Author Topic: what is on your wrist today?  (Read 2947657 times)

Offline kiamat

Re: what is on your wrist today?
« Reply #7375 on: May 11, 2013, 05:09:45 AM »
Danny niceee... when you decide to let this go please let me know.

Woon,

I was informed you got a new sub-date ceramic. Post some nice pics please.

thanks Loo... my photography sucks! Ha ha just take a look at those watches I sold and selling... the pics are just awful  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

by the way, did our forum just turn into online pharmacy?  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline kiamat

« Reply #7376 on: May 11, 2013, 05:12:24 AM »
Danny niceee... when you decide to let this go please let me know.

Woon,

I was informed you got a new sub-date ceramic. Post some nice pics please.
And Daytona too  ;D

haha gs is next

Offline sm

« Reply #7377 on: May 11, 2013, 09:19:14 AM »

AP 15300
Special thanks to donald.
A word of thanks to hanz.

Offline ewch

« Reply #7378 on: May 11, 2013, 09:30:15 AM »
Chilling out with Exp II.

Casio G-Shock GPW-1000-1BJF; Seiko Monster SRP313J1; Seiko Astron SBXA033; Rolex Explorer II 216570; Defakto Eins - White; Panerai PAM 000M; Stowa Marine Original Serial; Tissot T-Touch Expert Titanium T013.420.47.202.00; IWC Fliegerchronograph 3717; Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer 2220.80.00; Tag Heuer Professional 3000 Series Quartz

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #7379 on: May 11, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »
On this one today, Rolex 50th Anniversary Submariner 16610LV:

:Cheers:

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #7380 on: May 11, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »
Old hunk of metal

Offline Joashes

« Reply #7381 on: May 11, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »

The crown etching on glass too obvious and also the chapter ring wording slightly smaller and etching too light.

from far it looks like genuine.

You guys are good... Notice why i didn't write anything with the picture? Anyway i told my friend (who burned his wallet buying this piece) that it was a replica but he chose not to believe me. Apparently this piece came with "papers" he said so i didnt want to dissappoint him further.
Earlier in the week, the same friend had the shock of his life when he sent his omega planet ocean for a service only to find that it too was a replica. He had bought that 3 years ago at the omega boutique. Slightly over 2 years ago it had some repairs done to it at the omega service centre in goldhill for a loose crown. He had the papers to prove it (the repairs). He indicated that he got the watch back 3 days later!!! Could it be that it was "switched"?

Offline sshark

« Reply #7382 on: May 11, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »
That were pretty sad cases where both owners duped into believing they were real. I hope the owners get to the bottom of them. at least, find out where "went wrong"

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7383 on: May 11, 2013, 02:07:43 PM »
If its really true, its truly scary to know that a watch sent to the AD can be switched and that a watch bought at the boutique can be a fake. :( :o :-[ :shocked1:

I've sent my JLCs, Omegas, GOs in for service/adjustments before. Now I wonder if any of them were switched... :-\ :'( :Praying:

I wonder why your friend didn't consider filing a police report to commercial crime.. :police:
I would, if it happened to me... :Scolding: :Mad:

It'll be great if others who have experienced this share their experiences for everyone's good... :thumbsup:
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline Gabriel

• Freshie
« Reply #7384 on: May 11, 2013, 02:46:02 PM »
With Laco Pilot for this weekend  :D

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:48:45 PM by Gabriel »

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7385 on: May 11, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, L is for Luminova (non-radioactive) and T for the older tritium which being radioactive changes color or to put it romantically, gains patina as it breaks down..

Ah, a beauty! Wonder what does the L or T that precedes and succeeds Swiss Made means?  ???
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:42:29 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #7386 on: May 11, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »

AP 15300

Congratz on the acquisition... Wear it in good health!!
I am surprised Donald did not snap that up before you... lol
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #7387 on: May 11, 2013, 05:38:31 PM »

The crown etching on glass too obvious and also the chapter ring wording slightly smaller and etching too light.

You guys are good... Notice why i didn't write anything with the picture? Anyway i told my friend (who burned his wallet buying this piece) that it was a replica but he chose not to believe me. Apparently this piece came with "papers" he said so i didnt want to dissappoint him further.
Earlier in the week, the same friend had the shock of his life when he sent his omega planet ocean for a service only to find that it too was a replica. He had bought that 3 years ago at the omega boutique. Slightly over 2 years ago it had some repairs done to it at the omega service centre in goldhill for a loose crown. He had the papers to prove it (the repairs). He indicated that he got the watch back 3 days later!!! Could it be that it was "switched"?

I doubt authorized service centres are that ballsy to "switch" a piece from genuine to replica.
Even if they dare, your friend should be able to tell his watch from another right?
Replicas are just that, replicas... From a picture, it might fool some ppl, once held on the hand, all tells will surface.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline davidtth

« Reply #7388 on: May 11, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #7389 on: May 11, 2013, 08:08:05 PM »
Ah, a beauty! Wonder what does the L or T that precedes and succeeds Swiss Made means?  ???

http://www.fhs.ch/en/faq.php

In this case, L indicates that the watch utilises luminescent material. T indicates that it uses Tritium to activate it's glow.

Hi STT, JOS,

Thanks for the info. Would neva have guessed it refers to the lums. I realised the T is only seen in older dials. Patina is cool!

:Cheers:
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline Joashes

« Reply #7390 on: May 12, 2013, 01:26:22 AM »

I doubt authorized service centres are that ballsy to "switch" a piece from genuine to replica.
Even if they dare, your friend should be able to tell his watch from another right?
Replicas are just that, replicas... From a picture, it might fool some ppl, once held on the hand, all tells will surface.

Point taken but can you believe that repairs to the loose crown would take only three days?

I could tell immediately that the Rolex was a replica just by looking at it. But i guess some people just cant accept reality.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7391 on: May 12, 2013, 07:45:35 AM »

Point taken but can you believe that repairs to the loose crown would take only three days?

I could tell immediately that the Rolex was a replica just by looking at it. But i guess some people just cant accept reality.

Why would it be difficult to accept or believe that a loose crown repair can be done in three days?

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7392 on: May 12, 2013, 09:00:40 AM »
Snap this photo while waiting for my roti canai brunch..

Offline takashi78

« Reply #7393 on: May 12, 2013, 09:08:22 AM »
All the Daytona coming out to play lately haha

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #7394 on: May 12, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »

The pic and the stories that followed are all very entertaining but our MWF mods need to decide if the posting of this pic was against MWF Rule 9.... :police:

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #7395 on: May 12, 2013, 10:19:48 AM »

A pic of my companion for the next 11 days. Waiting for my flight at KLIA... ;D

Offline Joashes

« Reply #7396 on: May 12, 2013, 10:26:30 AM »

Why would it be difficult to accept or believe that a loose crown repair can be done in three days?

I meant that my friend couldnt accept that it was in fact a fake, not that a loose crown repair would take 3 days. I myself doubt that any watch service centre works that quickly. Sending in my Revue Thommen XL Airspeed for a service takes 2.5 months...

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7397 on: May 12, 2013, 10:35:40 AM »
Have ignored this German-Japanese JV for some time until a friend asked me why I haven't been wearing this watch..

Erhard Junghans Aerious with the re-worked excellent Seiko 6S37 column wheel/3 hammer reset chronograph calibre

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #7398 on: May 12, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »
Loo, PM have already sent to the original poster of the picture.
Will let the picture stay for now (unless more senior mods see it as inappropriate) as it could provide a reference for replica checks.
I do agree that the stories that followed are kinda entertaining.
Thing like these always happened to friends or friends of friends...

The pic and the stories that followed are all very entertaining but our MWF mods need to decide if the posting of this pic was against MWF Rule 9.... :police:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #7399 on: May 12, 2013, 09:10:13 PM »

AP 15300

Congratz on the acquisition... Wear it in good health!!
I am surprised Donald did not snap that up before you... lol

Ahh... finally it's on the wrist. It was a really close call Hanz..