Author Topic: Wearing watches on both hands?  (Read 4188 times)

Offline dpkong

Wearing watches on both hands?
« on: December 16, 2020, 06:42:10 PM »

In this era of the smartwatch which does everything from telling time, alarm functions and giving notifications to monitoring health. Would you wear a smartwatch or band on one hand and a timepiece on the other?

What do you think of people who do that?

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
Re: Wearing watches on both hands?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 07:38:04 PM »
I used to scoff at people like that, but ended up being one myself. Hey man, gotta hit those step counts, yet not render mechanical watches obsolete.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 08:45:46 PM »
Personally, I had that conflict too when I had my smart watch, but reverted back to mechanical watch most of the time, and only use my smart watch for walks/jogs and golf.

Wearing 2 is only going to make me more clumsy! That’s just me tho

Offline faizall

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 04:21:12 AM »
There's a smart "tag" (not consider as watch since the device only counts the heartbeat, steps etc) just only for fitness and doesn't looks like a watch more like a bangles. I think this one is more appropriate to be wear together with the watch.

I've met someone previously wear the mechanical watch in both hands. He justify that he don't want to lost track on his hometown time. I've no comment on this.   :shocked1:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 05:00:01 AM »
I personally do not wear smartwatches and I do not have the urge to buy one so far since its inception. When I do see others wearing two timepieces, somehow i always think that wearing two devices is born out of a need and didn't give further thought than that.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 06:59:54 AM »
Some ppl do, some ppl don't. I don't.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 06:32:45 AM »
wearing watches on both hands spokesman = Maradona  :Blue:

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 09:08:36 PM »
I had the same dilemma before , that time i received a free smartwatch from bank. And i also tried to wear both together once, and it feels weird and stupid, never put two watch together on my both hands since then. Haha

Offline dpkong

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 08:20:06 AM »
I had the same dilemma before , that time i received a free smartwatch from bank. And i also tried to wear both together once, and it feels weird and stupid, never put two watch together on my both hands since then. Haha

Would it also feel weird or stupid if you had a watch on one hand and a 100g gold bracelet on the other?

Offline Gentlemen101

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 08:28:53 AM »
I think it’s fine. One wrists computer and another is watch

Many plp buy smartwatch for health purpose only.., it’s very annoying when your smartwatch keep notifying u...

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 09:22:45 AM »

Would it also feel weird or stupid if you had a watch on one hand and a 100g gold bracelet on the other?

Thats another story, i feel good that way. I wore Cartier bangle on the other hand.
But not another timepieces on the other hand, the feel just not right~

Offline dspayre616

• dspayrelovewatch
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 03:44:49 PM »
I personally believe that when comes to wearing two watches (aka schwarzkopf), it could boil down to

1. Practical reason - monitoring two or three diff time zone or atmospheric pressure or heart rate or something
2. Flex - You have two wrist, why not have two watches?
3. Sentimental reason - Lucky watch or a watch that was given by a special someone...

However, for me, I am neither in those three category, so I will stick to one watch only.  :)