Author Topic: what is on your wrist today?  (Read 2944249 times)

Offline STT1987

Re: what is on your wrist today?
« Reply #5725 on: September 19, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »
My new PAM320M. Just got it from Hong Kong. On a Ted Su black big Hornback strap. As you can see, taken a few minutes ago. Angle is bad trying to avoid reflection from the lights, picture taken from an iPhone (you can see my reflection). Ignore fingerprints on the bezel... ;D

BTW, you must bargain hard in HK. Watch shops everywhere so finding the model you want is not a problem. Just getting the price you want that is cheaper back home - remember to check the exchange rate if you are using credit card. Credit card exchange rate is horrible.  :HammerHead:
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #5726 on: September 19, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »
thanks hanz.... u pulled the trigger on the Blancpain FF at 1Borneo yet?

Abt the canvas insert on the leather strap... honestly, I didn't notice it but now that u mention it, I had a very close look....on 1 of the edges, the felt to the leather does show a little teeny gap where I think its how they glue it on but apart from that it looks ok..its not peeling off but rather there is a little gap esp when the watch is worn as it stretches in a curve over the wrist..

anyway this is meant to be a tool watch...and doesn't bother me.. however, I'm anal abt details on the watch proper itself and so far under the loupe there are no flaws that I can pick up....

I did comment b4 on JLC NSA thread that the best strap for this watch is the rubberised bracelet but it just costs too damn much over this leather... RM 6,500 extra nett.....

Go for the bracelet combo if you like this watch.... I may be regretting not taking that bracelet over this leather strap...
Thanks for the reply.
Nope i did not pull the trigger on the BP FF... just too big for me and out of my league anyway.
Waiting if or ever MKII will release the Tornek Rayville... That's about as close as I can get to a FF...  ;D
As for the JLC Navy seals... too big for me too... but I do have my sights on the Reverso Squadra... maybe when my wallet allows it...  :Cheers:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Gabriel

• Freshie
« Reply #5727 on: September 19, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »
Just got the battery replaced this afternoon, with a new strap, my old skool watch.  :Dancing_banana:

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #5728 on: September 19, 2012, 11:47:33 AM »
wearing this today....

Wow Joseph, GREAT PIECE.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I did not notice this one earlier, you just bought it or have you been keeping it close to yourself all these months? And I thought you seid when we met the last time that you preferred the JLC Polaris? Too irresistable ehh???  ;) ;) ;)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5729 on: September 19, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »
Loo,
I only log in to MWF ocassionally and can be away from it for weeks and I guess you are as well...
I got this NSA a few months ago and posted it as the latest acquisition under my "Help...severe W.A.S. syndrome" which incidentally, you had already commented on....:)

The GO PML and GS Hi-Beat came after that...and was also posted up under the ongoing "What's On Your Wrist" thread...

JLC Polaris is not available new anymore and anyway I think the price when new is totally ridiculous > RM 40K.....for a non-complication, no-date dive watch.... JLC is over milking this vintage re-issue overboard..
This modern NSA version is in brushed titanium T5 with a shot peened ceramic bezel c/w a new improved suspended gong alarm movt which actually rings instead of chirps....what's not to like besides being more value for money....
(The Limited and NS link holds no value to me though and I'd rather it be available in non Limited and without the NS link if it could be cheaper...)

IF a Polaris is available pre-owned at a reasonable price I'd go for it.... a BIG IF.....& REASONABLE
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:24:55 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #5730 on: September 19, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »
Just got the battery replaced this afternoon, with a new strap, my old skool watch.  :Dancing_banana:

evil yet cool watch~!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline Gabriel

• Freshie
« Reply #5731 on: September 20, 2012, 06:53:32 AM »

evil yet cool watch~!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Any angel watch around?  :Praying: lol

Offline Gabriel

• Freshie
« Reply #5732 on: September 20, 2012, 07:02:00 AM »
My 1st mechanical watch, Orient Star Open Heart, it's my daily dress watch. I wish 1 day I can save enough money to follow all the sifu here getting IWC, Panerai & Patek Philippe for my next generation, pray hard & work hard now  :Praying:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #5733 on: September 20, 2012, 07:12:27 AM »
My 1st mechanical watch, Orient Star Open Heart, it's my daily dress watch. I wish 1 day I can save enough money to follow all the sifu here getting IWC, Panerai & Patek Philippe for my next generation, pray hard & work hard now  :Praying:

Nice Orient and nice Honda Civic...  :Cheers:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Vintimes

« Reply #5734 on: September 20, 2012, 07:18:10 AM »

Nice looking Orient, before you realize, you will be wearing one of those brand on your wrist soon! Good Luck!

