Author Topic: seven friday  (Read 73972 times)

Offline yuzhan

• Freshie
Re: seven friday watch
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 12:02:56 PM »
Don't know how many modification seven Friday hv done… and make it worth the price…

Offline Lazarus7247

• Freshie
Re: seven friday watch
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
Hmm I've never looked at it though .. feel its too big for my wrist ..  ::)

Offline Timeless

Re: seven friday
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »
+ case size mostly 47mm and strap size 24mm

Offline My G$D

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »

P2-02 17days old ;D :D ;D

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 08:40:41 AM »
bought on 3 Oct and now you want to flip it

must be a nice watch

Offline My G$D

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 09:35:38 AM »
bought on 3 Oct and now you want to flip it

must be a nice watch

Exactly  :) :)
we can refer to my topic on http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,6.0.html

TQ

Offline Everdying

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 10:29:57 AM »
take note there are fake sevenfriday's in the local market now, selling at rm1.8k.
at first glance they look almost the same, even using the same miyota movement.
easiest way to verify is of cos bring it to the local distributor, red army watches, to check the serial number etc.
they told me also recently some walk-in of theirs bought a fake one from somewhere :P

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 11:01:45 AM »
+ case size mostly 47mm and strap size 24mm

u r wrong bro, case size is 47mm strap lug is 28mm taped to 24/26mm bro

Offline My G$D

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 04:00:59 PM »
take note there are fake sevenfriday's in the local market now, selling at rm1.8k.
at first glance they look almost the same, even using the same miyota movement.
easiest way to verify is of cos bring it to the local distributor, red army watches, to check the serial number etc.
they told me also recently some walk-in of theirs bought a fake one from somewhere :P

Yea. Very easy to define the ori n the fake. :police: :police: :police:

For those who see before a ori 7friday on licensed distributor, when meet a fake 7friday already can look the different btw movement feel (adjust time) and those print/logo in the watch (as a fake 7friday look so cartoon on a fake)

To who just to define on photos, image. Just look at the serial code. It was circulate like Car plate (as the alphabet from A-Z), u all can see through my 7friday is start from alphabet  'F' (F 0453) i brought from oct2014. But nw all the fake 7friday serial code is started from alphabet 'A' (which the very earlier batch,maybe 2-3 yrs ago.) so how could the early batch 7friday still can find out as the 'new watch' selling in the market nw??

So beware all my frds. If u really wan to look for a 7friday pls prefer COD to someone else or at licensed distributor, are rather than shipping on9 from others.

Again---7friday is a very nice & young watch. 1st view for anyone are 'ATTRACTIVE'
Thks:))

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 09:05:29 PM »
I knew it was only a matter of time before pirates jumped on the bandwagon for SevenFriday. After all, it was a popular watch (unique design and affordable for a Swiss watch) and had a easy off-the-shelf-and-cheap-to-buy Miyota movement (okay, chalk off the earlier Swiss watch part), and was being sold at a rather high premium compared to the prices of the parts. I mean, Steinhart was a real Swiss watch selling at less than RM2k with an ETA 2nd-grade 2824-2; and SF was going at a RRP of almost RM4k with a non-hacking Miyota movement?! The writing was on the wall at quite an early stage.

From what I read online, replica SF enter the market very recently but was still recognisable from the font 'Seven'; the rear engraving (less legible wordings and rough workmanship); lower quality leather strap; no aluminium warranty card; and most likely come without the crate-like SF box which was a USD75 option on replica sites. And with grey resellers dumping the goods of genuine SF (look at Mudah where you can get new pieces for less than RM3k), I would rather hold on the purchase for a bit more as the prices slide downwards with the novelty wearing off, rather than spending RM1.8k on a replica. A replica can never beat a genuine piece, IMHO; although in this case, if the replica comes with an ETA movement at that price, it may just tip the scale to its favour amongst some WIS.

Personally, I find that SF is more like a fashion watch, which novelty wears off pretty quickly. It was meant to be a fun and quirky piece not to be taken seriously. It's a Swiss brand with a Japanese heart, assembled in China and couriered from Swiss (if you ordered online from HQ). I had a piece when it was all the rage then, but it didn't quite sing to me after I got it. For circa RM3k today, I would rather go for an entry-level Swiss-made watch or medium-level Japan-made watch. SF could however, up the ante by slotting in an ETA movement. Then the fun starts.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline vincenttan

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »
Take care to avoid fall, it's fragile
Mine breaks its balance wheel  :thumbsup:

Offline Top2

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »
i own a P2-1,so far im very happy with it.

Offline blue605

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 02:30:36 PM »
Well made casing .Not much watches such as this design at its price range .Watch collector could have consider to get one of it .

Offline ikttan

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2015, 04:27:00 PM »
When someone ask whether it is worth it or not ... well, most watches above RM100 is not worth it  :-\  (depends on  your definition la).  What I am getting at is this, if you like it and it gives you a sense of pride or you just like the design or you finally joined the club, just go and get it.

Now, that last statement, one disclaimer, you can get the same design and quality from a replica (7 Fridays have very good replicas which are hard to tell, it ranges in terms of quality) BUT it is not being fair on the designer of the watch.

If you like it, can afford it, and will make  you proud to wear it ... just go ahead and buy it  :Cheers:

Offline pez

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 10:21:29 AM »
Its a great watch, price of the watch had also gone up since the time i bought it. So not a bad buy I thnk.

Offline parolant

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2016, 06:31:05 AM »
Take care to avoid fall, it's fragile
Mine breaks its balance wheel  :thumbsup:

breaks balance wheel? you dropped it? mine drop's few time because of my kids, but still functioning well.

Offline watchkeeper

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2016, 10:56:52 PM »
The first batch of 7Fridays are looking good, not with the following batches though.....

Offline andrewhtf

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 11:51:58 AM »
The first batch of 7Fridays are looking good, not with the following batches though.....
also those square-roundish models too

Offline Danielo

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2017, 08:25:42 AM »
For what it is, SevenFriday isn't worth the price that it is demanding.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »
Is this brand still hot in Malaysia? :)

Offline forniter

• Freshie
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2018, 02:53:37 PM »
my first mechanical watch was a seven friday, still have it till today. it will always be my first love

Offline Arcule

• Freshie
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2018, 07:19:44 AM »
price for 7friday is way too much. u can compare it with NSQUARE, but are not top brand, but nsquare looks much more better and stylist compare to 7friday and way cheaper

Offline Afham07

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2020, 10:02:10 PM »
Hi,

Seven Friday. Seems the brand fails to attract buyers? I really in love with design of P3. Used can get around rm1800 level.not sure worth it or not as many find it difficult to sell seven fridays. I am looking for P3 at RM1500 or so. Hehe.

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2021, 09:46:32 PM »
Dont know about it, but it seems like a fancy watch more than a practical one.