Author Topic: Salesman need good tyre..help  (Read 18580 times)

Offline thomasim87

Salesman need good tyre..help
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »
I work as salesman..seriously need a pretty good tyre because I travel from north to south quite often. Not to say my current tyre is no good is just I wanted a better one. Current is using Silverstone M5 17" inch rim for my Honda Civic.Any expert can advise me as which tyre in market now can last more longer and grip better?

Offline CKL1213

Re: Salesman need good tyre..help
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 10:20:50 AM »
Hankook or Falken, cheaper as compared to Bridgestone or Yokohama

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »
Hankook not bad, I'd been using them on my Forte & have no complain.  :thumbsup:

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »
You can try out Goodyear's EfficientGrip. I had them on my Civic before; very quiet tyre, with good tread life, for normal driving. Handles well to good in the wet as well. The only problem is that not many tyre shops stock this; your best bet would be to call Goodyear Malaysia and enquire to see which ones you should visit (should you consider to buy them).

Good luck.

Offline ainamafan

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »
i have same issue as well. i am using Falken tyres currently. they are working well & the price is affordable. but you know sometimes i not sure what happened to them, they will have some noise especially in long distance driving, and also a lil bit bumpy when drive in highway.. ><

Offline kooimin87

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 10:45:59 AM »
well...if you think you really need a very good tyre...is better to ask someone more professional from workshop..instead of guessing here and there ..am i right? leave it to expertise to advise you

Offline chenht

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »
Get run flat tyres. They are very safe.
16710, 116710TT, 116610LV, PAM00312,  Santos & Tank

Offline tuliperfancy

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »
well...if you think you really need a very good tyre...is better to ask someone more professional from workshop..instead of guessing here and there ..am i right? leave it to expertise to advise you

not really la...sure need to do research first one..
I will recommend Michelin Primacy 3 ST...which got FlexMax Technology which allowed the tread adapts to the irregularities of the road surface for better grip.Also Comfort level is very good which give you best drive handling...try to see this
http://www.michelin.com.my/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/size.html?summer=Primacy%203%20ST

Offline cspoh001

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »
Have tried the following tyre on my 2rides. Below are some of my feed backs to share .

215/45/17

Falken azenis- a very good performance tyre with lot of grid and good in handling especially for cornering. You have to sacrifice some comfort and noise level. But it won't last you long and the quality issue is poor or may be because of the hot climate here in Malaysia.

Michellin PP2- good all rounder and I like it very much especially in rainy days. Good confident in dry and wet condition. Life span is quite ok and my previous one last abt 40000 km.

Nexen 8000 - good value for money tyre which the performance quite close to PP2. The down side is only road noise and comfort. If you don't mind about the brand. Noise level is the same from day one. This is one of the best budget tyre.

Goodyear asymmetric 2- this is the top rated tyre that don't impressed me at all. This is highly rated in the uk tyre review site but really disappointed as the tyre has nothing much to say. Wet and dry performance just so so. At first it was quiet but the noise level increased after more than 5000km drive.

225/45/18
Since it was only one and a half year old. Only changed the tyre once.

Michellin ps3- noise level is perfect as you imagine that the tyre shop pump it @265 psi and I don't feel bumpy nor noisy at all. Just realized after a month of driving when checking the tyre pressure. Wet and dry performance is good and on par with pp2. Only a bit bumpy comparing to pp2 may be due to bigger size and higher pressure. Life span not too sure cos only used for 3000km. The shop in usj is selling quite good price which is introduced by a forum member and sorry cant recall his name. But it's really a good deal. Thank you very much.

After comparing all these tyres. My first choice will be PS3 or PP2. But PP2 is replaced by ps 3. May be will try toyo proxes c1s or T1s in future.

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 08:18:12 AM »
Good durable and cheap tyers for a salesperson would be the GT HPY.
Its durable and cheap.

Offline Won Bin

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:29:45 AM »
I am a salesman too, need oftern drive around west malaysia.

I would recommend to you like continental or yohokama tyre.

Price will be high abit....but long drive more secure and safe.
Dream list
-Rolex 6694 Full Set

Offline garseng

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 06:02:04 AM »
I am a salesman too, need oftern drive around west malaysia.

I would recommend to you like continental or yohokama tyre.

Price will be high abit....but long drive more secure and safe.

go for CONTINENTAL CSC5..very good~!

Offline Spider boy

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 12:35:12 PM »
I work as salesman..seriously need a pretty good tyre because I travel from north to south quite often. Not to say my current tyre is no good is just I wanted a better one. Current is using Silverstone M5 17" inch rim for my Honda Civic.Any expert can advise me as which tyre in market now can last more longer and grip better?

For a 4x4, i know BF goodrich is one of the best in term of long lasting thread but i am not sure if they do it for sedan, no harm in checking them out. I am not currently running them on my hilux pick up truck    ;D  , ok i know might be abit side tracked .. 8) but who knows they do for smaller car!

Offline watch8683

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 11:10:30 AM »
I prefer Michelin with no rotation but the price is quiet expensive

Offline el118

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »
Get run flat tyres. They are very safe.

I understand if the car rim design is originally not for run flat, subsequent mounting of run flat would not serve the fun flat function properly.

Offline Dc

• Merchants
    • Watch And Ward Gallery
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 05:00:42 PM »
Perhaps you can try TOYO brand, comfy and water run very good....  Go to the industry site beside sunway, can get a cheaper and reasonable new tyre there.

Offline vobs

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 08:44:02 AM »
Toyo t1r is cheap good and comfy

Offline gnoy26

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 03:11:17 PM »
continental MC5 for affordability

michelin pilot sport 3 for an overall package

Offline Dinono

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 09:53:39 PM »
Falken also is really good and affordable I believe.

If you looking to save money Hankook is the choice.

Offline Jefferyngohcs

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 11:35:27 PM »
Go for Bridgestone firestorm.....new design...not bad

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 05:19:39 PM »
Just wanted to share my experience with tires. I got Goodyear Efficient Grip SUV tires for my Ford Escape and was very happy with the grip and low noise. Unfortunately, the tread wore out pretty fast at around 40,000km in 1 1/2 years of use. I do not drive aggressively.
When I replaced all 4 tires, I opted for MICHELIN Latitude Cross which received good reviews and best part is the 5 yr warrantee on manufacturing defects. It is also quiet and I'm hoping for at least 60,000km or 3-4 years of use for the $2,000+ spent!

Offline watchkeeper

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 10:42:18 PM »
Good grip with good mileage with good price dont seem to be possible.

Offline opp61

• Newbie to this forum
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 08:18:15 AM »
Buddy,

Falken have a wide array of good and affordable tyres.

What you do don't get the ATS Sport tyres.They look good but just don't work in the wet.

Offline Jaymie360

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 07:39:18 AM »
Michelin pilot sport is awesome.

Offline FloydKaqo

Salesman need good tyre help
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 12:31:56 AM »
Yep. Seems like it goes S-10 with the 4.3 then Ranger with the 4.0 Doesnt really surprise me.
No argument here, I like the S-10s

Good luck with your search
Time-tested robot trading software for profitable business