Author Topic: Watches as investment 2.0!! Real example  (Read 24306 times)

Offline Jedirat

Re: Watches as investment 2.0!! Real example
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2016, 09:54:09 AM »
Fully agreed. Will wait for the price to be stabilized, only that I believe it may takes at least 2-3 years, if lucky enough.

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
Look at the DaytonaC long enough, like how you look at a beautiful woman, and you'll lose interest. Haha. So many writings on the dial, the rings instead of full colored circles, the excessive cluttered-ness overall....

Yesssss. The price will drop. Give it time  ;D
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline theseira

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2016, 12:54:27 PM »
Look at the DaytonaC long enough, like how you look at a beautiful woman, and you'll lose interest. Haha. So many writings on the dial, the rings instead of full colored circles, the excessive cluttered-ness overall....

Yesssss. The price will drop. Give it time  ;D

Yeah I think once the supply meets demand the price will stabilise. However I don't know how long this is going to take. I don't think the insane premium at this point in time is sustainable.

For those who paid big premium my guess is they would lose money. Also DavidSW just sold one for 18.5k USD.

But if you bought as the right price you should be OK.

Also spoke to the AD I got it from, he mentioned that rolex requires the warranty card to be filled out immediately on the day they receive stock to avoid resale. At the time of pick up the AD also tried to remove all the stickers for me, I told him to leave that to me!

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2016, 03:59:28 PM »
Also spoke to the AD I got it from, he mentioned that rolex requires the warranty card to be filled out immediately on the day they receive stock to avoid resale. At the time of pick up the AD also tried to remove all the stickers for me, I told him to leave that to me!

That seems to be the new practise. My colleagues and I recently visited an AD and they were poisoned (hehe, guess by whom?) to get a piece each. The AD informed that the stickers were now removed in-situ to prevent grey resellers. We pointed out that we were not resellers and he obliged to leaving the stickers to be removed by ourselves.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline theseira

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2016, 07:18:50 AM »

That seems to be the new practise. My colleagues and I recently visited an AD and they were poisoned (hehe, guess by whom?) to get a piece each. The AD informed that the stickers were now removed in-situ to prevent grey resellers. We pointed out that we were not resellers and he obliged to leaving the stickers to be removed by ourselves.

:o :o :o :o

So when delivery