Author Topic: Our Malaysia leaders favourite watch???  (Read 157403 times)

Offline kevlee

Re: Our Malaysia leaders favourite watch???
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2013, 08:32:46 PM »
Anyone have any idea what watch is Mr Lim Guan Eng wearing?

btw, saw him for the first time yesterday...

I would like to know as well, what is on the Penang Chief Minister wrist??? Anyone could share?? Maybe just Casio, Seiko or Citizen.....

Offline Bestwatch

• Freshie
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »
AP watch.. as my survey. Mostly, I think Rolex watch.

Offline kevlee

« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »
Compare those on Obama wrist, our Malaysian minister is far richer.............. :mooning:.. :Confused:

Offline kevlee

« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2013, 09:12:49 AM »

Offline rusminag

« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2013, 10:19:10 AM »
Anyone here close with LGE? Just ask him lah....
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline kevlee

« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »

Ha! Ha! Anyone???

Offline rusminag

« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2013, 11:12:51 AM »
The powerless minister:

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2013, 11:22:27 AM »
The powerless minister:

Powerless illegal (because not sworn in earlier as a Dewan Negara Senator) minister wearing what looks like a TT Rolex datejust. This guy should pay a visit to Najib, Zahid and Hisham to overhaul his taste.

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »

Ha! Ha! Anyone???

A large part of politics is about image, what you want others to see and believe. For LGE, if you ask him he will tell you he is wearing a cheap chaep watch (to be consistent with his clean and frugal image) even though he may have a (who knows????) VC Patrimony or PP annual calendar stashed under Betty's pillow.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
I am sure PAP politicans have some really impressive collections then.

But what does it say about our politicans and their inner circle about their blatant showing of their opulent wealth?

Ha! Ha! Anyone???

A large part of politics is about image, what you want others to see and believe. For LGE, if you ask him he will tell you he is wearing a cheap chaep watch (to be consistent with his clean and frugal image) even though he may have a (who knows????) VC Patrimony or PP annual calendar stashed under Betty's pillow.
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2013, 11:58:53 AM »
But what does it say about our politicans and their inner circle about their blatant showing of their opulent wealth?

IMHO, the expensive watches which some of our politicians don tell you a lot about the politicians themselves as well as their support base and the people whom they want to attract. In the former case, the wearing of these RM100K+++ watches tells you that these politicians believe that wealth is political power or inversely, political power comes with wealth. In the latter case, these watches serve as beacons to attract a support base who believe that they too can enjoy such luxury if they support these politicians.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »
much like MLMs, prop agents and etc...then

:laugh:

IMHO, the expensive watches which some of our politicians don tell you a lot about the politicians themselves as well as their support base and the people whom they want to attract. In the former case, the wearing of these RM100K+++ watches tells you that these politicians believe that wealth is political power or inversely, political power comes with wealth. In the latter case, these watches serve as beacons to attract a support base who believe that they too can enjoy such luxury if they support these politicians.
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline dpkong

« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »

Or those might just be AAA grade fakes for all we know...

Offline kevlee

« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2013, 01:00:30 PM »

Ha! Ha! Anyone???

Ya....Who know??? He may own one......At least he know where to keep it, or only wear it during sleep (to maintain his clean image). But from the picture, could anyone tell what is the watch model???...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:04:44 PM by kevlee »

Offline kevlee

« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »

Offline Pajero

• Freshie
« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2013, 05:14:55 PM »
I am fine if Malaysian leaders wear respectable watches that are consistent with their salaries.

Offline chenht

« Reply #191 on: June 02, 2013, 09:19:16 PM »
I am fine if Malaysian leaders wear respectable watches that are consistent with their salaries.

You will be very disappointed.
16710, 116710TT, 116610LV, PAM00312,  Santos & Tank

Offline rusminag

« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2013, 06:19:04 AM »

Or those might just be AAA grade fakes for all we know...

Fakes?? Even worst... Fake watches for Fake Leaders...

Offline kevlee

« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2013, 08:25:37 AM »

Hardly you could find........Hublot, PP.....for a minister......do you think is consistent with their salaries??? HE or She may tell you, I bought it with my years of saving.......OR "Don't you think I could have saving with my hard earning salaries!"...

Offline rusminag

« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2013, 09:13:57 AM »
Richard Mille with 12 months easy payment plan. 10K per month only...

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »
why nobody pay attention to our beloved Penang CM watch?

by the way, what's he wearing?

Offline chenht

« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2013, 11:40:41 AM »

I think it was the same watch HE Lim Kit Siang bought him for his 21st birthday. Thriftyness is in his blood and that is why he manages Penang so well.

To be very honest, I really do not think some of the extremely high end watches our leaders wear are in line with their salary :mooning: Do you think our ministers could really afford exotic RM, PP and the likes from their ministers' salary with a family to feed? The answer is pretty obvious. I admire their guts as they don't even attempt to hide their watches from the public :Startled:

:Dancing_banana:
16710, 116710TT, 116610LV, PAM00312,  Santos & Tank

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:06 AM »
I bet Starhill is their favorite shopping place

Offline kevlee

« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2013, 02:26:43 PM »

I think the watch is less famous or cheaper brand which most of us not alert of.......I guess is "Santa Babara Polo", selling like cheap carps in JusXX.......... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline gapnap

« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »
IMHO it is not fair to judge a minister's salary vs his wrist watch .

Many of these ministers are from rich families . Some of their wealth are passed down .
Their family background has connections to AD or brand owners from overseas and stuff.
I don't think many of them pay retail price like many of us do too.