

I want a white one so bad.....................................also a T/T slate dial..................also a black dialed 116528 .......................  :Laughing_on_floor:
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline rgbs

• What u do matters...at least to you..
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »
Mr Saturday night fever in Taking Pelham 123.....Breitling Aeromarine Colt II Auto

I think Denzel Washington was wearing a Ball....but wht mdl ???
Found this at http://watchesinmovies.info/.....great site!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:59:34 PM by rgbs »

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
Saw Tower Heist...
Saw some yellow at Eddie Murphy's watch...it looks like the IWC Aquatimer...but can't be sure...
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline Fei

• Freshie
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2012, 12:41:31 PM »
Just watched Jack and Jill, which you should only watch if you have time to burn.

Al Pacino wearing a Panerai, only saw the crown guard, couldn't see what model is it exactly.

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »
not exactly a movie but dicky is wearing a maurice  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOWlTA0moc&feature=share

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2012, 01:00:10 AM »
not exactly a movie but dicky is wearing a maurice  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOWlTA0moc&feature=share

Dicky is ML's Far East Ambassador/spokesperson

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2012, 03:28:30 AM »
Omega seems to be doing alot of product placement in HK movies recently.

The latest release, Simon Yam wearing a Ploprof in Nightfall

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2012, 10:20:54 PM »
Battleship, Lt Hupper is wearing a Luminox, an official watch for American Navy. Luminox is a cheaper answer to Ball, if you dont mind a quartz version. I use it more than rollie these days. lol. A very reliable military watch which wont break your bank.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2012, 11:36:51 PM »
I don't think there's "an official" watch for the US Navy or even SEALS

Offline sshark

« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
I don't think they will tell, if they tell u they hv to kill u :)

Offline IWCking

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2012, 01:36:58 PM »
Check their website guys,

http://www.luminox.com/

Requested and supplied to US Navy Seals.

Well, this is not a big shout, just like Pam used to supply their italian navy and victorianox supplying Swiss army.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2012, 02:32:30 PM »
A procurement officer Read about the tube tech and called Luminox to design a batch for a unit. Thus the company began using the tag line to sell their watches as a marketing gimmick.

The military does not really have an "official watch". It just depends on the budget and requirements of the time. If that is the case, the true official military watch is the Marathon GSA GEneral PUrpose Quartz Wristwatch which is bought by the military in larger numbers

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »
A procurement officer Read about the tube tech and called Luminox to design a batch for a unit. Thus the company began using the tag line to sell their watches as a marketing gimmick.

The military does not really have an "official watch". It just depends on the budget and requirements of the time. If that is the case, the true official military watch is the Marathon GSA GEneral PUrpose Quartz Wristwatch which is bought by the military in larger numbers

+1. If I am not mistaken the only link Luminox has with the Seal Team is with Seal Team Five where one guy, Chief John A. Engraff received and tested a Luminox watch for a year. It is still unclear if the rest of the Seal Team Five or for that matter the entire Seal did purchase Luminox watches and made it official issue.

If you look at the photographs of US Servicemen, you will see them wearing watches from Casio, Luminox, Traser, Marathon and Nite.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:00:19 PM by TheHobbit »

Offline rusminag

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »
It is a standard practice fir govt to get samples and test them for some period of time. They are not oblige to buy these samples after the test period.

Offline IWCking

« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2012, 08:27:02 PM »
"The Navy SEALs and MoreThe Luminox Navy SEAL watch is the timepiece that made Luminox famous. The officer in charge of procurement for the Navy SEALs, Nick North, was asked to seek a more dependable watch for night missions and found the solution at a trade show where he discovered Luminox. He worked with Cohen to develop a watch specifically for them and the Navy SEAL watch was born.After Luminox provided the watches to the SEALs, Luminox began marketing the watch across the country and the world. Luminox was then approached by US Air Force pilots flying the F-117 Nighthawk fighter jet -- Luminox developed a watch for these pilots and contacted Lockheed Martin, which turned into an exclusive arrangement to produce Lockheed Martin timepieces.Throughout the following 20 years, Luminox has never strayed from its mission and this has been confirmed and validated by the many elite military and law enforcement units that have adopted Luminox as standard equipment. The man on the street has shown particular interest in Luminox, figuring rightly that if the watches are designed for and used by the Navy SEALs, they have to be able to stand up to every day use.
 From here on, Luminox remains determined to continue combining cutting edge technology, forward-thinking design and extreme performance. Luminox delivers, when and where it counts. It’s our frame of mind." quotation from luminox website.

