Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: FS: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch "Apollo 15" 40th Anniversary LE  (Read 4355 times)

Offline roystock

Hi guys,

I am selling for a friend an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch "Apollo 15" 40th Anniversary Limited Edition - full set, purchased from a local AD in March 2016 (still have plenty of warranties). The set come with full link and I will rate the overall condition, including the links, 99%.

Asking price is RM15,500, a substantial discount from the retail price of over US$6k, especially for a limited edition.
Price is slightly negotiable. Do text me if you need more photos.

I shall skip the introduction on speedy - I believe everyone is familiar with the historical significance of Speedy.
On the Apollo 15 LE
- Apollo 15 was the fourth of NASA's six missions to land on the Moon
- It was the first to feature a long duration stay on the lunar surface and there was a greater focus on science than there had been on previous missions. Most notably, it was the first mission where the Lunar Roving Vehicle was used.
- The Apollo 15 mission began on July 26, 1971; the crew landed on the Moon four days later and they wouldn't splash down until the 7th of August. The adventure had lasted more than twelve days!

- The Speedmaster Moonwatch "Apollo 15" 40th Anniversary was created in an edition limited to 1,971 pieces.
- The watch uses the classic OMEGA caliber 1861, the same manual-winding chronograph that equips the legendary Speedmaster Professional.
- This Limited Edition timepiece has a minute track in blue, white and red – the three colors of the Apollo 15 patch.
- The screw-in caseback is embossed with an image of the Lunar Rover and the words "APOLLO 15" and "40th ANNIVERSARY".

Cheers.

Offline roystock

Re: FS: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch "Apollo 15" 40th Anniversary LE
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 11:10:18 PM »
SOLD. Thanks MWF