Author Topic: New Tudor BB58 release  (Read 31315 times)

Offline heart_killer39

• Freshie
Re: New Tudor BB58 release
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2020, 07:14:05 AM »
Anyone getting any info on the new B558 release. rumored to have a blue bezel with blue dial?
Checked out the display unit at Pavillion and it looks good but the dial size is just too small for my wrist

Offline strinq

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2020, 08:02:24 AM »
Checked out the display unit at Pavillion and it looks good but the dial size is just too small for my wrist

Woah you must have large wrists cuz a lot of people say it's great for anything 7.5inches and under. Do you have 8 inch wrists?
I post pictures of watches in nature:

https://www.instagram.com/watchesinnature/?hl=en

And do some reviews and fun videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkVxZDlFy4dvSUz5Nwz2Ocw

Offline heart_killer39

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2020, 08:07:02 AM »

Woah you must have large wrists cuz a lot of people say it's great for anything 7.5inches and under. Do you have 8 inch wrists?
never measured my wrist though a rolex sub fits my wrist well

Offline W3ll

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 09:15:24 AM »

never measured my wrist though a rolex sub fits my wrist well

if a rolex sub fits well i bet the bb58 shouldn't be too small as you put, is only 1mm difference

Offline ethan89

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2020, 10:08:08 AM »
BB58 actually wear bigger than its actually suggested, simply due to its bezel is narrower than rolex submariner so the dial look bigger or same size with sub.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 10:27:41 AM »

It's not the size in mm, sometimes it's the way the bezel slope away that makes it look smaller.

Or the missing crown....

:Laughing_on_floor:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2020, 10:31:13 AM »
Just curious on the WIS state of mind.
How is it such a big hooha when a brand comes out with basically a watch that is 100% identical to a current model with the only difference being the color.
I think the brands (I'm definitely talking about Rolex and Tudor) have gotten a lot of people brainwashed into thinking that it is a huge deal (all pure marketing and yes they have succeeded).
Just my 2 cents that I think hype behind colors is a little silly...

Tell the to the crowd paying an extra 20k for a green sub over a black one...

Offline W3ll

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2020, 10:37:33 AM »

It's not the size in mm, sometimes it's the way the bezel slope away that makes it look smaller.

Or the missing crown....

:Laughing_on_floor:

I agree with your points, is just that i have both watches and it surprises me that he give the impression that the BB58 is very much smaller than the sub which it isn't honestly..
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 08:10:54 PM by Petai300 »

Offline ethan89

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2020, 10:40:52 AM »
All local ADs having stock right now, but not for sale while others country you can buy one right away at 1st July. 

So Tudor followed its big brother playing those “for display only” or “not for sale” game eh.

This is pure silly imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline W3ll

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2020, 11:12:43 AM »
All local ADs having stock right now, but not for sale while others country you can buy one right away at 1st July. 

So Tudor followed its big brother playing those “for display only” or “not for sale” game eh.

This is pure silly imo.

1st July stocks are sold to their profiled customers ..

Offline Cocas

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2020, 11:14:20 AM »

This is pure silly imo.

I walked into an AD shop and look around . Out of all brands like corum, longines, GS there, I only headed straight to Tudor section to look for left hand drive BB58. As usual, the salesman said no stock and needed to be on waiting list. I dropped him my business card and demanded him to call me and left. I will not bother to give that salesman a call. If he needs my business , well, he must call me then. :Dancing_banana:

Offline W3ll

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2020, 11:18:34 AM »

This is pure silly imo.

I walked into an AD shop and look around . Out of all brands like corum, longines, GS there, I only headed straight to Tudor section to look for left hand drive BB58. As usual, the salesman said no stock and needed to be on waiting list. I dropped him my business card and demanded him to call me and left. I will not bother to give that salesman a call. If he needs my business , well, he must call me then. :Dancing_banana:

There is a new rule in town, the blue one needs full payment to be on waitlist..

Offline ethan89

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2020, 10:15:44 PM »

This is pure silly imo.

There is a new rule in town, the blue one needs full payment to be on waitlist..
2 years before when the black bb58 launched, I also need to make full payment to be on "waitlist", paid the full price and then waited a few months, nothing new actually.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2020, 10:22:53 PM »

This is pure silly imo.

2 years before when the black bb58 launched, I also need to make full payment to be on "waitlist", paid the full price and then waited a few months, nothing new actually.

as far as i know only the AD that don’t carry rolex brand anymore accept full payment.. the full payment for blue 58 is new for the other ADs

Offline ethan89

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2020, 10:32:32 PM »

This is pure silly imo.

as far as i know only the AD that don’t carry rolex brand anymore accept full payment.. the full payment for blue 58 is new for the other ADs
As far as I concerned Watatime was doing this for years and now THG also accepted full payment.
ADs are all playing safe. On flip side, the stocks flow is pretty much under control, else they won't accept prepay.

Offline cky0708

• Freshie
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2020, 09:57:50 PM »

This is pure silly imo.

Sound like a slave to u,lol just found funny that u sound like no respect to the s.person,even that they make commision from selling a piece to u.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2020, 11:03:00 AM »

Sound like a slave to u,lol just found funny that u sound like no respect to the s.person,even that they make commision from selling a piece to u.

If only you know how snobbish and cocky some salesperson are to potential customers... part of the reason I never bought anything from AD around KL other than that one instance at a Watatime outlet and the Manager himself was doing the sale.

Probably not the whole story on how it went about so it may sound a bit high handed.

Offline cky0708

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2020, 08:19:22 PM »

If only you know how snobbish and cocky some salesperson are to potential customers... part of the reason I never bought anything from AD around KL other than that one instance at a Watatime outlet and the Manager himself was doing the sale.

Probably not the whole story on how it went about so it may sound a bit high handed.
Yes i agreed on this as there is some s.person is eat full n tot they r ‘atas’ as they sell luxury brand.then they deserve some customer who r cocky to serve them

Offline cky0708

• Freshie
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2020, 08:20:45 PM »
Sorry was abit out of align to s.person,lets tune back to this beautiful topic

Offline heart_killer39

• Freshie
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2020, 09:43:36 AM »
Sorry was abit out of align to s.person,lets tune back to this beautiful topic

My dealer claims that she could get one for me before Merdeka, keeping my fingers crossed

Offline cooper28

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2020, 06:36:33 PM »
I seen one last Saturday when I done my shopping at Lot 10. Maybe you all can shop there.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2020, 12:08:02 PM »
I seen one last Saturday when I done my shopping at Lot 10. Maybe you all can shop there.

Pretty sure is for display only and not for sale..

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2020, 05:42:52 PM »
Long waiting list. Some ADs demand full payment. One AD showed me 23 buyers in his phone, all fully paid up. There’s one on Mudah, asking 20.5k. Retail is 14.15k.

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2020, 11:06:52 AM »
...juz unboxed...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline 2ndOpinion

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2020, 11:47:14 AM »
Experimenting with straps. The bracelet’s amazing, but I prefer brown leather straps.
A word of advice: unless you ”kan cheong” can’t wait lol, don't settle for the Nato or blue leather strap BB58 Blue from your AD cos you’ll want to buy the bracelet next to make the watch complete. That costs over 3k and
adds to your purchase price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk