Author Topic: Courier a Rolex to Singapore from Malaysia  (Read 7698 times)

Offline JohnLee

Courier a Rolex to Singapore from Malaysia
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:02:55 PM »
Have anyone experience before? Fedex a Rolex to Singapore?  Will receiver kena tax or gst? Safe to do so? Thank you all.

Offline ExplorerII

Re: Courier a Rolex to Singapore from Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:33:06 AM »
Havent tried it for Singapore - Malaysia but bought my reverso from US and fedexed it over.   You will be charged GST. Plus there is a maximum value that the courier company will insure your watch for (can't remember the value) so depending on the price of the watch you might have to take a risk.  I think same rules should apply for all countries. Might be better taking a airasia flight over to collect/deliver the watch....

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 04:33:47 AM »
Havent tried it for Singapore - Malaysia but bought my reverso from US and fedexed it over.   You will be charged GST. Plus there is a maximum value that the courier company will insure your watch for (can't remember the value) so depending on the price of the watch you might have to take a risk.  I think same rules should apply for all countries. Might be better taking a airasia flight over to collect/deliver the watch....

Thanks for sharing. If we simply put the value like usd100 then gst wont be much right.  :P

Offline Cocas

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:20:55 AM »

Thanks for sharing. If we simply put the value like usd100 then gst wont be much right.  :P

Be careful, Custom Department has right to adjust it to market value. FedEx won't take the risk to under declare GST.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 08:51:38 AM »
When you under-value, you would also have to change the description of the watch (would not make sense to declare say, a Rolex 116610LN at USD100). In that manner, if anything goes wrong with the courier, you may have problems lodging a report and the insurance value is at stake too. I would agree with one of the above suggestions to take a flight there to collect the watch. I've done that before, and it could be just a simple day trip to and fro if the party agrees to meet you at Changi.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 10:35:24 AM »

Be careful, Custom Department has right to adjust it to market value. FedEx won't take the risk to under declare GST.

True also. Thanks for sharing bro.

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »
When you under-value, you would also have to change the description of the watch (would not make sense to declare say, a Rolex 116610LN at USD100). In that manner, if anything goes wrong with the courier, you may have problems lodging a report and the insurance value is at stake too. I would agree with one of the above suggestions to take a flight there to collect the watch. I've done that before, and it could be just a simple day trip to and fro if the party agrees to meet you at Changi.

Agree with you guys.... Man damn gst. 

Offline Cocas

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 01:38:01 PM »

What's a good idea! RM 17k x 6% = RM 1.02k. maybe it's cheaper to fly AirAsia to Osaka to pick up my watch.

Sorry side talk a bit on this thread.

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »

What's a good idea! RM 17k x 6% = RM 1.02k. maybe it's cheaper to fly AirAsia to Osaka to pick up my watch.

Sorry side talk a bit on this thread.

Day trip to osaka? Mayb a week holiday and pick up ya watch.

Offline wristalk

• Freshie
  • Watch Aficionado
    • wristalk
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 06:28:28 PM »
If the seller is in Singapore, perhaps he could take a quick bus trip to Johor with the Rolex strapped on his wrist. Then, use Fedex/ DHL from Johor post it over to Kuala Lumpur (or anywhere in Malaysia), sent it as gifts.

I believe in this case, GST will not be imposed.
SELLING MY PERSONAL COLLECTION AT: http://bit.ly/2DcqE53

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 06:53:36 PM »
If the seller is in Singapore, perhaps he could take a quick bus trip to Johor with the Rolex strapped on his wrist. Then, use Fedex/ DHL from Johor post it over to Kuala Lumpur (or anywhere in Malaysia), sent it as gifts.

I believe in this case, GST will not be imposed.

My case is watch fr KL to Spore :(

Offline wristalk

• Freshie
  • Watch Aficionado
    • wristalk
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 07:01:10 PM »
your concern is whether the watch will be imposed GST with upon entering Singapore? As ExploreII said its better to take an AirAsia flight directly to Singapore. Or you can plan doing a day-trip to Johor for food and sightseeing and ask the seller/buyer to meet you there in person.  ;D

Offline Watched

• New trained daddy
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 07:04:51 PM »
Anything above 600 sgd will be charge gst from sg custom

I tried before

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 07:16:43 PM »
Anything above 600 sgd will be charge gst from sg custom

I tried before

Thanks for sharing. Appreciated

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »
your concern is whether the watch will be imposed GST with upon entering Singapore? As ExploreII said its better to take an AirAsia flight directly to Singapore. Or you can plan doing a day-trip to Johor for food and sightseeing and ask the seller/buyer to meet you there in person.  ;D

If i have no option left. Then i have to travel. Problem is buyer dont wanna pay deposit. They neg more when you akready there. That's suck!

Offline wristalk

• Freshie
  • Watch Aficionado
    • wristalk
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 07:42:49 PM »
To be fair, the buyer must agreed to a fixed price and paid a certain amount of deposit to show his seriousness. The buyer may has his own concern, as he had not seen the watch personally, then he got to paid a deposit upfront.

My suggestion is to make a video call, present the watch to the buyer, have a good chat and see whether he's serious buying or not.

I had once travelled to Melaka to meet a potential buyer. In the end the buyer did not take my watch and said sorry to me. I had just wasted my time, petrol and toll. However, I did enjoy a good nyonya cuisine there  ;D ;D

If you want to meet the buyer in Johor, just lower your expectation. Be ready whether he's buying or not. If he continue with the purchase, then it's good for you. If not, just take this as your day trip to Johor. Whatever the outcome was, you'll definitely less frustrated than me.

Offline mineralwater112

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 08:22:55 PM »

If i have no option left. Then i have to travel. Problem is buyer dont wanna pay deposit. They neg more when you akready there. That's suck!

Hello bro, Singapore custom will charge 7% GST for any import value more than sgd 400.

By the way what watch are you selling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 02:51:37 AM »

Hello bro, Singapore custom will charge 7% GST for any import value more than sgd 400.

By the way what watch are you selling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rolex

Offline Timeless

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 05:36:03 AM »
Does buyer have a receiving entity in JB? If yes, that will save the tax. If no, send it over to your reliable hotel in JB, buyer can then collect by himself, these are just the suggestions with certain risk though.

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 06:09:47 AM »
Nvm i gave up. I have a feeling thats i might waste my time. Better keep it. Not worth to fly over unkess making money.  :Confused: