Author Topic: I once lost my mind ...  (Read 40421 times)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: I once lost my mind ...
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2010, 05:42:04 PM »
Hobbit, what's your view of the local Omega scene, anything interesting? In particular, where can one get good prices for pre-owned Omegas?

Hi Manburg,

Local Omega scene as in Malaysia or in Taiwan? I am not familiar with the Omega scene in Malaysia. If Taiwan, it is pretty good.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2010, 05:47:56 PM »

Hi Manburg,

Local Omega scene as in Malaysia or in Taiwan? I am not familiar with the Omega scene in Malaysia. If Taiwan, it is pretty good.

So you're saying that you reside in Taiwan actually? ??? Well, I thought you're in Malaysia. :-[ That being the case, I guess it's too much to expect you to know the Malaysian scene. My bad! :HammerHead:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2010, 05:56:47 PM »
Hi Manburg,

No worries. I think the scene in Malaysia should be ok. Don't know if there are that many pre-love dealers in Malaysia, especially Kuala Lumpur. There may be lots but I only know some. In saying that I am not sure if they are still around. There is one in Central Market. There is another in Sg. Wang Plaza and they have a branch in BSC or maybe they have shifted to BSC. There is one in BV (from Singapore), but I think they have shifted to the new BV wing. There is another in Bangsar who also sells cars.

I don't know if they carry Omega per say but I am sure there will be some in their stock. As for prices, watches are cheaper (generally) here in Taiwan, although the Tudor Heritage Chrono was priced well in Malaysia.

Offline maximillian

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2010, 09:58:05 PM »
nice collection! i once had the same experience as u did.."the frenzy" i call it..but lesson learnt is that just cure the temptation and hunger..we will get full ..hopefully..somehow.. :Laughing_on_floor: watches are like beautiful women..we can nvr get enuf of em'!
musdus vult decipi ergo decipiatur.veritatem dies aperit.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2010, 11:28:26 AM »
So bro MS, do you hand wind your beautiful women on a daily basis, or do you put them on electronic winder? :D
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline maximillian

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »
i usually put em on a winder bcoz all of my watches are automatics..but in bed,i do hand wind them..zing!!
musdus vult decipi ergo decipiatur.veritatem dies aperit.

Offline keyblader

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2010, 01:08:01 PM »
i love the lego pic. I have that same set

Offline Manburg

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2010, 01:40:28 PM »
i love the lego pic. I have that same set

You mean this?

Some of my other sets. I'm an avid Star Wars fan (though the Batmobile is hard to resist)

The only Ferrari that I could afford
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:03:10 PM by Manburg »

Offline Broleo

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2010, 02:14:20 PM »
ahhh...manburg.

those were the days everyone main lego, main "MASK", main "old" version transformer, 1 button remote car, video game Contra... aihhhh...anyway, nice collection... where do you store them? Nowadays, budak kecik dah tak main lego... :(

cheers

Offline Manburg

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »
... where do you store them? Nowadays, budak kecik dah tak main lego... :(

cheers

Bro, you forgot one fact - I'm the budak kecik here! :Dancing_banana:

Well, I put them all in cabinets. But to my horror, I just discovered that some of my nephews/nieces (not sure which one :HammerHead:) had gatal tangan and played them as if they're hot wheels/matchbox, etc. Thus some are in hancur lebur condition now. :Mad:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2010, 01:49:08 PM »
can I play????

Here is mine, the aluminium falcon.... oppps millenium falcon.

Have a Ferrari F1 as well but not with me at the moment.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2010, 02:16:13 PM »
can I play????

Here is mine, the aluminium falcon.... oppps millenium falcon.

Have a Ferrari F1 as well but not with me at the moment.

Of course you can! (AS Obama said it ... yes we can!) :Laughing_on_floor: Because inside every man, there's a little boy. :Dancing_banana:

FYI, Millenium Falcon is my grail Lego (I thought only WIS has a grail). I've been drooling over this for a very long time :Praying::

A modded version.

