Author Topic: 21 mm lug width steel strap Omega  (Read 4856 times)

Offline flazer

21 mm lug width steel strap Omega
« on: July 22, 2018, 10:49:58 PM »
Hi all..

I'm at my wits end. I cant find replacement straps for my 21mm omega.

Anyone willing to share their experience?

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
Re: 21 mm lug width steel strap Omega
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 10:51:51 PM »
Hi all..

I'm at my wits end. I cant find replacement straps for my 21mm omega.

Anyone willing to share their experience?

Pics of the watch would help us to identify the model. Omega does have some models with rather unique lug widths, but you could get it with some tracking, no worries.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline mongourou

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 12:44:06 PM »
I was wondering the same for an Explorer 2 with 21mm lug width.

After checking into several forums, few members recommended Bas&Lokes (http://www.basandlokes.com). Quality is great and they offer a wide variety of lug width.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline gunsnroses

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »
I have had so many watches over the years with 21mm lug widths amongst them JLC, Breguet and IWC. I believe this is done so you will have to buy back the original strap as not many OEM straps have that size.

End up, I just use 20mm and close one eye on the 1mm short. You can find 21mm but it's very hard and mostly you have to order online.

Offline flazer

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 01:01:22 PM »

Actually i've read a couple of sites, if you want to get leather/nato straps for 21mm lugs, its alright to upsize i.e 22mm straps on 21mm lugs. I would suggest you try it with cheaper straps first and then if its ok u can go ahead with more expensive ones. There are also some websites that offer bespoke leather straps and they are not that pricey.

However that's not possible with metal straps. I dont know if my OCD will allow me to tolerate 20mm strap on my watch. lol. Looks like I might have no choice but to get the original straps from the AD.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »
Don't worry about it- you could get odd-size strap widths from the open market. For instance, the Ball was on a 21mm Fliegar while Omega was on the 19mm Aviator. Looks perfect for the lugs like factory-made, and very comfortable to be worn. So you just have to scout around for the ones that speak to you.

Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline flazer

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 04:12:02 PM »
This is a good idea. Might just do this! lol. and those are some nice watches!  :Cheers: