Author Topic: Tudor Chrono 2021  (Read 10421 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: Tudor Chrono 2021
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2021, 08:17:28 PM »
Waiting list may be long now; but my experience with the brand is just to wait. Agree with bro Strinq and that this is starting to be a common feature every year but soon stocks will be available in the AD. It was the same with the Black Bay GMT, then the Gilt and blue 58. So keep calm and wait for the call. Like bro pleasuresaurus mentioned as well, the next best Tudor may just be around the corner. Cheers.

This is not what investors like to hear especially after they've put in the investment. Tudor has not been able to create a Daytona model yet. They seem to be stuck with trying to keep to origins and experimenting with new looks/materials.

It's a solid tool watch for now and not an investment piece that people are trying to hype it to be seeing it's tight link to Rolex.

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2021, 08:54:09 AM »
Grey is trying their luck upping it to rm25400 (5k margin!)

Not sure if sustainable , targeting for group that cannot afford Rollies ...

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2021, 10:40:06 AM »
I doubt they can command that kind of mark up though, we’ve seen how the BB58 black and blue has performed, where some grey dealers tried to raise it to upwards of even rm18k! End up dropping - and I’ve seen some grey slashing to rm14k+ that is close to retail.

Unless there is global demand and a trend to drive this, I doubt the local market alone can drive these prices up. But I stand corrected la...since there are a lot of speculators too waiting to park their investments in watches for a hopeful bigger yield - not wrong in itself. I for one am happy some of my pieces have appreciated, but at the same time disheartened because I can’t get those I actually want at retail for such brands (Rolex, AP RO, Etc).

Anyway, buy what we are willing to use, and not just as a safe-queen - is my mantra. (This topic seems to be recurring in many threads like a broken record lol)

Cheers

Offline W3ll

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2021, 02:51:12 PM »
Strike the iron while it's hot, that's how flipping a tudor is nowadays. Flipping aside, personally think Tudor is still one watch that can hold it's value pretty well as compare to other brands it compete with..

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2021, 07:39:09 PM »

.....whoa...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2021, 09:22:28 PM »
https://youtu.be/xUzL9QjHljw

A reflection kind of commentary on the Chrono, and what he thinks its potential could be. Another very cool video shot in classy  Venice.
Terrific pics of the Chrono from 20.42 min, if you want to skip his very interesting thoughts on the watch and the Daytona. Opera in the background is beautiful.

Offline Mike9191

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2021, 05:59:06 PM »
I think have to line up to buy now

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

Offline W3ll

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2021, 12:04:23 PM »
ADs all will say following their current waitlist and stock estimation for the rest of the year the wait is till next year feb - march

Offline dpkong

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2021, 01:10:47 PM »
I think have to line up to buy now

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

so the hype worked on you then...

the popularity of the Daytona has got everyone trying to find the slightest similarity in another watch, whether it's the colour scheme or shape or bracelet design and try to hype that as the next high demand piece..

First it was the Zenith Chronomaster Sport where every watch review site touted it as the Daytona lookalike and it was on waitlist... and then Tudor released this and now no one talks about the Zenith anymore.

Tudor did this before with the Tiger and big block and those were all really cheap even when the Daytona were still hard to get..

Offline BOBOWONDERLAND

• Freshie
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2021, 10:16:21 AM »
Not everyone who queued up to buy this due to hype, for the price that u paying for that black bay chrono, it’s worth every penny. Tudor & Breitling cross over B01 movement, u need to pay over 30k for the breitling to get that movement, and the Tudor resell value is pretty tanky, the value is unlikely to drop.

Good price to get an award winning B01 in-house movement
The brand which likely to increase its value in future
The design, panda model and reverse panda model which looks really stunning on ur hand

Offline Mike1660

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2021, 12:27:49 PM »
More than. 2 month waiting list already

Offline thun_z

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2021, 03:08:23 PM »
I am sure the Tudor BB Chrono hype will die down come year end. The current FMCO, MCO, EMCO situation is helping the hype by slowing and restricting stocks from being imported to the local ADs. The price is all on the 'goreng' trend, same as the BB58 Navy Blue last year. But now, you can get one at the same retail price without hike. The more buyers are desperate, the more they going to hype it with a 5k price premium.

I have surveyed around, a worn Chrono Panda dial is going at RM 22k, WORN ya!
A brand new with stickers so far the highest is going for RM25.8k

It's a mad watch world now.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2021, 04:56:32 PM »
Having just collected one in the panda configuration, my only comment is that pictures do not do the watch justice. I was not attracted to this watch when i saw pictures of it. When I saw it in the flesh, I knew I had to have it. Was the dial hard to read? Surprisingly, no. The lack of contrast seen in the pictures is not a problem in the flesh. Is it like the Rolex Daytona Panda? No. As an owner of both, the Rolex is a different watch altogether. But is it "the best Tudor ever"? For now, it definitely is. Should you pay any premium for it? That is entirely up to you. Just my 2 cents  :Cheers:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2021, 03:41:21 PM »
Having just collected one in the panda configuration, my only comment is that pictures do not do the watch justice. I was not attracted to this watch when i saw pictures of it. When I saw it in the flesh, I knew I had to have it. Was the dial hard to read? Surprisingly, no. The lack of contrast seen in the pictures is not a problem in the flesh. Is it like the Rolex Daytona Panda? No. As an owner of both, the Rolex is a different watch altogether. But is it "the best Tudor ever"? For now, it definitely is. Should you pay any premium for it? That is entirely up to you. Just my 2 cents  :Cheers:

Coming from you, this suddenly makes the watch interesting..

Surely would like to see it before deciding.

Offline hanchengk

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2021, 04:48:59 PM »

Hope to view 1 in person before could decide buying or not, but with the situation and queuing process. I doubt any1 could.

Offline BOBOWONDERLAND

• Freshie
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2021, 05:04:36 PM »

Hope to view 1 in person before could decide buying or not, but with the situation and queuing process. I doubt any1 could.
Just drop by to any boutique, I do believe they have a few for “exhibition unit” available for viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline W3ll

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2021, 12:48:47 PM »

Congrats on your new purchase! just curious you bought it from Malaysia?

I totally agree, a lot of fuss many people make about the watch is not true, the best is just go and see the watch yourself and you know something about the watch just captivates you, many was complaining it being too big and too thick, but when i tried it on, there is no issue at all.