Author Topic: Jam Raya...heheheheh  (Read 18245 times)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
Jam Raya...heheheheh
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:00:15 AM »
hehehe...
got myself a new one...nothing fancy...but something i like....
The Casio Edifice

Actually the watch has just arrived about 10 min ago, so i wont write any review just quite yet...ought to get myself familiar with it first....
Specification as followed

100M Water Resistant
Perfect for swimming and snorkeling

Regular timekeeping
Analog:
3 hands (hour, minutes and seconds),
3 dials (timekeeping 24-hour, timekeeping second / stopwatch / 1/20 second, stopwatch minutes)

1/20-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 59'59.95"
Measuring mode: Elapsed time

Date display

Stainless Steel Case

Solid Band

Mineral Glass
Hard glass resist scratching

Spherical Glass
The surface of the glass is rounded

Double-lock, 1-press, 3-fold buckle

Screw Lock Crown
The crown screws into the case to ensure water resistance

Screw Lock Back

Accuracy: ±20 seconds per month

Size of case
52.0 X 47.8 X 13.7 mm

Total weight
180 g

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: Jam Raya...heheheheh
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:37:15 PM »
Hi mnazri.tan,
Wah, jam tangan baru untuk Hari Raya. Congrats. Looks great on your wrist.
 :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:39:08 PM »
Selamat hari raya
selamat menyambut raya dgn jam baru
harap awak boleh beli dua jam tahun depan
3 jam tahun selepas tahun depan

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 12:39:43 PM »
Congrats Mnazri ;)

Do remember to remove the tag before wearing it on raya ha ;)

Enjoy!!

scott

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »
Nice watch. Congrats and wear it with good health. Selamat Hari Raya.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »
Err Chris..i bought like 4 watches this month...
This one Casio , 2 G-shock and one used G-Shock
that is more than the quota right...erkkk...stop me please...i am sick

Selamat hari raya

Offline takashi78

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 02:46:16 PM »
Always good to see a new watch on festive season, we always like to give ourself some reason to buy new watch hehe.

Offline SHL

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »

Selamat hari raya

mnazri.tan u r no sick.. u just are crazy with watch.. i sure all member here also r crazy with watch..
for me, just bought 3 watch this year... ie. ingersoll - chippewa , Oris Big crown limited edition and ML - less Classix

How many watch u bought this year? ;)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 08:57:55 PM »

this sickness no cure.... if u stop u will die.... so pls dont try to cure this... its dangerous

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »
Looks like the MWF virus is running rampant. It's nothing short of a pandemic.  :thumbsup:

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
congrats, do share u jam raya and jam virus with u relatives and friends :thumbsup:

Offline SHL

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »
i just addicted by ramnazri.tan!!!!! this is mines jam raya, just get it yesterday during shopping with family...... ;)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 08:22:21 AM »
awesome......

Yes no cure...this is the worst year....this year alone..7 watches to date....
dangerous right...

Offline adrian

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 03:26:07 PM »
awesome......

Yes no cure...this is the worst year....this year alone..7 watches to date....
dangerous right...

U still got hope.

For me, this year todate, about 30 watches, 1 watch box, 12 straps and a host of watch tools.

Selamat Hari Raya!

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 06:55:54 PM »
some pic...review coming on next post

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »

Typical problem we face during Hari Raya would be time management, the need to visit all blood related of your life within short period of time make the need to manage your time carefully arise. In my case, normally we would set limit of how long we would stay at one place. Hence the need for a brand new good watch that is not only accurate, but look nice with my set of baju melayu. (OMG !!! this is the lame -est excuse I have ever come up with to justify my new possession)

Hence…. In the spirit of Aidilfitri, I gave myself a Raya Gift…nothing fancy, nothing too expensive…something common, very useful, easy to find, strong build, robust, good looking and endorsed by none others than the odd german and aussies couple -  The Calamity Sebastian Vettel and the The Outspoken Mark Webber…This my dear friend  is the Casio Edifice EF-543D-1AV.

Yes, this is not an automatic watch, not an extreme diver watch that could accompany me 300m down below to the sea floor, not an aviator style watches , not a tough watch like G-Shock…not a swiss either…So why bother? Would this be collectible? Maybe not….so??????????

Sorry to mention this,but in my blog (top right corner) I have specify that I would write review on selected watch that I have interest with, in which some of you may think that...ah..no...nothing special about this one , but to me (specifically me) i have interest on this watch for whatever reason i have in mind...in which same principle applied. For me, I don’t limit myself to any genre of watch, any value, any brand or any price…A good watch is a good watch.

Now Casio being Casio, they produce for the masses, hence they kept the selling price reasonably low…But being Japanese, despite selling at “reasonable” price, they couldn’t allow themselves being humiliated by producing a bad quality product. They aren’t Chinese, they aren’t Korean, the aren’t Indian…Let us be frank, you can buy product from those country with peanut, and surely you get monkey

The concepts of Casio Edifice watches are slightly different from the G-Shock series. For Edifice, the focus on building a chronograph that has for years evolved in pursuit of speed. Couple that with dynamic metal body with intricate texture and striking face design that promote superior visibility. For Casio, they want to create a brand that being associated with bold styling that will bring impact on the style of the wearer. In other word, EDIFICE , would be for smart man, who value moment….

To show the world that despite their reasonable price, they have high technology in watch making, in which directly translated on the product, no other better way for them than being the official partner, of Red Bull Racing, one of the strongest F1 team in the past 3 years, and who manage to do that without the backing up of car manufacturer or being a car manufacturer themselves. RBR thus far has manage to beat the hell up of the like of Renault, Mercedez, and McLaren…

In February 3rd , 2010 in Tokyo,  Casio Computer Co., Ltd., announced  that it has renewed its contract with the Red Bull Racing Formula One Team to continue serving as a Red Bull Racing Team Partner for the 2010 season. While providing strong support for the team, Casio will make the most of the official partnership to actively promote the company’s Edifice line of analog metal watches for men.

Red Bull Racing entered the world of Formula One in 2005 and became a serious Championship contender in just five years. In 2009, the team had its strongest ever season, gaining six wins, 16 podiums and four one-two finishes. It ended the year by taking second place in the Formula One Constructors’ Championship — an achievement that demonstrates the remarkable growth and ability of Red Bull Racing.Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel will continue as team drivers for the 2010 season. Webber has built a solid reputation and is looking to gain more victories, while Vettel continues to grab headlines as the youngest man ever to set numerous Formula One records. This year he will look to improve on his second place finish in the 2009 Drivers’ Championship. The two drivers will take part in all 19 Formula One races this year

Delivering the essence of speed and intelligence, the Edifice line of analog metal watches evokes a sense of velocity and motor sports energy with the movement of the hands and distinctive watchface. Since first released, Edifice watches have been especially popular with motor sports fans, thanks to their rich stopwatch functions and standout face designs, all based on the electronic technologies developed by Casio

Ok, that is pretty much too much of an introduction….sorry. Now back to the watch. I bought the watch online at quite a good price. I have been watching this watch with much interest for quite a while, however on the week of purchase, I am also considering either an Invicta 6250 Reserve Collection that look so stunning, the Citizen Eco-Drive Proffesional Diver 300m with stunning ability and this model. On paper, and reputation wise, I think the Citizen won by miles….whilst the Invicta look far more stunning…price wise more less the same (prior discount obviously)

But I make the decision to purchase the Casio base on
•   I get quite a good price, and the extra money from the price different could be useful during this raya season
•   For long, I want a watch that being associated with formula 1, as other than watch, I am a die hard fan of  formula 1. Every single day, I spend my night reading news on watches and formula 1 (also on car). I am too passionate with F1 (I was once invited by team Sauber Petronas to meet their engineer during my uni day…it was an awesome experience) – Now, I can choose the unaffordable but awesome Hublot, the tad boring Tag Heur with McLaren, The great-great Graham with Mercedes GP, The what so freaking expensive, yet has nothing with it TW Steel with Renault and the ever affordable, but yet, of all watches I mention here, none could better the greatness technology behind this company…the CASIO…so, for middle income earner like me, the decision is pretty clear, it either I spend some odd money on the nice looking TW steel with no technology behind it, or the CASIO…
•   I have no doubt on Japanese watch technology
•   I would rate for quartz , no other company make a better quartz watches
Hence the purchase. The watch arrive last Wednesday, in which I should mention, I bought this watch from a great seller..I told her, I want the watch to arrive on Wednesday as afterward I would be on long holiday, even though I only confirm the
purchase and make payment a day before…Kudos to Ms Celine who make it happen…Great Seller that I would recommend and repeat purchase in the future

There are probably hundreds of model under the Edifice series, but among others this model attract me the most because this was once promoted by Sebastian Vetter as following picture. For F1 hardcore fan, that means the most.

Design wise, this watch feature a very unique texture on the surface. On the dial, the construction of the watch made from layers of metal plate that gave 3D great effect .3 Sub-dials available at 12, 9 and 6 o’clock with the most noticeable at 9, in which feature rotating disc 24 hrs displays…

The 1/20 stopwatch could measure 59’59.59” despite knowing only in very unlikely event I would need to measure such time elapsed…Now to make thing far more intresting, the hand on the subdial at 6 o’clock would move back and forth while measuring the first minute using the chronograph function, and the movement move in a very nice swift motion. Still on the dial, the date display at 3 o’clock whilst the  analog hands are being laminated with Neobrite - A luminous coating provides long-term illumination in the dark after only a short exposure to ligh, and I am talking about very bright blue luminious…Awesome …. Another unique feature would be rotating inner bezel controlled by the crown at 8 o’clock to measure elapsed time whilst in the same time put in a lot of character to the watch.

The movement is unmistakably a miyota, with accuracy of ±20 seconds per month , I doubt you would need to measure that.I think what surprised me the most would be the weight of this watch. It is very common for us to see gigantic Casio watch with design resembling a super tank, but having the lightest form you wouldn’t want to believe.In which become their trademark which I don’t really enjoy. I don’t really like light watch despite the comfort you got while wearing it…. However this watch has strong & sturdy case build ending up the whole watch weight at 185 gram with dimension of 52.0 X 47.8 X 13.7mm..Not to be surprised, this watch able to withstand static water pressure up to 10 atm hence a perfect companion for swimming and snorkeling in shallow water, which what most people could ever do (serious, not many people could pass 100m deep in the sea). And to ensure water resistant, the crown designed to be screwed into the case.

Mineral glass has been treated to ensure it to be hard and resist accidental scratching whilst the Bezel has TACHYMETER marking to help you determine speed from point A to point B. Going back to the dial, CASIO cleverly use black dial with a dash of orange and red color that give a very sporty impression, and the whole design look motorsport theme. The watch come with fully stainless steel bracelet, which is rather unique. I love the middle section where it protrudes in and gives a very stunning look. Things of beauty. And to avoid accidental release of the clasp, it come with double-lock, 1-press, 3-fold Buckle

Overall I think this is an amazing timepiece. Take into account of what I paid, this is a very good buy but now, I am also in trouble because…If you look at my previous posting I been looking for an old G-Shock model. 3 hours after purchasing this, I come across with someone who able to help me to find this model and immediately I pay him the cost. Together with the GA-100 I bought 3 weeks ago, and old DW6900 I bought from DuniaJam and this Casio Edifice, this is my fourth watch in a month. Now how am I supposed to explain this to my wife…..errrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk…Help!!!

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 06:56:34 AM »
mnazri.tan

Good write up. Enjoy the read,

Thanks for sharing

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »

... but now, I am also in trouble because…If you look at my previous posting I been looking for an old G-Shock model. 3 hours after purchasing this, I come across with someone who able to help me to find this model and immediately I pay him the cost. Together with the GA-100 I bought 3 weeks ago, and old DW6900 I bought from DuniaJam and this Casio Edifice, this is my fourth watch in a month. Now how am I supposed to explain this to my wife…..errrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk…Help!!!

Wow, Nazri. 4 watches in a month, congrats you're the official MWF idol of the month.  :thumbsup:

For me, this year todate, about 30 watches, 1 watch box, 12 straps and a host of watch tools.

Selamat Hari Raya!

Adrian, you're in the running for MWF idol of the year. Keep it up  :thumbsup:.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
Danny

I like the way you coined the word...MWF idol......of the month and year.
Hey, how about the flipper idol...one who flips the most watches in the shortest time..... :Startled:

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 12:52:07 PM »
Danny

I like the way you coined the word...MWF idol......of the month and year.
Hey, how about the flipper idol...one who flips the most watches in the shortest time..... :Startled:

dc

Hi David,
Flipper idol? Excellent idea, but I don't think anyone would volunteer to be nominated but I suppose we can nominate the well known flippers on their behalf  ;D.

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 01:55:30 PM »
My jam raya...  ;D

Got both on 2nd raya. Hehe... Dun know which 1 to buy... so I bough both.  :Dancing_banana:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 02:19:28 PM »
Nice set of Seikos.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 06:34:24 AM »
DJ...nice seiko indeed....

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 12:06:02 PM »
Thanks bro. I think I'll get 1 more Seiko this raya month soon. Haha... Can't help myself to get it.... ;D

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 12:20:50 PM »
ish ish ish.....go for it bro...heheheh