Author Topic: Breaking News: Richemont do not verify watches anymore  (Read 4674 times)

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
Breaking News: Richemont do not verify watches anymore
« on: November 12, 2010, 10:19:09 AM »
saw this at other forum and confirmed by the Forum Founder that Richemont stop provide verification service to all brands under Richemont...  :'(

Offline Scott C.

Re: Breaking News: Richemont do not verify watches anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 10:22:07 AM »
I thought they don't do verification all this time?

what you can do is to ask them to do a light servicing on your watch which i think cost around MYR150 to MYR200 (i did it once), this way, it's as good as verifying the watch already. They will not do any service if they found it's not original/authentic once they open the case ;)

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »
S'pore Richemont Service Centre do provide verification service...but it just merely a paper with the movement no and serial no stated.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »
My experience is that you may have to pay for the verification. For vintage pieces, you may need to send the watch back to the company.

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 03:54:57 PM »
you are right, richemont sg charges for verifcation. depends on brands also ranging from SG$80 (for pam) up to SG$105 for vacheron (inc gst).
of cos they will give u a nice pouch and cleaning cloth and call it a simple service, and a verification receipt which can be used if u resell it.

rolex service center charges SG$75 which also includes a pouch and cloth but NO RECEIPT or PAPER at all.

AP on the other hand is best, they will do everything and even give you a AP pouch all for F O C.
if u ask them to do a water resistance check, it's free and for some watches even extends your warranty for another year (for new watches under 2 years old).

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »
Based on my experience, RSC will not charge if you need verbal confirmation of the authenticity of the watch. However if you need papers, it is another matter. However you will need to fill up a form and they may need some proof of ownership or identification in lieu.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 06:01:31 AM »
you are right, richemont sg charges for verifcation. depends on brands also ranging from SG$80 (for pam) up to SG$105 for vacheron (inc gst).
of cos they will give u a nice pouch and cleaning cloth and call it a simple service, and a verification receipt which can be used if u resell it.

i didnt receive any pouch and cleaning cloth when i was there for verification service

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:40 AM »
:) well i did both times i was there

as for RSC, evne the KL one charges for verification.
and it's just verbal, no receipt or anything.