Author Topic: Cortina ON SALE!!!  (Read 12385 times)

Offline Scott C.

Re: Cortina ON SALE!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
Just back from the sales... Surpring no bad... A few good models there and discount not bad too... But just my opinion la... If anyone looking for iwc spitfire (non chrono)  stainless steel on bracelet, better be fast... I'm sure those good stuff will gone in a day or two...

Offline takashi78

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
How is it an insult?

Insult in that watches which no one wants, hiving them off in the guise of so called "sales"

Well not to start an something serious here but did they ever advertise the sale as "the latest and newest model" ?
NO.

Any sale on ANY product will usually be on past season or slow moving stock, same with cars and clothes etc.

Also the discount given is more than usual and i would therefore consider it as sales also.

Yes i am the one that went out in less than 10mins cause the models are old and not to my liking, those that i like i still cant afford.
But i would not go to the extent as calling it an insult as such.

But anyways....lets get back to the topic.

To Gigi,
Yes got 2 Ball there which is the model Chris has with the temp gauge but older model.

To me the best buy there is as stated earlier and by Scott, the IWC Spitfire.

Offline besview

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 07:53:56 PM »
Have never gone to such sales for a long time as they will always push those pieces they can't sell.Still sending me invites.Insult to our intell sometimes
I would say that a heavily discounted IWC Spitfire or the Omega Speedmaster MS LE is still of interest to some poor people like myself.  Isn't your statement a bit too snobbish?   :mooning:

Snobbish? Can you find the stated watche son salE in Cortina? ::)
YES.  But you wouldn't know since you didn't go.  The Omega was there.  Right?

of course I would not know wat's there.Then grab it if you think its a good deal.Omega keeps making ltd eds which dilutes the value of "ltd"
And,BTW,for lack of a better word,snobbish is used in the wrong context here mate and has
little relevance to wat I posted.We are here to discuss watches and here you are making a personal attack and you showed my yr ASS!!

Offline besview

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 08:03:06 PM »
taka,

I have been to enuff "sales" to know that they never advertise whether its latest models or not. A simple remark not directed to anybody  brings ppl to attack my character and that is freaking below the belt .

Where is the spirit of horology here?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 10:45:12 PM »
Hello mates ;)

Don't be so serious over certain words used by someone and they might just joke around and doesn't really mean what they said... ;)

This topic is just for information... if you think it's not worth your time travel to have a look, it's OK, join other event next time but to the rest, it maybe a good opportunities to grap some goodies.. "one person junk might be another person gold" ;)

so, be cool! Hot weather i know but weekend coming soon  ;D

Cheers!
scott

Offline besview

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 11:14:37 PM »
But being called as such without knowing why and by some one who is not the aggrieved party is beyond me