Author Topic: The last few I'm keeping...( Consolidation from Jan 2012 to May 2013 )  (Read 17921 times)

Offline danny

• Administrator
IWC Top Gun ceramic 3789-01 chrono- time/date haven't even been adjusted..while waiting for the Dark Side of the Moon this piece should satisfy my craving for a ceramic cased watch..

Hi Joe,
That's a great looking timepiece. Suits your wrist to a T.
Congrats.

:Cheers:

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
hi Danny,

thanks v much.
Had more good news this morning.
Went to collect the 2nd black cased watch I was talking about-
the Damasko DK-10 as it also just came back..met Rusmin as well. Imagine the 3 of us owning the same DK-10...

Hope I don't have any more itch for another piece for awhile..

Hi Joe,
That's a great looking timepiece. Suits your wrist to a T.
Congrats.
 :Cheers:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:18:01 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline danny

• Administrator
the Damasko DK-10 as it also just came back..met Rusmin as well. Imagine the 3 of us owning the same DK-10...

Actually mine is the DK-11, white dialled version, and it says hello.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
my bad...
both look really good and should meet for a 'panda' or 'Michael Jackson cincau' meeting..
 :D :Cheers: :thumbsup:
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline takashi78

But but but...you said you were ONLY going to buy in house calibers?  :P

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
DK 10 is calibered by in-house A 35-1 movement  :D

Offline davidtth

wow cant believe you got a IWC, yes the black ceramic for their pilot series is real superb looking!

tog last time you just mention about IWC crowd drop out and QC issue etc.... :p

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Yes, david..you're right that I made a comment on a thread where another forummer's IWC watch whose crown came off but I did say that I also own a Mk XVI which had no problems and worked beautifully so wat I said was IWC's QC is not very consistent..
wow cant believe you got a IWC, yes the black ceramic for their pilot series is real superb looking!
tog last time you just mention about IWC crowd drop out and QC issue etc.... :p

thanks ck for helping me out.
I think Peter is hentaming me on the Top Gun which uses a modified ETA 7750 not the Damasko with the in-house A35-1... :Laughing_on_floor:
DK 10 is calibered by in-house A 35-1 movement  :D

Yes Peter, we all say things we sometimes have to take back.
I used to own a few chronos with 7750s and they had characteristics that I disliked i.e. a very wobbly rotor and hands that moved after the crown is pushed back in hence screwing up the perfect alignment of the minute hand viz-a-viz minute markers.

However I bought the Top Gun after trying out the above tests and found that the rotor wobble is much less pronounced, the minute hands did not shift at all when the crown was pushed back in after setting the hands and even the stem is rock solid unlike the previous 7750 powered watches I used to own in the TAG, B&R by Sinn, etc..

I suppose that IWC really does modify many of the parts from the standard ETA ebauches similar to Breitling......or they use the top grade ebauches

Another thing was that there were not many available options for a ceramic cased watch which I wanted badly.. the Ralph Lauren using JLC caliber couldn't be found.. the Rado ceramics had poor finishing & std ETA ebauches, Chanel's J12 design was too wimpish for me and AP ROO ceramic diver's price point way too high for me..

I know that I have to wait at least a year before the Omega Dark side of the Moon will arrive in Malaysia.. so in the meantime the Top Gun will have to cater to my desires.... :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:35:18 AM by JOS2012 »

Offline takashi78

Of all the "coatings' i have seen and handled.
I am most impressed by Damasko's technology.

When i had my black, i hit it against a wooden table, not a single scratch!

If and when a non in house black white dial pop up at a good price, i am tempted to get one again.

Offline bezelnut

Congrats for your new Top Gun and DK10. Both arrive at same day, must be feeling like having a twin, donno to cuddle which 1 first.  ;D

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
thanks bezelnut..yep..feeling pretty happy today..

You obviously haven't attended MWF functions... :laugh:
Its an entry requirement to wear at least 1 watch on EACH wrist.. some have worn up to 4 on EACH wrist.. sick right?... :Blue: :Laughing_on_floor:

Well WIS are SICK ppl.....

Congrats for your new Top Gun and DK10. Both arrive at same day, must be feeling like having a twin, donno to cuddle which 1 first.  ;D

Offline bezelnut

Its an entry requirement to wear at least 1 watch on EACH wrist.. some have worn up to 4 on EACH wrist.. sick right?... :Blue: :Laughing_on_floor:

LOL...
that is frenzy indeed...
looking forward to such a day...

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator

LOL...
that is frenzy indeed...
looking forward to such a day...
You can always initial one  ;)

Offline bezelnut

You can always initial one  ;)

you mean cover both limbs with 4 watches each and walk into a mamak stall?

I'm too shy for that.  ;D