Author Topic: Need Help Tissot Swissmatic V8  (Read 3069 times)

Offline GhostRaider36

Need Help Tissot Swissmatic V8
« on: February 28, 2021, 01:55:03 PM »
The watch stop.after purchasing it only notice it's a unrepairable model.bought because I like the dial.the warranty just past 3 months.
Not fond of the calibre,so would like to change/mod it to a Seiko calibre.wonder anyone here has done it or who knows anyone with experience of changing that.
I know Tissot/Swatch group will want to charge me & change to the same parts which I'm not happy with.its unreliable after reading lots of comments about it.
Almost forgot,thank you for any help or advice which can be offered.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:58:10 PM by GhostRaider36 »

Offline spacewalker

Re: Need Help Tissot Swissmatic V8
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 08:13:48 PM »
Hi. First of all, why it stop? Did you knocked  or fell your watch on hard surface? Try to look at the rotor on backcase or try to wind the crown. Did any weird sound from the movement when you wind/wear the watch?

You could try to contact / send it to SC to diagnose the problem and get the quotation. It is worth to contact them. That is a quite new movement from swatcx group and mostly use in Swatcx watches , I think it is similar to the system 51 movement. It use less metal and plastic part and the main advantage is the 70 hour power reserve. It still cost you but not as much as replacing the more high end movement etc co-axial movement. I wouldn't advice you to mod it to Seikx movement.

Offline GhostRaider36

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 08:39:40 PM »
Yes,it's a system 51,did not drop,knock or fell hard.most times riding motorbike.look thru the case back.rotor & winder all works fine.a few times it stop although the watch is half wound.will try to see if SC can offer anything better than the original parts of system 51.if price wise is too expensive to repair like buying a new watch,prefer to change the calibre cos fond of the dial face color

Offline adriangsc

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 12:28:15 PM »
May be you try shop watch to repair for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline engkow

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 02:51:04 PM »
I have a V8 movement already out of service, if you want for parts come to my place/office to collect it at Bandar Baru Selayang, my ???? no 0162561665 or WhatsApp me can sent to photo.