But Lego is no longer producing it. It's formerly retailing at about GBP300+, but is now going as high as GBP650 on eBay. :Startled: :Scolding:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Lego-Star-Wars-10179-Millenium-Falcon-/250730963413?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item3a60bae1d5
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:19:57 PM by Manburg »

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »
Manburg,

Have you tried the shop in Tropicana Mall, on the 1st floor I believe. Or it is still available in UK, try Harrods or Centrale in Croydon (i could be wrong). There is a model shop there that has the model.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2010, 04:21:20 PM »
Hobbit,

I'm actually a member of Brickboy that has outlets in Gardens, Sunway Pyramid (which has unfortunately been closed) and as you said, Tropicana Mall. I've never however been to the one in Tropicana. The last time I visited them (which was way back before Sept 09), the MF set was tagged at about RM2000+ (I can't recall the exact price). But I'm not sure whether it still holds that price seeing that the model has been discontinued. If it does, then it's a miracle! :angel:

When I was in the UK, my interest in Lego had however waned so much that I never even visited the Lego stores, such as the one in Bluewater, Kent which is not that far from my home. I did visit some of the toy stores, e.g. Hamleys, Smyths, Harrods, Toys r Us, etc. but even if they stocked Legos, the MF set is never there. I guess it's really a collectible now. How I wish I've got it then. :'( 

By the way, if you're interested in witnessing how each of the 5195 pieces of the MF is painstakingly assembled in 3.38 minutes, please click here:
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2008/01/28/joel-johnson-builds-the-ucs-millenium-falcon-in-338/

Or here for a lovely demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKcEmiDwu9g

Or here for a very amusing and funny inside story of how the MF was originally built (even Lucas didn't know about this!)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:53:49 PM by Manburg »

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2010, 04:54:52 AM »
Manburg,

Thanks for the links. Actually the MF is the only Lego set I would collect (Well I have the 2 feet long Ferrari F1, but that is a different story), the other being the walking 80-80. I will check if the local lego has the MF (this guy collects and also sell and teaches kids on Lego). I think Lego is slowly re-gaining popularity more so after James May's Toy Stories series where he built a house (life size) and lived in it. I do have the 2 feet long MF from Revell (I think), but not with me at the moment. I also have a 3 feet tall (voice control) R2-D2 and a 3 inch tall R2-D2 with a light sabre controller. I am into rc robots (I try anyway).

Offline takashi78

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2010, 07:06:29 AM »
Aren't we going off topic now? :Laughing_on_floor:

How bout create another thread in OT discussion side and let all the lego lovers go wild there hehe ;D

Offline Manburg

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2010, 07:21:58 AM »
Well, the topic states "I once lost my mind". It could be on anything, Lego included! :Laughing_on_floor:

Joke aside, the friendly reminder is wholeheartedly noted. :thumbsup: No more Lego post here.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2010, 07:31:22 AM »
Aren't we going off topic now? :Laughing_on_floor:

How bout create another thread in OT discussion side and let all the lego lovers go wild there hehe ;D

Noted with thanks.  :)

Offline takashi78

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2010, 07:37:28 AM »
Thanks guys, reason for me saying that maybe we can have a dedicated Lego thread where everything Lego can be discussed inside there.

Hope to see more variety in that side of the forum.

Thanks for all your contributions!  :thumbsup:

Offline keeekeee

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »
wow nice watches  :thumbsup:

Offline Manburg

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2010, 04:33:59 PM »

Offline gloomis

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2010, 06:54:52 PM »
Nice pictures and story so far  :thumbsup:

Thanks! And it's only half of the story so far. Stay tuned!  :laugh:

But I think cheapest Speedy is Speedmaster Reduced.

Well, as I said, I was a novice. But I wasn't interested in the Reduced anyway due its small size. Even the Speedy Date, with its 40mm seems a bit small to my liking.

great collection. lucky is omega but not panerai o rolex o iwc where they got plenty model and more pricy to follow. hahaha. thx for the sharing...it is really ausump

Offline Manburg

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 07:44:10 AM »

great collection. lucky is omega but not panerai o rolex o iwc where they got plenty model and more pricy to follow. hahaha. thx for the sharing...it is really ausump

Well, should have chosen Seikos - a lot more models to choose, relatively cheaper (sans the GS of course)

Offline landyshah

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »
Sorry to divert, couldnt resist when I saw the lego pic...Millenium Falcon....Here is mine to join yours  ;D

Sambung balik citer asal...

Offline Manburg

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »
Sorry to divert, couldnt resist when I saw the lego pic...Millenium Falcon....Here is mine to join yours  ;D

Sambung balik citer asal...

Bro, at the risk of incurring the wrath of the mods :Praying:, I'll indulge you - Revell, I guess?