Author Topic: Planning My First Rolex Exp 2 216570  (Read 4549 times)

Offline akykmy

• Freshie
Planning My First Rolex Exp 2 216570
« on: March 16, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »
Hi all,

Newbie here, have been lurking in the forum for a year now and have enjoyed alot the experiences and knowledge of all u guys.

currently own and love my blue Omega SMPc but recently have been 'poisoned' into upgrading to a Rolex. After alot of reading on Rolex forums i'm seriously considering the polar Exp 2 216570. Before this I was completely into the BLNR but somehow the Exp 2 grew on me the more i read and researched... something that is not as 'popular' and 'under the radar' but still bulletproof and as good as any other rolex.

going to the AD at midvalley to see the real thing was not a good experience... little interest in horology or the history, besides having no discounts, only interest is my wallet!. my question is i'm not planning to go via AD at the moment, and i would like to get your views on going through grey dealers? may even consider a used model but am too worried about getting one in bad condition or worse a fake franken watch... Help... :) ???

Offline Jedirat

Re: Planning My First Rolex Exp 2 216570
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 02:05:33 PM »
There are a few shops in Berjaya Times Square, Amcorp Mall and Publika selling various second hand watches including Rolex. You may go there and look around. Otherwise, wait for the forum members who post their second hand watch for sell in the "Members' pre-owned watches" column.

Offline akykmy

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 02:52:50 PM »
THanks for the suggestions on used watch dealers, will pay them a visit... For new buys, any recommendations besides the AD's?

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 03:00:38 PM »
These shops also selling new watches but not many variety. On price wise, for Rolex, I do not know whether they are selling at a premium. Btw, there is one shop at Sunway Geza first floor selling new and second hand watches at reasonable price, IMHO.

Offline akykmy

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 08:05:26 AM »
Thanks will check out the place at Sunway as well... any views on the advantages/disadvantages of going the grey market new vs AD route?

Offline Sky 007

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 01:08:52 PM »
You can visit : Milan Classic Amcorp mall ground floor or Time Square 6th floor, Tax Seng Amcorp mall first floor look for Sam, Time Galaxy Giza Mall  Sunway Damansara look for David or Kence, they all selling 100% Original watches.

Offline kygan711

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 03:33:03 PM »
frm ad: peace of mind no chance of gettig a lemon.
frm grey market: do more due deligence and get help if needed since u cant differenciate real vs fake.
i think new rolex are 5 year warranty now. so maybe it worth to buy new?

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 05:31:03 PM »
I just flipped off a black Eii last week to a blog reader. If you were happy with the Omega SM for such a long while, chances are you are going to keep the Rolex for a long period of time too and not flip it. For keeper watches, I would advise to go the new route for peace of mind. And de-stickering new Rolexes is something fun to do, to me at least. I don't think Eii goes at a premium these days and it is definitely possible to get a discount for it. If you are interested, I could dou a PM on the ADs that I used, as well as grey resellers here whom have ways of getting you a decent deal. Cheers.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline Calvin002

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 08:32:11 PM »
I really wasn't aware of those shops. Think I'm gonna have to check them out. Are they reliable when it comes to vintage watches?

Offline Sky 007

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 07:36:01 AM »
If vintage Rolex, can visit Watch craft Amcorp mall first floor.

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
Are you getting the Polar or the Black version? If you have large wrists would suggest getting the Polar. Although, for some reason, ppl here in Malaysia and also in Singapore like the black one more.

i agree with you that Rolex are built like tanks. Just use em to the fullest. Would suggest to not polish as it diminishes its second hand value.

The 904L steel is really something nice. The bracelet too is much better compared to its previous version. Although, the five digit version is the best bang for the buck Rolex imo.

Welcome to the club. It only goes more downhill from here. Before you know it you'll own the blnr, subc, daytona...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline akykmy

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 10:48:25 AM »
d'andy, just gave u a PM. thanks.

adam, for me if I go for Exp2 it will be white, and agree that the bracelet on the new version has a much better solid feeling. apart from price, the only thing that is causing me to hesitate is my small wrist size. So let's see will need to wear it a few more times to see if it fits well...

Offline Ali Murtopo

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 01:13:06 PM »
Does anyone have an update retail price of 216570 at ADs in KL?

Thanks

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 03:26:28 PM »
d'andy, just gave u a PM. thanks.

Try discussing it with the grey retailer that I forwarded to you. As far as I know, the price of the Eii that he could get BNIB is circa RM23k, so you could save circa RM6k from retail.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline akykmy

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 07:09:10 AM »
Does anyone have an update retail price of 216570 at ADs in KL?

Thanks

it's rm29,XXX at the ADs as of Mar 2016 when i asked