Author Topic: My new Nomos Weltzeit  (Read 9946 times)

Offline daleyusof

My new Nomos Weltzeit
« on: November 26, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »
Just want to share with you guys.....bought it online from a dealer in Germany...arrived within 3 days......very simple packaging...lovely movement even though it doesn't use the new Nomos swing system.......wanted the blue dial but its not singing when it was on my dark wrist, so end up buying the cream dial......

Now waiting for the delivery of the Nomos Metro Gangreserve..DUW 4401—in-house built NOMOS caliber with manual winding, date and power reserve indicator; NOMOS swing system with tempered blue balance spring. (DUW stands for NOMOS Glashütte Deutsche Uhrenwerke.)

Offline antoniosaprozeld

Re: My new Nomos Weltzeit
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 09:54:57 AM »
Congrats dale.. share more pics..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 11:33:57 AM »
Thanks antoniosaprozeld but I don't feel justice is served taking the pictures just by using iPhone without using SLRs which I don't own....since the pictures of the watch would be nicer in the internet together with al the reviews, perhaps I can contribute by sharing my experience buying it only from German AD......

I first got hooked to the watch when I was looking for a Worldtimer with reasonable prices...I was considering Frederick Constant and Tissot but I even though find those watches beautiful, especially Frederick Constant with its own movement, it was not really practical and easy to read. After further googling, I found the Weltzeit which was beautiful, hand made with in house movement, understated with subtle beauty and within my budget. Unfortunately, I could not find it in Malaysia and after sleepless night, I managed to try it on my wrist while I was in Bangkok. I tried the newer nicer blue dial but unfortunately it didn't look good on my sun burned golfer wrist.

I goggled for the watch and found the German AD in Chrono 24 website offering a price 46% cheaper than the online price stated in Nomos's official website. I communicated with them via email and they were very helpful with my queries. The price would be cheaper using direct transfer but I find it risky so I paid via PayPal which attracted another 5% fee after deducting 19% German VAT inclusive of 190 Euro for German customs and shipping cost. After comparing the prices with the retailer in Bangkok, I decided that it would be cheaper to buy online and so I bought it right after I came back from Bangkok...within 3 working days, I got my first Nomos sent directly to my office.

Please note that online purchase would attract GST charges from Malaysian customs as well which I have to pay to FedEx guys immediately when they deliver it to my office. So I ended up forking out another RM848++ on GST charges before I can put the beauty on my wrist.

I hope my experience would be beneficial to fellow MWF and feel free to ask anything about the watch or buying via online...

Offline watzisname

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 07:44:57 PM »
Congrats! Pics please !

Offline Frogman

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 10:14:08 AM »
Wonder how's the German movement likes, apreaciate the pictures please..

Offline roystock

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 06:24:23 AM »
Congrats bro.
Does the German AD carry other Nomos? Are they at similar discount?
What's the price difference if you have bought from Bangkok instead (taking into account saving on PayPal, 6% GST, shipment fees)?

Appreciate if you can PM me if you don't feel like sharing in open.
Cheers

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 08:34:47 PM »
Dear roystock, they do carry other Nomos models..not sure about the discounts though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 08:35:49 PM »
Price difference would be less than 1k since our currency sucks

Offline roystock

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:01 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
Time for me to plan for a Bangkok trip

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 12:17:30 PM »
Roystock, just to clarify..I bought my Nomos Metro Gangreserve in Bangkok purely coz there is no stock in d German AD..waiting period of 6 months...it'll b a bit cheaper if the German AD has stock of the model that you wanted...savings if less than 1k..hope it helps

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 12:19:11 PM »
Actually, no stock worldwide...

Offline thong123

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 07:55:18 AM »
came in 3 days that really very fast. can pm me the site you ordered at pls ?

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 04:54:32 PM »
Chrono24

Offline watches12

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 04:58:37 PM »
Congrats on your new purchase

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 04:56:31 AM »
Nomos has just increased the price effective 1 Feb for European market, including Germany and Switzerland on average of 7.3pct.... For example, Tangente 38 now costs €1760 (prev €1640)

Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 07:21:13 AM »
It will keep going up on almost yearly basis..

Offline Mikey C.

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 01:59:12 PM »
congrats for your new arrival! I also like this watch so much.

Offline jaushiarn91

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 09:03:21 PM »
Thanks for sharing! Always wondered how do we deal with all the overseas non-retailed in Malaysia brand  :thumbsup:
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

Offline Zanyxxlorde

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 02:24:05 PM »
Nomos only available in singapore ?

Offline vans1088

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2021, 11:54:10 PM »
Show us some pics please