Author Topic: Long runner daily 5km or weekly 25-35km  (Read 7789 times)

Offline istick99

• Freshie
Long runner daily 5km or weekly 25-35km
« on: April 15, 2018, 12:02:59 PM »
Anyone runner here.
Fun runner, joy runner, serious runner and marathon runner.
Just share where is the best place to run or practice.

Offline istick99

• Freshie
Re: Long runner daily 5km or weekly 25-35km
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 12:06:10 PM »
Anyone runner here.
Fun runner, joy runner, serious runner and marathon runner.
Just share where is the best place to run or practice.

Most simple exercise and sport activity. Required a pair of running shoe. Anytime anywhere no partner required. Guys how do you think?

Offline sclai5675

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 09:56:38 PM »
Nowadays the weather is so hot, it'll be either early morning or night time would be good for running. I usually run around my housing area for 5km.

Offline ebayer

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 02:46:10 PM »
There are many places to run, depending on where you stay.

KLCC park, Lake Gardens, Titiwangsa Park and Desa Park City are a few of the places I have run.

Offline gunsnroses

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 01:56:31 PM »
I normally run around my housing area, 5km every 2 days, weekend on Saturday do a longer one around 7km at FRIM. Sunday is rest day. If rainy weather, also rest day.

Desa Parkcity is a good place to run and I bring my dog sometimes to run together. Many routes can be explored here and it is quite safe.

Running in itself is great exercise for your heart especially but for weight burning, there needs to be intervals, occasionally try hiking, trail running or other more explosive exercises which helps increase stamina and fat burning.

However, running has it's dangers also. I have been bitten by stray dogs and cars are also very dangerous. Wear not only proper shoes but have proper safety gear (ie reflective or bright clothing and pepper spray). Always be aware of your surroundings when you run and do not take risks.

If anyone interested to start a running group, do count me in.

Offline WHEELQ

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:21:06 AM »
I used to run around Hartamas/Solaris/Duta area when i were training for my 1st marathon.  the area is bit hilly and make it a very good training ground. on my usual 18-20km run, i clocked ascend/descend of at least 200m  vs the full Stan Chart 42km route that clock ascend/descend of 240m.

now that i stay in desa Parkcity, my run is only on flat ground. there is a small hill climbs to the water reservoir and some stairs on the park for hill climbs training. used to do that for a 21km trail run training.