Offline IWCking

« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »
Indeed, some of their models also carrying seal logo. Thus, if there is no endorsement from us navy and if they dont supply watches to us navy, doubt they can associate themselves with it. Navy will have sued them for misrepresentation or passing off. I passed by pentagon once, even from a distant, bus driver warned us specifically not to take pentagon building when the bus is approaching it. So you can see how sensitive they are.

Be that as it may, i do reckon that these are all afterall part of their marketing gimmicks. Well, i for one do fall for it. Watches with their own story, be it panerai with italian navy, omega speedmaster moon watch, ball us train station watcher so on and so forth.

Anyway, i have been telling myself not to buy any 'miscellaneous brands" these days. But i couldnt help it but grabbed one luminox when i found it. The 24 hours bright little tube is very handy during any long haul flight or when you wanna find out time without disturbing others. A truly watch which is value for money and it costs only a fraction of ball.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2012, 08:35:49 PM »
"The Navy SEALs and MoreThe Luminox Navy SEAL watch is the timepiece that made Luminox famous. The officer in charge of procurement for the Navy SEALs, Nick North, was asked to seek a more dependable watch for night missions and found the solution at a trade show where he discovered Luminox. He worked with Cohen to develop a watch specifically for them and the Navy SEAL watch was born.After Luminox provided the watches to the SEALs, Luminox began marketing the watch across the country and the world. Luminox was then approached by US Air Force pilots flying the F-117 Nighthawk fighter jet -- Luminox developed a watch for these pilots and contacted Lockheed Martin, which turned into an exclusive arrangement to produce Lockheed Martin timepieces.Throughout the following 20 years, Luminox has never strayed from its mission and this has been confirmed and validated by the many elite military and law enforcement units that have adopted Luminox as standard equipment. The man on the street has shown particular interest in Luminox, figuring rightly that if the watches are designed for and used by the Navy SEALs, they have to be able to stand up to every day use.
 From here on, Luminox remains determined to continue combining cutting edge technology, forward-thinking design and extreme performance. Luminox delivers, when and where it counts. It’s our frame of mind." quotation from luminox website.

Thanks for the write up. We learn something new everyday.

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
Indeed, some of their models also carrying seal logo. Thus, if there is no endorsement from us navy and if they dont supply watches to us navy, doubt they can associate themselves with it. Navy will have sued them for misrepresentation or passing off. I passed by pentagon once, even from a distant, bus driver warned us specifically not to take pentagon building when the bus is approaching it. So you can see how sensitive they are.

Be that as it may, i do reckon that these are all afterall part of their marketing gimmicks. Well, i for one do fall for it. Watches with their own story, be it panerai with italian navy, omega speedmaster moon watch, ball us train station watcher so on and so forth.

Anyway, i have been telling myself not to buy any 'miscellaneous brands" these days. But i couldnt help it but grabbed one luminox when i found it. The 24 hours bright little tube is very handy during any long haul flight or when you wanna find out time without disturbing others. A truly watch which is value for money and it costs only a fraction of ball.

does the lume last as long those used by Ball ?

Offline IWCking

« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »
Up to 25 years. I am not very sure but i suspect they are using same technology as Ball. But few years back I couldnt find them in Msia though. Saw plenty of them in japan and HK. I ended up bought one in HK, less than rm700 for a special edition model. Only thing is the watch is quartz, which is the only quartz that i use occasionally.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »
I thought SEALS are wearing JLC Master Compressor Navy Seals  :laugh:

Offline IWCking

« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2012, 09:02:35 PM »
Not sure about that terence terence. But one JLC is equivalent to 20-30 luminox. Well, i use luminox for swimming, sauna and any rough activities, doubt i wanna do that with JLC though  ;D

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2012, 09:03:21 PM »
Up to 25 years. I am not very sure but i suspect they are using same technology as Ball. But few years back I couldnt find them in Msia though. Saw plenty of them in japan and HK. I ended up bought one in HK, less than rm700 for a special edition model. Only thing is the watch is quartz, which is the only quartz that i use occasionally.

cool...but can the lume intensity last over the night? I read somewhere that while it matches Ball in the beginning, it fades out faster.