Author Topic: My Omega mob...for now.  (Read 3960 times)

Offline Everdying

My Omega mob...for now.
« on: July 30, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »
Lets start with these three.
I have a soft spot for sunburst blue dials which changes hues depending on the light, so on the left is one I had to have - Skyfall Aqua Terra mid-size.
To its side as seen is the SMP with ceramic bezel, but in black as I don't like very obvious blues.
And rounding it off is the older Aqua Terra mid-size with the 2500B movement which beats at 28,880bph before being dropped to 25,200bph in later models.

then the ever popular Planet Ocean 8500 45.5mm, which on rubber strap is just miles ahead in comfort over the bracelet and is a nice piece for casual wear.

and everyone needs a speedy right? This is the 3572.50, ie. hesalite / sapphire sandwich. Only extremely minor drawback of a sapphire back is the lower WR of 30m, then again this isn't going anywhere near water.

All backgrounds are from the WatchTime Omega Special Mag from 2008.

A family shot...

and to round it off for now, the Omegamania stainless steel ring, with the extremely big and heavy book "A Journey Through Time" still as yet unopened.

I hope to one day add the DeVille Hour Vision Blue Orbis...or the latest Planet Ocean GMT in black...or the Bullhead...or...damnit STFU :P

Offline Empty Tree 8

Re: My Omega mob...for now.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 06:50:58 AM »
Very nice post! Thanks for sharing. I particularly like the Aqua Terras and the PO, I think that is a natural gravitation when your first and only Omega piece is a speedie. And the strap on the speedie is a perfect match......nylon?

I suppose a Constellation is never finding a way to your Omega stash?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 07:19:53 AM »
Very nice pics, and thanks for sharing. Looking at your post makes me wish I'd gone for an Aqua Terra instead of a second speedy!  :-\

Offline Everdying

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 07:53:28 AM »
Very nice post! Thanks for sharing. I particularly like the Aqua Terras and the PO, I think that is a natural gravitation when your first and only Omega piece is a speedie. And the strap on the speedie is a perfect match......nylon?

I suppose a Constellation is never finding a way to your Omega stash?  ;D ;D ;D

yea, the strap is nylon with leather backing.

the only constellation on my mind is the one worn by Elvis :D

kinda reminescent of Don Draper's DeVille with the crosshair dial.

Offline notmanic

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
wow... really an Omega fan... great collection! somehow Omega and me can't connect... guess my loss is your gain!   :Cheers:

Offline Empty Tree 8

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 10:34:51 AM »
Nice Constellation on Elvis.

Did you ever consider the Railmaster 2803.52.37

* photo borrowed from WUS

Offline Everdying

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »
Nice Constellation on Elvis.

Did you ever consider the Railmaster 2803.52.37

ya, i had the chance on a Railmaster 41mm that also had the 2403B in it.
i would have preferred a 39mm with 2403A.
but already having the Aqua Terra 2500, which shares the exact same case, crystal etc, makes me think twice.

Offline APIWC

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Tempted by Moonwatch. Was inspired by the stories behind Moonwatch.
"If you're not nervous about one or two decisions every day, you probably aren't trying hard enough." (Tim O'Shaughnessy)

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 11:44:23 AM »
Thank you for sharing. I have never really been an omega fan, but recently, I find myself curiously being drawn to the speedys. Not the modern day ones...but rather the ones from ten years or more ago...doing my research now and hopefully be able to post some pics up for all to see soon. Lovely collection all...

DC