Author Topic: most complicated watch  (Read 5066 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
most complicated watch
« on: June 18, 2009, 10:31:10 PM »

The case, in 18kt white gold, measures 44mm x 15mm. It has double sapphire crystals.

Movement is the JLC caliber 182 made of 1,300 parts.

It features: Westminster Chimes, Grande Sonnerie, Petit Sonnerie, silent mode, minute repeater, flying tourbillon, perpetual calendar, instantaneous jumping digital hours, minutes, days retrograde, months retrograde, date retrograde, display of the leap year, inertia blocking; tone power reserve, mainspring power reserve, time setting in steps of one hour and minute by one minute jumps, clockwise and counterclockwise.

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: most complicated watch
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 07:09:16 AM »
Movement is the JLC caliber 182 made of 1,300 parts.

It features: Westminster Chimes, Grande Sonnerie, Petit Sonnerie, silent mode, minute repeater, flying tourbillon, perpetual calendar, instantaneous jumping digital hours, minutes, days retrograde, months retrograde, date retrograde, display of the leap year, inertia blocking; tone power reserve, mainspring power reserve, time setting in steps of one hour and minute by one minute jumps, clockwise and counterclockwise.

1300 parts??? It'll probably take the watchmaker 6 months to service this work of art. What a wonderful piece of mechanical machinery. I don't even dare to ask about the price.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 07:26:38 AM »
A digital watch idea in a mechanical completion, real nice!

If i'm wearing it (IF la), i dare not to move my hand that much because it feel so fragile to me....

In my opinion, it's more to the firm in proving their capability in building/working on the complication watch instead of really taking care the consumer...1300 parts, not sure how many watchmaker in JLC able to fix it if you send it back to them ??? IF they would spend more time in R&D lower cost watches, i think we all here will "benefit" more ;D but then again, this is another way for the firm to raise their reputation and then charge more to the lower cost time piece  ;D Just my thought, don't get me wrong, I'm totally like this complication!

Thanks for sharing!

:Cheers:
sc

Offline sshark

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 10:05:16 AM »
Wow ... u must really love this watch 3x... u uploaded the images thrice :)

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 11:17:16 AM »
Wow ... u must really love this watch 3x... u uploaded the images thrice :)

:Laughing_on_floor: I wanted to make a similar comment, but thought better of it.
 :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 03:17:03 PM »
 :Laughing_on_floor: just to show u guys clearly....  :Laughing_on_floor:

my watchmaker fren in richemont told me his problem with the jlc 8 days...
he cant fix it... jlc used alot of small, thin and tiny parts in their movement...

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »
LOL! Don't tell us this la...now you make me have no confident in your JLC watchmaker-friend in Richemont already  :Laughing_on_floor:

just kidding...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 08:15:27 PM »
LOL! Don't tell us this la...now you make me have no confident in your JLC watchmaker-friend in Richemont already  :Laughing_on_floor:

just kidding...

but at least they will send it back to swiss....
still richemont better than sw**ch in terms of service.....

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 07:15:35 AM »
Now you're making scared to send in my Speedy for service locally.... :o

Offline sshark

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 09:36:54 AM »
Better is a relative term. It does not mean Swatch service is bad. You can look at it as, Swatch service is good but not as good as Richy :)

** disclaimer ** I have not send any of my watch to Swatch for service before and I presume sw**ch == swatch :)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 03:12:08 PM »
i better make this clear....
how good is 'good' in servicing your watch.... which is very relative to ppl....

time - sw**ch std is 2 mths
cost - rich****t every small part replacement cost u rm200 (be it a gear or a wheel... bigger part its different story)
percentage of need not going for 2nd time in short period - r u happy when u receiv eyour watch.... the watchmaker carelessly scratch  your watch...
customrer service at counter - whether the gal at counter pretty and smail at you...

i said no good last time is according to my own std....