Author Topic: Re: Very Disappointing BALL Quality & Customer Service  (Read 22046 times)

Offline SPL

Re: Very Disappointing BALL Quality & Customer Service
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
Dear Readers,

A picture speaks a thousand words...

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/Spring0322/library/

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/Spring0322/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Hope it helps in your next watches selection, ESPECIALLY TO BALL WATCHES, in order NOT TO END UP "VERY VERY REGRET" liked me....

Best regards.
Megan

Offline SPL

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 11:20:46 PM »
Surprised to have learned that all my postings about my BALL watches defects & comments to BALL on their FB have gone!

Guess BALL is really good in Turning  A Deaf Ear to consumer compalints & requests huh! Tsk tsk tsk....

Offline Dickson Lim

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 11:30:05 PM »
Please enlighten us on what's happening.  :Cheers:

Offline Yoda

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 04:35:56 AM »
Cannot upload your photo

I too have a bad experience.

Please share more of yours
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline james

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 06:05:27 AM »
i got a ball stormchaser dlr... i seldom wear it but the strap quality really bad, maybe is the rubber strap problem......

Offline SPL

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 10:20:06 AM »
Dear all,

you guys cant see my shared pictures? If so, too bad :(
I have tried to use Photobucket as per MWF advice to upload these.....

well, nevertheless, I try to summarize the story as below for sharing:

I bought this NEDU model on October last year only.

6 months later, we found there was a screw protruded from the bracelet, and another screw gone missing at the bucket without we realised!

Handed to Watatime One Utama. Surprised to know from Watatime that there was in fact another similar case before us to other purchaser as well....*sigh*

Later, after they handed our watches to KL service centre, a Ms Wong from KL service centre called my husband and said "if you get a screw at other place this will costs you RM750! But now still under warranty so we do it for you, but you have to wait for ABOUT 1 MONTH since the spare parts from Switzerland. ALSO HOW YOU PUT YOUR WATCHES ON? THERE IS RIGHT WAY TO WEAR THIS YOU KNOW!?"

Are we an idiot that dun even knw how to wear a watches?? If there is really a specific way to out this on, it shld be clearly stated in BALL manual, also your dealer should Emphasize this while we were buying that time, no? Anyway, if we knew it earlier, we WOULD NOT buy it at the 1st place for sure.

At the same time, another pic called Bi Qing from KL service centre emailed me and said they would only change a new buckle and get all screws tightined only, no replacement for a new watches. Also, IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT 1 MONTH. They insisted to send us a premium gift.

we rejected the offer to get the gift, and insisted we want a new replacement for the watches! Same time, i posted pictures on my watches defects on BALL FB.

TO SOME PEOPLE, THIS COULD BE A MINOR DEFECT, BUT REMEMBER, THIS IS NOT A RM10 WATCHES, NOT A RM100, AND NOT EVEN A RM1000 WATCHES, IT IS A MORE THAN RM10K WATCHES!

A day after their email, Watatime called us our watches had ready for our collection!! WOW! THOT 1 MONTH? HOW ABOUT OUR REQUEST?

BALL STRAIGHT AWAY TURN A DEAF EAR TO OUR REQUEST LIKED THIS???

ALSO IS THE PARTS REPLACED GENUINE??? THOT NEED TO WAIT FROM SWITZERLAND FOR 1 MONTH???

So i commented again on BALL FB on my posting queried them how could they ignored consumer request and comments liked this? Still, no one replied to my feedback.

One day later, which is last night, VERY SURPRISED TO HAVE FOUND OUT I CANT FIND MY POSTING & COMMENTS ON BALL FB ANYMORE!!

ALSO, THEIR KL SERVICE CENTRE NO LONGER REPLIED TO MY EMAIL. The whole story ended up liked this they thot?? OMG!

SO LOOK, THIS IS THE BALL WATCHES QUALITY, AND THE WAY THEY RESPOND TO THEIR CUSTOMER COMPLAINT! SHAME....

I wonder on theiir slogan " Accuracy under adverse conditions".....the most basic quality problem they cant even handle, wat to talk about accuracy???

WE HAVE YET TO GO FOR DIVING EITHER!!

FRANKLY, I VERY VERY REGRET TO HAVE BOUGHT BALL WATCHES! NEVER! NO MORE BALL WATCH!

sincerely hope my bad experience helped to you guys :)

Offline Aero100

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 11:17:07 AM »
ya... got a NEDU myself... got the screw tighten once. cos i was lucky to notice tht the screw came out a little...

but till now it is still ok

Offline james

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 11:22:18 AM »
i read from a hongkong forum, actually ball watch company sold to a hongkong base company. But their parts all from swiss and assembled the watch in hongkong/china after that they send it back to swiss for packaging. i not sure how true is it?? let me spend sometime to find the forum again n show u all....

Offline james

• Freshie

Offline MerzT

• Merchants
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 01:08:58 PM »
Hmm...firstly i found that the customer service person shouldn't say such thing like "there is a correct way to wear it " and sentences that will offend a customer .However a replacement of a whole brand new watch seems a little too much IMO though. Replacement of the whole clasp might be more reasonable i would say.

Offline SPL

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »
Dear all,

For my posting #1, you may see pic by follow steps below:

Click on the link I posted then click on <view another album> Then find the 2nd folder called <mobile upload>

There are 8 photos inclusive snapshot of my postings to BALL FB.

Luckily I took it as sharing wit my frens before, as those postings have gone no where liked the missing screw at my BALL bucket! ;p

I have lodged a complaint report to NCCC for their advice.

We may give & take in most of e things in life, But not for this, as what we got is too much not equivalent to what we paid already...

Offline SPL

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
Whether the request is too much or not is quite personal I would say...

Or perhaps you may try to imagine by fork out RM10k from your pocket to buy this watch but things ended up liked this.... :)

Offline Everdying

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 01:55:43 PM »
wow that Ball fb page is kinda pathetic, only 13k likes and been around since 2009?  :thumbsup:

imo, i agree that asking for a new watch is going overboard.
and also bombarding the fb page probably wont bring much results, which the same can be said for some other brands out there.
the person handling the fb page, as official as it may be, may not even be an employee of Ball or even anywhere near management level.
better just find their official customer service email and go thru that...official as in the HQ and not KL.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:57:48 PM by Glampyre »

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »
Whether the request is too much or not is quite personal I would say...

Or perhaps you may try to imagine by fork out RM10k from your pocket to buy this watch but things ended up liked this.... :)

No, it's not a personal matter. It's a contractual and legal matter. And looking at your pics and read your story (watch bought in Oct 2013 especially) I fear your chances of getting a new watch are not promising.

Unfortunately, RM 10K is nothing to shout about these days and things like these often happen even to watches which cost a lot more. Sorry for being blunt, but that's how it is.   

Offline SPL

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »
I wished what you advised worked by submitting complaint email officially to their HQ.

I did, and it is TWO TIMES that I filled their official Contact Form at Switzerland HQ, as there is none of email link for me to reach them.

And yet, I got ZERO FEEDBACK FROM BALL HQ UNTIL TO DATE.

Offline SPL

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 02:08:54 PM »
If RM10k also nothg, then I should say how pity we are as consumer nowadays....*sigh*

Offline contender

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »
 :mooning: why buy a Ball watch in the first place ? :HammerHead: :Laughing_on_floor:

Well you could always follow the footsteps of frustrated VW owners and go protest at their office at Menara Standard Chartered at Jln Sultan Ismail and get the reporters and press involved la :thumbsup:

Offline Yikkie

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 01:07:07 AM »
Yes...and inevitably drive down the price of your watch in the pre-owned market due to loose screws that is still under warranty.  Not too sure if those VW owners did the right thing.

Offline Smaug

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 02:32:27 PM »
A 2 years warranty from the manufacturer to cover therefore a replacement of a brand new watch is impossible

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 03:16:10 PM »
:mooning: why buy a Ball watch in the first place ? :HammerHead: :Laughing_on_floor:

Well you could always follow the footsteps of frustrated VW owners and go protest at their office at Menara Standard Chartered at Jln Sultan Ismail and get the reporters and press involved la :thumbsup:

For some reason that cracks me up... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 04:06:28 PM »
Ball actually gave a 2+ 1 year warranty if im not mistaken.

Offline contender

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 05:26:19 PM »
Get it fixed and quickly sell the watch lar ... pre-owned section. But the cut is gonna be deep for Ball watches ..... :HammerHead: if there is anyone keen to buy  :Cheers:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 08:51:21 PM »
I don't own BALL nor have any attraction to their watches although I find the gas tubes lume interesting.

As with anything mechanical, it's always advisable for owners to check the condition regularly. Screws do not undo from the thread and fall off immediately. It takes some time and they slowly edge out.

If the watch itself is not faulty but the bracelet screws came off, it is fair if they replaced screws for free under warranty. I would say it's quite unfair to ask for a completely new watch on the matter of lost bracelet screws alone.

Don't think that BALL watches have screws coming off is bad. I've once spotted my bracelet screw on a Rolex Daytona loosen itself (having a Swiss knife handy is always good  ;D ) and Hanz has lost a screw on his AP clasp as well.

Bring your BALL to the AD and ask that they loctite the screws in place.

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 10:14:43 PM »
just FYI waiting period of 1 month is reasonable...the waiting period for some watches out there with 40k price tag is 3months +

Offline artyca

Re: Re: Very Disappointing BALL Quality & Customer Service
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 10:15:35 PM »
Try bringing the watch yourself to their service center. Sometimes, physically being there makes all the difference. No use complaining on their FB page as it may be managed by an external party