Author Topic: Dilemma: Watches you like vs Watches suit you (on your wrist)  (Read 12889 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: Dilemma: Watches you like vs Watches suit you (on your wrist)
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
for me, i do like a good fit for a watch. it's about how the watch case. lugs and bracelet fit the wrist.

eg., i really like the AP ROO and ROC but after trying them on, it doesn't seem quite right so i'm still pondering whether to go ahead or abandon the idea of owning one.

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »
A lot of people facing this dilemma. After been obessessing watches for a while, I have always thinking to grab a PP and retire. I like the look of PP5712 much better. But 5980 fits my wrist comfortably. No chance to try 5726A as yet. Guess eventually, it boils down to what you are able to secure as well. Most importantly is you must feel happy and comfortable wearing it.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline ckcspice

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »
both luminor n radiomir have made me lose $$... looks nice in the display window, but cant seem to make them 'bond' with my wrist... :(

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 09:46:23 PM »
well, i always ensure i try them and see how they fit my wrist before i buy any of them. I think thats very important before i decide to make the purchase eventually.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline JPSP

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 01:45:37 PM »
i get this everytime and for all the watches i bought/owned. I've a very small wrist and even 40mm watches look big on me...but seriously, i dun wanna settle for boy-size watches cos i'm a man! :Laughing_on_floor: besides, a lot of the nice watches are bigger than 40mm!

so...i just buy the watches i like...heck it if they suit me...it's a hobby....as long as i shiok...can already.  :laugh: :thumbsup:

Offline silverstan

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 01:55:57 PM »
i get this everytime and for all the watches i bought/owned. I've a very small wrist and even 40mm watches look big on me...but seriously, i dun wanna settle for boy-size watches cos i'm a man! :Laughing_on_floor: besides, a lot of the nice watches are bigger than 40mm!

so...i just buy the watches i like...heck it if they suit me...it's a hobby....as long as i shiok...can already.  :laugh: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: +1 to this!
for me, watches also a parts of the fashion accessories..   ;D

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
LOL thats exactly why I love watch ppl!! You don't buy em for other ppl you buy them because thats what you want! my latest was bought for a girl... im a guy do i give a sh*t if someone think its to small? I love it im happy!
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just wondering whether you have come to a situation where you like a watch so much but it does not suits you while it lies on your wrist eg. size, personality/character, etc. Eg. Some people would say watch is meant to be on your wrist, buy watches which suit you, Buy now sell later if it does not suits you, etc. What would you do?

You've the very valid point here.  :Dancing_banana:

That's why I buy the watches suit me or liked by me. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:49:44 PM by Cocas »

Offline SYSTEM

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 07:31:59 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just wondering whether you have come to a situation where you like a watch so much but it does not suits you while it lies on your wrist eg. size, personality/character, etc. Eg. Some people would say watch is meant to be on your wrist, buy watches which suit you, Buy now sell later if it does not suits you, etc. What would you do?

You've the very valid point here.  :Dancing_banana:

That's why I buy the watches suit me or liked by me.
Thanks for making this thread back alive
This is always an issue among watch lovers. it never ends.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Offline asimo

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 08:14:24 PM »
i like Cartier santos... but probably not suitable for my lifestyle

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 08:13:56 AM »
I like JL Reverso's design and history but it is not fits on my wrist as I have tried one. Therefore not pulling the trigger at the end of the day.