Author Topic: what is on your wrist today?  (Read 2946805 times)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: what is on your wrist today?
« Reply #3075 on: August 26, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »

Hobbit, support you :) I'm sure Taiwan's streets have a lot more stuff to shot ;) Enjoy and do share!! btw, X100 is a good street-camera... just have to get used to the focus (it's rather slow (hunting) in low light)... you can also turn the camera to silent by pressing (around 2 sec) on of the button below the main wheel control.. can't remember exactly which one.. in case you wanna be in a quite-mode ;)

Enjoy!!
scott

Scott,

Thank you. Will be looking into working with James (Wotancraft) on getting another case done up for the X-100. The current case is not very 'ready to shoot'. James has a very interesting holster he had designed for the M9.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #3076 on: August 26, 2011, 11:21:42 AM »
The watch is not for sale.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3077 on: August 26, 2011, 12:56:04 PM »

Hobbit, support you :) I'm sure Taiwan's streets have a lot more stuff to shot ;) Enjoy and do share!! btw, X100 is a good street-camera... just have to get used to the focus (it's rather slow (hunting) in low light)... you can also turn the camera to silent by pressing (around 2 sec) on of the button below the main wheel control.. can't remember exactly which one.. in case you wanna be in a quite-mode ;)

Enjoy!!
scott

Scott,

Thank you. Will be looking into working with James (Wotancraft) on getting another case done up for the X-100. The current case is not very 'ready to shoot'. James has a very interesting holster he had designed for the M9.

Hey Hobbit, don't poison me like that :) I'm actually looking for a custom made case for my M9 ;) Yeah, the x100 case is not really that nice that's why i have it nake..more sexy ;) Any chance you can help ask how much it cost for the case (for m9)?

cheers!
scott

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3078 on: August 26, 2011, 12:58:32 PM »

LOL! the summit shop's trick again a? I remember he has one without date.. also "not for sales"  :HammerHead:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3079 on: August 26, 2011, 01:27:37 PM »

LOL! the summit shop's trick again a? I remember he has one without date.. also "not for sales"  :HammerHead:

quote u a price, when u really interested bring cash then he said some1 booked/ for own collection... Waiting u to offer him a crazy price he may sell u lah....

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3080 on: August 26, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »
Really ah? Some forumers seem to give reasonable opinion on the shop woh. Hmmm, ............. need to re-consider liao ???

Zitan, this is just a very personal experiences.. no right or wrong honestly (how one doing business), everyone has it's very own personal point of view ;)

If you comfortable with it,  just go ahead ;) most important, you get what you want at the right price/service  :thumbsup:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3081 on: August 26, 2011, 01:43:07 PM »
Really ah? Some forumers seem to give reasonable opinion on the shop woh. Hmmm, ............. need to re-consider liao ???

Zitan, this is just a very personal experiences.. no right or wrong honestly (how one doing business), everyone has it's very own personal point of view ;)

If you comfortable with it,  just go ahead ;) most important, you get what you want at the right price/service  :thumbsup:

yeap, like i said b4, the shop may treat us differently.... what v said is our personal feeling....
if u keep buy n sell rolex with the shop, sent him ur rolex for repair, he may treat u like king...

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #3082 on: August 26, 2011, 01:46:37 PM »

Scott - + :thumbsup:

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3083 on: August 26, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »

Hey Hobbit, don't poison me like that :) I'm actually looking for a custom made case for my M9 ;) Yeah, the x100 case is not really that nice that's why i have it nake..more sexy ;) Any chance you can help ask how much it cost for the case (for m9)?

cheers!
scott

Scott,

PM you.

Offline besview

« Reply #3084 on: August 26, 2011, 07:01:12 PM »
This green thingy

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #3085 on: August 26, 2011, 07:42:59 PM »

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #3086 on: August 27, 2011, 06:39:50 AM »
Bought my little cousin a Ben 10 timekeeping device. I put it on just now, and I must say looked übercool with the 60mm dial for a moment there.

So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #3087 on: August 27, 2011, 06:59:25 AM »
Bought my little cousin a Ben 10 timekeeping device. I put it on just now, and I must say looked übercool with the 60mm dial for a moment there.

Leonard, did you lose weight? :laugh:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #3088 on: August 27, 2011, 07:06:55 AM »

Thanks for noticing. I've been on the Ramadhan diet  ;) ;D
So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #3089 on: August 27, 2011, 07:09:19 AM »

Thanks for noticing. I've been on the Ramadhan diet  ;) ;D

Ha ha ha  :Laughing_on_floor: Must learn the trick from you.  ;)
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #3090 on: August 27, 2011, 12:27:34 PM »
Have been hit by IWC bugs lately.
On this today.
Have a great weekend.

cheers,
ck
For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline landyshah

« Reply #3091 on: August 27, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
Thank for showing a nice watch to cool the air a bit

Amen to that, I'll join with my kiddy watch  ;D

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #3092 on: August 27, 2011, 01:01:11 PM »
Yo Landy, Nice strap there with the ExpII   :thumbsup:
Planning to wear mine on nato but could not get my tool to fit in and remove the spring bars...
Maybe I need a more smaller tool...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline landyshah

« Reply #3093 on: August 27, 2011, 01:04:37 PM »
Thanks bro! Agree, the black face ExpII looks good with a black strap. NATO will be excellent too  :Cheers:

I use a Textile/Leather one, but got a Brady strap on the way for it. I use a spring bar tool from Gnomon, no problem to fit.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #3094 on: August 27, 2011, 01:14:32 PM »
Thanks bro, will chk it out...
The V tip on my tool is like damn thick... lol...
Guess I bought the wrong one earlier...  :Startled:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #3095 on: August 27, 2011, 02:55:59 PM »
landy +1 :thumbsup:

What a beut
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3096 on: August 27, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »
Thank for showing a nice watch to cool the air a bit

Amen to that, I'll join with my kiddy watch  ;D

Nice, great to see a Rolex not on the bracelet. More info on the strap please.

With the love for the Explorer II, this begs the question, Everest vs Pan Am. Hence a new thread.....

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #3097 on: August 27, 2011, 04:45:35 PM »
Seeing landy's exp2 on strap makes my fingers itchy for a new strap.
And knowing my style, I will have to do it the proper way.
OEM Rolex 16mm pin buckle... found it... cannot bring myself to click on the checkout button...  :HammerHead:
Aaarrrggghhh... have.... to... resist....  ;D

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #3098 on: August 27, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
Sorry Hanz, what is OEM again?

I'm thinking the same thing myself, just wondered whether rolex has a buckle? especially like your Zenith clasp?
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #3099 on: August 27, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »
Sorry Hanz, what is OEM again?

I'm thinking the same thing myself, just wondered whether rolex has a buckle? especially like your Zenith clasp?
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer.... i think...  ;D
Original lah tu....  ;D
There is a clasp that is like the Zenith one but it only works with the Rolex Original Strap.... yeah... i know...  :HammerHead:
And the clasp is only equipped on brand new leather strapped Daytonas.
You want one? I ask around... Rose gold? Ready to fork out 9000+ including strap...  :o
Solid gold? Almost the same region... and most surprising of all, stainless steel... can't find any....
Pin buckle is 16mm in size and I checked around for straps that taper from 20mm to 16mm and none look nice enough.
If you're still keen, maybe I can get 2 and save on shipping? (cheapskate move)
Or I can PM you the place... :thumbsup: and you have a look...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:31:57 PM by hanz079 »