Author Topic: Was window shopping and noticed noticed somet things....  (Read 2464 times)

Offline takashi78

Was window shopping and noticed noticed somet things....
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:05:47 AM »
Was at the AD trying out some watched yesterday and finally i had a chance to look at the Rolex Deep Sea.
IMO that was is too huge for and the bracelet is just not proportion rightly. Dont think that its the watch for me.
Next is the new white gold Sub with blue dial and bezel, looks very nice on the net but when i played around with it, it just does not look too diff than a SS version. Oh and the price they are asking, yikes...way beyond my budget haha...

Offline sshark

Re: Was window shopping and noticed noticed somet things....
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »
I concur with on the DSSD. Huge and not proportional bracelet. It suppose to be a tool and not a fashion watch so no problem there :)

Watch makers can charge  3 to 4 times the SS price for watches (cases & bracelets) made from precious metal for little more if not the same effort. That y they love to produce these watches.

/lim/

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »
the price is bit high to me...
otherwise i'll get one and wear it with rubber strap!

Offline sshark

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »
Soon Rolex gonna roll out something called Rolesor (term used by Rolex for SS and 18k Gold combination) for Submariner. There r 2 models, blue dial and black dial. Tat would be cheaper than full WG or YG :)

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:21:21 AM »
Haha i actually saw some press kits that was sent to the AD on Sat with David. No concrete prices yet.
Says est will reach AD's in late Aug or Sept.
Really looking forward to see the 40mm datejust.
Oh and the flower dials haha