Offline zircon

• Freshie
« Reply #5735 on: September 20, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »

haha Nice one! rarely see a swatch here  ;)

Offline sshark

« Reply #5736 on: September 20, 2012, 09:39:18 AM »
Perfect :)

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #5737 on: September 20, 2012, 09:59:27 AM »
on PAM today....

Jacky Wong

Offline kwh74

« Reply #5738 on: September 20, 2012, 10:18:19 AM »
Hi,

A vintage Citizen Watch with a honey comb dial, that is rather rare and excellent condition.

Offline Gabriel

• Freshie
« Reply #5739 on: September 20, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
Nice Orient and nice Honda Civic...  :Cheers:
Thanks for the compliment  :Cheers:

Nice looking Orient, before you realize, you will be wearing one of those brand on your wrist soon! Good Luck!
Hope the dream come true one day  ;D

haha Nice one! rarely see a swatch here  ;)
Haha, may be swatch is too cheap to be list out here  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline zameenzahari

« Reply #5740 on: September 20, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »
Back to Base..390 on hornback...

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5741 on: September 21, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »
Yesterday on JLC NS Diving Alarm in brushed titanium T5 with shot peened ceramic bezel and suspended gong alarm...

Then in the evening, I got a call from JLC Boutique Starhill that my JLC Reverso Grande GMT is finally back after 5..... yes 5 months  :o at MJLC Le Sentier for its scheduled service.
Watch was sent in April but there was a 1 month summer break for Europe, according to the certificate that came back with the watch, the service was completed in August but underwent the 1000 Hour test before being shipped back...

The work done...excellent.. ;D  the watch... looks absolutely BRAND NEW with a 1 year factory guarantee....yahoooo :Dancing_banana:

I was told by JLC Boutique that all the 3 previous 8-day Reversos models are no longer in production. The only 8-day movements are now in Master Control range only, so I was advised to keep the Grande GMT as prices are supposed to go up.

Its JLC week....  :Cheers:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:26:02 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline JPSP

« Reply #5742 on: September 21, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #5743 on: September 21, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »
A simple watch..

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5744 on: September 21, 2012, 03:06:19 PM »

Offline dcpillai

« Reply #5745 on: September 24, 2012, 04:53:17 PM »
My favourite watch. ....

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #5746 on: September 24, 2012, 05:03:37 PM »
Cool watch  :thumbsup: any source you sync your moon phase to? Would love to get a moon phase for my collection
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline dcpillai

« Reply #5747 on: September 24, 2012, 08:39:05 PM »
Cool watch  :thumbsup: any source you sync your moon phase to? Would love to get a moon phase for my collection

Thanks Terenceterrence!

Have you seen the Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Grande Date with a moon phase integrated with a sun and moon indicator? Truly cooool watch.  Might even be a candidate for your collection    ;D

FYI, the site I use to sync my moon phase with is http://www.calculatorcat.com/moon_phases/phasenow.php.

Cheers mate  :Cheers:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #5748 on: September 24, 2012, 08:55:51 PM »
I prefer the older EP Chronomaster

The newer Zeniths are too big for my wrist
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #5749 on: September 24, 2012, 09:06:47 PM »
I prefer the older EP Chronomaster

The newer Zeniths are too big for my wrist

Hi, Terrence, yes they come in bigger diameters these days, but if I am not wrong there are still some models which come in the more conservative 40mm like the zenith EP 1/10 and the zenith class open EP and the Elite Captain (which has a moonphase variant). Price wise they are still rather competitive the last time I checked.