Author Topic: SCAM  (Read 13852 times)

Offline harkensng

Re: SCAM
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 03:43:09 PM »
Mudah is not only full of SCAMMER sellers, but also SCAMMER buyers!
So beware guys.
I have sold a lot of watches on Mudah, and will always get a guy/girl contacting me from overseas.
They will give a good story; want to buy present for son/brother/wife.
Then you will get email from a faux bank saying the guy already transferred the money, but needs the tracking number first for the bank to complete the transfer.
What bull!  :Mad:

yes. Lots of dishonest people in mudah.. :thumbsdown:

Offline Everdying

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 04:24:33 PM »
plus mudah wants ppl to register not to avoid scammers, but to collect personal data.

Offline moxxjet

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 04:33:09 PM »
Mudah is not only full of SCAMMER sellers, but also SCAMMER buyers!
So beware guys.
I have sold a lot of watches on Mudah, and will always get a guy/girl contacting me from overseas.
They will give a good story; want to buy present for son/brother/wife.
Then you will get email from a faux bank saying the guy already transferred the money, but needs the tracking number first for the bank to complete the transfer.
What bull!  :Mad:

yes. Lots of dishonest people in mudah.. :thumbsdown:

Apparently those are bots that sniff out big ticket items and scammers start raining down on you to see if you catch their bait.

If it's too good to be true, it usually is the case.

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 06:07:38 PM »
browsing at mudah, there indeed are many items with good price that i find it's a bit too good to be true. one common point is these sellers none are from klang valley or even neighbor state. it gotta be terengganu, kelantan, perlis, kedah...

you can still see these post as of today:

a mint sub 116600LV for less than 13.7k
a 10 months old SD for 13.5k
a mint 16600 for 11.7k
a mint 116600 for 12.3k - i tried to contact the seller to offer for cod in KL, but he/she ask me to meet at Kelantan. i did not pursue further.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 03:12:39 PM »
browsing at mudah, there indeed are many items with good price that i find it's a bit too good to be true. one common point is these sellers none are from klang valley or even neighbor state. it gotta be terengganu, kelantan, perlis, kedah...

you can still see these post as of today:

a mint sub 116600LV for less than 13.7k
a 10 months old SD for 13.5k
a mint 16600 for 11.7k
a mint 116600 for 12.3k - i tried to contact the seller to offer for cod in KL, but he/she ask me to meet at Kelantan. i did not pursue further.

You can try checking them up by agreeing to meet at their stated place. I was interested in a BNIB SubDate that a seller supposedly have in Johore. The seller was able to WhatsApp the pics that I requested but he sounded foreign, although his Mudah name was Malay. I wanted to do COD and he agreed, but only in Johore. I agreed and we were to meet at an AD. Few hours later, I called him and asked about his whereabouts. He then said that he was too busy and wanted me to bank a sum to his account to prove my sincerity to buy (never mind that I supposedly drove from KL to Johore at his request) before he would meet up. So that was the confirmation that it was a scam. My location then? Well, I smelt a rat when we started talking. So, I was still in KL actually.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline Narco

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »
Had that too.. I sms.. The seller replied. Then i called, but shocked to hear the foreign way of speaking. Cant quite understand what the seller (a she by the way although the advertised name represents a Malay male name) is trying to tell when i asked questions. Then she said she'ss busy and hung up. Few minutes later i received and sms 'So, want to buy or not want to buy?"

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 07:16:43 PM »
Pls report police. The commercial crime unit will track him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ahboy

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 10:09:51 AM »
to be safe, COD the best