Author Topic: Home / House Content Insurance - Discussion  (Read 2036 times)

Offline kenixck

Home / House Content Insurance - Discussion
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:30:24 AM »

Ok, the safety and security in Msia is getting from bad to worse.  :mooning:

But the numbers of watches in the household keeps adding up.  :Cheers:

Just want to to discuss about home "content insurance" and if any members got their house robbed before can share their experience. (personally heard a few stories but not too close with them to discuss)

Maybe there's an insurance expert in here who can share his/her insight.

What to insure ?
How much to insure ?
What proof (receipt) / photo of the valuables must we keep ?
How about watches we bought pre-owned without receipt but still cost a bomb ? (for e.g. 5K is a bomb to me)
How much value of the goods they actually covered (payout) ? (like car usually 80% per se)

So do we over-valued our watches to cover the cost.

Thanks !

Mod kindly move topic to correct area if in wrong section.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Home / House Content Insurance - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »
Get a Householders insurance to cover the contents.

What to insure ? A lumpsum figure to cover all your content. Item more than 5k (i think) need to separately stated and mentioned in the policy
How much to insure ? Original purchase value
What proof (receipt) / photo of the valuables must we keep ? Original receipts, photo will be helpful as well
How about watches we bought pre-owned without receipt but still cost a bomb ? (for e.g. 5K is a bomb to me) Talk to your insurer to insure based on 'agreed value'
How much value of the goods they actually covered (payout) ? (like car usually 80% per se) Usually s purchased value minus depreciation, unless insured base on 'agreed value'

Offline el118

Re: Home / House Content Insurance - Discussion
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »
I think most insurance co will be reluctant to insure watches. i used to have mine insured but subsequently they decided not to renew. (which i think they got a point as watches can be easily "moved around and manipulated" )

pls share with us if you find any insurance company willing to take up all risk insurance for watches.