Author Topic: My Collection  (Read 14831 times)

Offline sean

My Collection
« on: June 23, 2011, 04:59:55 PM »
Ball Engineer master 2 Worldtimer

Seiko 5

Arbutus , my first mechanical watch, brought it because it looks like frank muller haha

Seiko 5 again

Oris Big Crown Pointer Date

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Caliber 6

Pam104

Epos

Sorry this is my first time upload photo in this forum , quality might be not really good, hope you guys don mind. :Cheers:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:08:54 PM by sean »

Offline jonhtks

Re: My Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »
 :o envy u bro ! Super nice collection  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline sean

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 05:13:27 PM »
Thanks for the compliment bro Jon, don said envy , it just a small collection only. :laugh:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
Wow... Nice collection...
I am loving the Epos Passion 3403 Silver Dial... elegant!! :thumbsup:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »
Nice collection, I like. Love the Oris.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
Good collection you have there. I love the Ball worldtimer
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Manburg

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 06:19:12 PM »
Nice! :thumbsup:

I nearly bought the Ball Worldtimer
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 06:24:51 PM »
Isn't this the ball that got the "Watch of the Year 2011" for category up to 3000Euro? Impressive!

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 06:55:01 PM »
i am looking at the ball for a long time annnnnd......i still cant figure out how it works.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »
Sean, I need to ask this question. One of the issues among the Ball lovers when the Worldtimer was released is the spelling error on one of the cities' name, i.e. Dacca instead of Dhaka. I held one and true enough, it's stated as Dacca. But yours has the name Dhaka, instead of Dacca. ??? Did Ball actually rectify the mistake in the latest batches?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »
just one matter i am curious about, can worldtimers be considered gmt or are they limited to the cities on the watch bezel? how does the world time work? we turn the city to match 12o'clock or the hour hand?

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 07:43:50 PM »
Sean

Impressive collections. I like the oris pointer

Manburg - if that worldtimer is a rolex, I am sure its worth tons of $$. (misprint) on dial.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline sean

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 07:58:02 PM »
Manburg I have no idea since when they rectify this mistake,I brought mine at the last day of 2010.   :thumbsup:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
Sean, I need to ask this question. One of the issues among the Ball lovers when the Worldtimer was released is the spelling error on one of the cities' name, i.e. Dacca instead of Dhaka. I held one and true enough, it's stated as Dacca. But yours has the name Dhaka, instead of Dacca. ??? Did Ball actually rectify the mistake in the latest batches?

Manburg,

Both spelling are correct. It use to be Dacca before it was changed to Dhaka.

Offline sean

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 08:05:48 PM »
G.Mac,is turning the city name to 12 instead of the hour hand.for example hong kong is the only city having same time with us,so I just turn hong kong to 12,then will tell others.

Offline sean

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »
Oic,thanks for the info hobbit :Cheers:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Moscow is GMT +4 and not +3.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 08:51:52 PM »

Manburg,

Both spelling are correct. It use to be Dacca before it was changed to Dhaka.

Well, that begs a further question. If Dacca is indeed another recognised spelling, as you might have correctly pointed out, why did Ball feel the need to change it?

Anyway, as dc said, that Dacca model could be worth a fortune in 30 years' time! :laugh:

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 11:24:22 PM »
Great great. If Ur ball in rubber o leather strap more marvelous. N Ur signature watch is Ur Pam right???

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 12:07:07 AM »

Well, that begs a further question. If Dacca is indeed another recognised spelling, as you might have correctly pointed out, why did Ball feel the need to change it?

Anyway, as dc said, that Dacca model could be worth a fortune in 30 years' time! :laugh:

Manburg,

I would guess it is to align with current spelling. Many cities over time has changed spelling and even names:

Kolkata - Culcatta
Mumbai - Bombay
Chennai - Madras
Peking - Beijing
Malacca - Melaka

Anyway with changes not only to the names of the cities, but also time zones, like Moscow which is now GMT +4 and not +3, perhaps the value of the watch may increase, from a historical point of view anyway.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 08:46:20 AM »
Sean, nice collections  :thumbsup:, a different varieties. I like the Ball worldtime, seem like quite a numbers of Ball fans here  :Cheers:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Manburg

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 02:08:16 PM »
Manburg,

I would guess it is to align with current spelling. Many cities over time has changed spelling and even names:

Kolkata - Culcatta
Mumbai - Bombay
Chennai - Madras
Peking - Beijing
Malacca - Melaka

Anyway with changes not only to the names of the cities, but also time zones, like Moscow which is now GMT +4 and not +3, perhaps the value of the watch may increase, from a historical point of view anyway.

Thanks Hobbit. I don't want to belabor on this point, but I need to clarify that I was actually mistaken. The spelling was not Dacca, but was Dahka! :shocked1: That is surely one glaring mistake and would explain as to why Ball decided to rectify it.

You could read some of the stories here:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/original-ball-watch-forum/41617.htm

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f239/engineer-master-ii-diver-worldtime-543396.html

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
Manburg

Well, considering its genuine mistake, then you have actually miss out the opportunity to own a misspell dial.

Maybe better luck the next time when we see and hold one in hand.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Manburg

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »
Manburg

Well, considering its genuine mistake, then you have actually miss out the opportunity to own a misspell dial.

Maybe better luck the next time when we see and hold one in hand.

dc

Yea la ...  :D But I could still rush to that outlet in Sunxxx Pyraxxx where I previously tried the watch, just to try my luck. Hopefull the SA still remember the generous discount he offered me then ... :Praying:

Offline birdtung

• Freshie
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 08:32:54 PM »
Nice!!