Author Topic: Reasonable discount rate for Oris  (Read 4211 times)

Offline yiloong

Reasonable discount rate for Oris
« on: October 25, 2010, 12:54:06 PM »
I am intent to purchase a new Diver watch (Special Edition) from Oris. I did some quick survey in a few shop on Penang area. The tag price is RM14000 and the sales girl offering me XXX% discount which is around RMXXXXXX. (Please refrain from discussing discount rates, nett prices on the forum, as per Rules & Guidelines - Mod) Friend of mine said Oris watches's profit margin are quite high and some shop in KL able to offer XXXX% off. I just wonder whether the statement is true?? Can any sifu here PM me the standard guide line on the watches discount rate?? Thank you very much.
(Please PM any replies on discount rates to yiloong directly - Mod).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:32:54 PM by danny »

Offline David_cheong

Re: Reasonable discount rate for Oris
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 03:34:20 PM »
Too many xxxxx factors. I / We have lost the sense of directions.

IMHO. RM14k can get you a lot good diver in the market, eg. a ND sub.

Trust me, Limited editions / Special editions are marketing strategy.
My 2 cents tell me - any number above 50 / 100 is not LE / SE. For, I once had a 999/999 LE (last pc). The value is next to nothing when I sold it off.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »
agree with dc..even at rm14k assuming the discount is really great around 40%, it is still rm8k. for those kind of prices, it is better to switch brands..the sub ND or even the Omega Planet Ocean. LE or SE is not a good benchmark to justify the high prices. To be honest if i were to get an oris i would only be willing to pay rm7k at the most for one. Sorry if this sounds demeaning to Oris faithfuls out there in this forum but that is just my preference.What model of Oris is it by the way that costs rm14k?
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 10:58:34 PM »
I assume the topic starter is talking about Col moschin watch.  ???

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 08:32:38 PM »
agree with dc..even at rm14k assuming the discount is really great around 40%, it is still rm8k. for those kind of prices, it is better to switch brands..the sub ND or even the Omega Planet Ocean. LE or SE is not a good benchmark to justify the high prices. To be honest if i were to get an oris i would only be willing to pay rm7k at the most for one. Sorry if this sounds demeaning to Oris faithfuls out there in this forum but that is just my preference.What model of Oris is it by the way that costs rm14k?

hmmm, at RM8k, I'd rather get the Ball Trieste ... also LE, titanium & u get the scale model of the sub as well as an additional strap... the Omega PO would also be a good choice...