Author Topic: Which one should i go for my first watch ? Rolex or Panerai  (Read 18625 times)

Online rnsm1979

Re: Which one should i go for my first watch ? Rolex or Panerai
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 07:16:13 AM »
i would say get a pre-own pam, but 111 or 005 with second hand
and then u will have some fund left for the pepsi in future

Offline Spider boy

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:30 AM »
Entry level pams mostly are winding, and the rolex is automatic which are very reliable. So for an everyday watch, you might what the rolex ?

Offline ckcspice

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 07:20:14 PM »
I used to own 3 pams, both radiomir n luminor. I hav sold them all off over the years but still hav 3 rollies today. So Rolex all the way - there is just something about Rolex that is intangible n cannot be described by words. :)

Offline ViiiLaix

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 07:19:34 PM »
Thank you sifuus, learn a lot for you all, I think i'll go for a rollie

i think, for my first watch should get a new one,.. Feel the virginity  :mooning:

Is there any possibilities that rolex gonna make the new gmt master 2 in the steel version,..?
If not then maybe i'll go  for the batman or hulk, but the market demand for batman is rocketing, they all charging a premium price than the actual one
Might keep it slow for the trends to go down, then only buy, LOL  ;)

hahaha

Offline Yoda

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 07:54:50 PM »
aiyah must be lolek one mah

like that only klass mah

;D
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline dpkong

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 08:35:08 PM »
Thank you sifuus, learn a lot for you all, I think i'll go for a rollie

i think, for my first watch should get a new one,.. Feel the virginity  :mooning:

Is there any possibilities that rolex gonna make the new gmt master 2 in the steel version,..?
If not then maybe i'll go  for the batman or hulk, but the market demand for batman is rocketing, they all charging a premium price than the actual one
Might keep it slow for the trends to go down, then only buy, LOL  ;)

hahaha

Actually, for a first one, a good pre-own is better. You're gonna screw up and it's better or less painful with a used one. Later when you're an expert, a virgin one will be good and you'll be much more experienced at handling it.

Offline notmanic

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 09:59:45 PM »
none of the above... far too many, like asking to buy a merc or beemer... nothing wrong but why not an aston martin? go against the grain... be a man! or more appropriately, be your own man... just my 2 cents that is not much of value anyway...

some lovely zeniths are in that price range... just a suggestion... the more you search, the more aware you are of your options... but believe you will find the piece that floats your boat, even if it is a Rollie or Pam! :Cheers:

Offline john8899

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 10:30:51 PM »
Cannt recall since when..already keep in my mind that my first luxury watch shall be a rolex then only aim for the iconic watch.

Used to target after got the rolex sub, going to collect all the iconic watch such as omega speedmaster, cartier tank, AP RO, Patek Nautilus, tag Monaco..

but now, feel abit reluctant to go for especially tag Monaco & cartier tank.. :P

Offline Yoda

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2014, 07:12:10 PM »

Actually, for a first one, a good pre-own is better. You're gonna screw up and it's better or less painful with a used one. Later when you're an expert, a virgin one will be good and you'll be much more experienced at handling it.
[/quote]

Hmmmm.... sounds like a father teaching his son how to be an "experience adult" 
 ;D
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline dpkong

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »

Hmmmm.... sounds like a father teaching his son how to be an "experience adult" 
 ;D
[/quote]

Ahhh... you can spot the innuendo... you must be a parent too!

Offline WHEELQ

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 08:23:02 PM »
Btwn PAM and rolex, I'll hav to choose the rollie. The reason is simply its more recognisable luxury brand. I have a tag monaco and maurice masterpiece squellete but no one knows it. Then an uncle suddenly got a small rolex and everyone went 'WAH WAH WAH'..   :Mad:

Its like getting a mercs/bmw or lexus. Ppl stare at your 3-pointed star badge then comment what the hacks is the bagde L? Surely doesn't help when some ah bengs swapped the Vios/Camry toyotas into the Lexus badge.

But but but...its how well u feel connected to the watch thats more important. I was really losing much sleep until i get the monaco n squellete watch. Much like poison in the mind. I think most of mwf fellas can attest to this. Hehe... Btw, i am not a fan of PAM so my judgement may be biassed.

(ironically, i also drove a lexus..)

Offline artyca

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »
If you're planning to get a daily beater, go for the Pepsi!

Offline watzisname

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2014, 07:42:51 AM »
Btwn PAM and rolex, I'll hav to choose the rollie. The reason is simply its more recognisable luxury brand. I have a tag monaco and maurice masterpiece squellete but no one knows it. Then an uncle suddenly got a small rolex and everyone went 'WAH WAH WAH'..   :Mad:

Its like getting a mercs/bmw or lexus. Ppl stare at your 3-pointed star badge then comment what the hacks is the bagde L? Surely doesn't help when some ah bengs swapped the Vios/Camry toyotas into the Lexus badge.

But but but...its how well u feel connected to the watch thats more important. I was really losing much sleep until i get the monaco n squellete watch. Much like poison in the mind. I think most of mwf fellas can attest to this. Hehe... Btw, i am not a fan of PAM so my judgement may be biassed.

Are you a singaporean in disguise?  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline WHEELQ

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »

Are you a singaporean in disguise?  :Laughing_on_floor:

Saya berasal dari kuala lumpur.    :Confused:

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »
Rolex

It's a good choice and actually a great 2nd is a good start. That's what I did and now looking at the PAM but they are a bit big for me, so my other options are a Daytona or Speedmaster haha, in the end I have this feeling it will be the former :p
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline ztomn

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »
Hi guys, been thinking recently about getting my first watch. Got 2 option in my mind, which is a pre-owned Rolex Pepsi in mint condition with box and papers around RM16-17K or a brand new Panerai 000 which is around 16K, both are almost in a range of price but a very different watch, one is automatic and another one is manual winding. Personally, i think pepsi rolex's feeling is more towards fashion and style and it's well recognised brand, meanwhile the pam give the masculine and mature feeling. Ps: i only plan to buy 1 watch to keep for long time, no plan to sell in near future. What do you shifts think ?

Strongly suggest a pre-owned GMT Master II Ceramic. 

Offline APLOVER

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2014, 02:49:22 PM »
GMT Master II either coke or Pepsi will be my choice.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
either one is ok.

choose the look first ! date, time, gmt.... ur mobile phone have it all !

Offline RaymondT

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2014, 08:55:42 PM »
Rollie la more versatile

Offline graffika

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2014, 09:00:11 AM »
go for rollie la.....then only pam ... you'' end up being more of an automatic person than anything else. .... on a side note..i have a pam 000 for sale ..if you want....i can sell it to you ..haha

Offline Calibr

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2014, 09:55:40 AM »
Rolex for the first premium watch.. and many just go for a second one. The new Pepsi Ceramic in WG costs more than RM100k, beyond the reach of many!

Offline cscdt

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »
go for what you see in your dream  :D

Offline echoesian

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2014, 04:42:20 PM »
Which are the reliable ADs in the Klang Valley that can offer competitive price for Rolex watches?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2014, 10:21:10 PM »
Which are the reliable ADs in the Klang Valley that can offer competitive price for Rolex watches?

AD prices are all fixed. Discount also more or less the same. Differences are minimal. Pick one that makes you happy.

Offline somdej

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »
to me, rollie is like the bones to watch collectors, first you must have bone, then the flesh - Panny.

i need bones to stood up, and flesh to look good.