Author Topic: Complete sets  (Read 7095 times)

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
Complete sets
« on: October 01, 2016, 04:50:02 AM »
I never knew that Malaysians were so picky when it came to 'Complete Sets'. When trying to sell my Lange, the most comments I would get is "No box?" "If only there was a box" "No box...."

So yeah, I've got in contact with Lange/Richemont's headquarters as the boutiques would not help, and they've agreed to sell me a new box. Will cost a cool RM1000.  :thumbsup:
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline asimo

Re: Complete sets
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 05:00:13 AM »
As u mentioned Malaysian r so picky , when you have a box.. They will pick on other points :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cocas

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 05:29:22 AM »
Oh yes. I belong to that "picky group" too.

My rationale as follows:
1. The preowned piece is so costly that I want it to be presented nicely to me upon I take over its ownership. With that , it will make me more happy.

2. If one day that I have to sell them off, I believe its next owner of which is as picky as me will demand  the same.

:laugh:

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 06:53:06 AM »
It's a buyers' market. We need to try, as much as possible, to fulfill their expectations. First owners should try to preserve/keep everything (including the receipt) if planning to flip later. Even keep original straps, however worn or destroyed. This way, all manner of customers whims can be addressed (within reasons of course).

In your case @adamjohari, just insist the offer as an "as-is".

Life is too short to be bothered by people's opinions and expectations

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline SYSTEM

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 08:04:53 AM »
I never knew that Malaysians were so picky when it came to 'Complete Sets'. When trying to sell my Lange, the most comments I would get is "No box?" "If only there was a box" "No box...."

So yeah, I've got in contact with Lange/Richemont's headquarters as the boutiques would not help, and they've agreed to sell me a new box. Will cost a cool RM1000. 
Box also cost money ma...

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Offline ry

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 08:17:20 AM »
also obvious is that incomplete set,the asking price is much lower for a complete full set.
Unless you have a  rare watch and high end variety.

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 08:22:32 AM »
Obviously the price of a complete set will be higher than a non complete set. I have a limited edition JLC Reverso Magritte, only 15 in the world and the certificate is very different from the normal certificates. Could imagine losing that would drop the value of my watch by a few grands.  ;D
Adam J

Offline ry

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 08:49:00 AM »
 As for Patek,the original warranty paper and the Extracted paper from Patek.
Even though the extracted  paper from the archives is from Patek,the price difference as compared to the original warranty is significant
So be very careful when storing your box and papers.
More so when buying a preowned watch

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 09:36:08 AM »
is ok if you are selling a Swatch with no box

Offline chfoong

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 10:46:56 AM »
The completeness of the package to some extent it shows the care level been given to the watch. I believe no watch lovers would like to see any of the watch related accessories gone missing under their care.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 11:01:26 AM »
is ok if you are selling a Swatch with no box

Well, not entirely true.

Now Swatch practice a worldwide permanently free watch polish and free watch battery policy. With the box and warranty card, your watch is able to get them free without further questions asked.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:21:22 AM by Cocas »

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 11:13:47 AM »
I bought the watch without the box. Have all the documentation. Even if I don't end up selling it, it was hard to get Lange to get me the boxes as some departments said "yeah we can help" while most said I'm out of luck.

So will get it for myself too. The box is damn beautiful.
Adam J

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 11:36:15 AM »
Not referring to the holy trinity of horology brands; but for more common brands, I have had pieces like Tag Heuer, etc that I have flipped overseas which was sent sans the box as the buyers wanted to keep the weight lower and avoid unnecessary import taxes. That's how I ended up with quite a few Tag Heuer, Rolex, Omega, etc boxes taking up space in my watch cabinet now.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline Sky 007

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 03:15:07 PM »
I am Malaysian, if the watch I really like & come with good price, only watch I will paid for it & wear it for happiness. For me the conditions of the watch are more important to me  :Cheers:

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 11:59:07 AM »
I bought the watch without the box. Have all the documentation. Even if I don't end up selling it, it was hard to get Lange to get me the boxes as some departments said "yeah we can help" while most said I'm out of luck.

So will get it for myself too. The box is damn beautiful.

Wow a RM1,000 watch box.... it has to be beautiful? Post pic of box! Haha

Offline Cocas

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 06:05:14 PM »
Not referring to the holy trinity of horology brands; but for more common brands, I have had pieces like Tag Heuer, etc that I have flipped overseas which was sent sans the box as the buyers wanted to keep the weight lower and avoid unnecessary import taxes. That's how I ended up with quite a few Tag Heuer, Rolex, Omega, etc boxes taking up space in my watch cabinet now.

These premium watch boxes worth few hundreds RM. Especially, Rolex box. Its market price is RM 450 in JB and very liquid.

Offline AbbasHabshee

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 09:32:47 AM »
I wouldn't mind the box as i dont wear it on my wrist or even keep my watch on brand watch box  itself.

I guess most members here who owns few watches have their watch box and fit all the watches into it and kept the brand watch box in the shelf :)

But i would still need a certificate for authenticity and just for a piece of mind :)

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 09:38:11 AM »
It's a buyers' market. We need to try, as much as possible, to fulfill their expectations. First owners should try to preserve/keep everything (including the receipt) if planning to flip later. Even keep original straps, however worn or destroyed. This way, all manner of customers whims can be addressed (within reasons of course).

In your case @adamjohari, just insist the offer as an "as-is".

Life is too short to be bothered by people's opinions and expectations

Well said, bro. Totally agreed. Noted that the Rolex boxes also managed to sell few hundreds...anyway, it is up to the buyer's preference and expectation.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »
Watch comes with complete sets means
Watch
Bracelet with full links
Card / Paper
Tag
Tools, if any.
Inner & outer box.

Watch comes with Box & paper.
That is - as above.

Watch only.
That is - as above.

New watch with / in complete sets.
All watch stickers are/must intact.
No stickers means watch is not consider new....

Rest are irrelevant...

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »
I think the box and papers would be a must especially if you're buy a watch that cost thousands.
This would at least lends some credibility to the seller that the watch is indeed his.

Offline lovefoe

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 08:04:17 AM »
Yes you have to keep the complete set if you are thinking to sell it off in future.