Author Topic: Initial photos of the Seiko Prospex SRP653K1  (Read 8724 times)

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Initial photos of the Seiko Prospex SRP653K1
« on: June 01, 2015, 07:02:45 AM »
Haven't had time to write a review about this watch. Just want to share some early photos taken.

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
Re: Initial photos of the Seiko Prospex SRP653K1
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:19:34 AM »
nice catch bro...

looks huge...

how big is it? 47mm?
Jacky Wong

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 12:20:59 PM »
another X

looks good.... review review review !!!

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 03:56:53 AM »
50.2mm. Will upload a review soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 06:21:01 AM »
Below is the scoring I would give to this watch (1 - poor; 5 - excellent)

Strap/Bracelet:5
    Operation:4
    Case:5
    Design:4
    Legibility:5
    Comfort:5
    Movement:4
    Overall Result:5

After a week of wearing the watch, there were a few observations that I would like to share. The first is the size issue on wearing comfort. The size is actually very deceptive. The curved watch casing actually hugs the wrist and keeps the watch from flopping about. You can wear this watch with formal clothing and I did use it for office use. The series of pictures below show me wearing the watch with my long sleeve shirt. The shape of the shroud actually makes it easier to slip under the cuffs.

The second observation is the comfortableness of the silicone strap. As mentioned earlier, this particular version from Seiko is softer, more supple and it does not trap moisture at all. I guess Seiko finally heard the grouses that fan's have on their existing rubber straps in light of the availability of ISOfrane or similar types of silicone based straps in the after-market space.

The watch is heavy. However, the tank-like structure and hence the weight penalty, is something that watch enthusiasts have accepted when it was first launched (the first Tuna) in 1975. To commit to one is to accept the weight consequence and everyone that do decide to get one acknowledges this. 
  Overall, the SRP653K1 remains true to its pedigree and continue to set new benchmarks. Without a doubt, if Seiko continues this winning formula, do expect another special edition to come out to honour the 100th anniversary in 2065.

The complete review can be found in my blog posting: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com/2015/05/seiko-prospex-automatic-diver-200m-baby.html

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 09:12:34 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline vinorus

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 04:10:02 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Tried this piece in local shop, love the index...
50.5mm is really big, maybe too big for most people.
I found the 47mm SRP231 is better size for my 6.2inch wrist...

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:15:17 PM by vinorus »
The Daytona C in Steel is my dream watch now...

Offline arcsaber7

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 07:13:52 PM »
With my wrist size of 7.25", is it suits me if i am wearing. From your overall review, this watch seems worth to buy with retail price at RM2650.00. Actually i own some low range Seiko and looking forward to get the medium price range. SEIKO is one of the brand that seems to be pushing up on the middle and their higher range, especially GRAND SEIKO.At the moment, i am interested at this SRP653K1 blue seiko prospex diving watch. Your opinion please.Thank you

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 07:15:47 PM »

With my wrist size of 7.25", is it suits me if i am wearing. From your overall review, this watch seems worth to buy with retail price at RM2650.00. Actually i own some low range Seiko and looking forward to get the medium price range. SEIKO is one of the brand that seems to be pushing up on the middle and their higher range, especially GRAND SEIKO.At the moment, i am interested at this SRP653K1 blue seiko prospex diving watch. Your opinion please.Thank you

That watch should be fine on your 7.25 inch wrist. The curved casing makes it very wearable.

Offline arcsaber7

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 07:39:20 PM »
Thanks and appreciate your prompt reply.

Offline arcsaber7

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 04:37:43 PM »

That watch should be fine on your 7.25 inch wrist. The curved casing makes it very wearable.

Hi Meoramri,
Just got it today. Thanks for the feedback and I love it very much. Sharing some photos

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 04:49:28 PM »

Hi Meoramri,
Just got it today. Thanks for the feedback and I love it very much. Sharing some photos

Nice!