Author Topic: Heart Rate Monitor watch  (Read 8225 times)

Offline G.MAC

Heart Rate Monitor watch
« on: August 15, 2010, 12:28:37 PM »
Anyone knows any reliable brand for this kind of watch? my doctor advise me to wear one of these when i exercise. Saw a brand called Polar but the salesperson said that i cannot replace the battery except by sending it back to the supplier. Is this true? anyone here has a HRM watch also and can advise me on this??are they anything i have to look out for when i buy the watch?thanks in advance.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline peanut

Re: Heart Rate Monitor watch
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »
Polar and Suunto are two of the established companies in this space.  I have a Polar for almost 10 years and battery change for the watch is standard and don't need to send back to the factory/manufacturer.  I dont use the heart rate monitor now so have not replaced the chest strap but I think this one needs to be replaced or send back to the manufacturer. 

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »
I once had this straped to my wrist for 24hrs as my doc suspect i have high blod pressure. Lucky that was not the case. Had to wear it very tight and was very uncomfortable.

Offline kaka23

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:38:39 PM »
whr you got it bro?

Kaka

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »
Bloody clinic "rented" it to me for 24hrs and cost over rm100+ i think.

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »
I got 4 old one.... all Casio.

JP-100W
JP-200W
BP-100
BP-120

2 heart rate monitor & 2 blood pressure monitor. The blood pressure model is not as accurate the blood pressure device but it can give you the overall picture of your heart status. Casio also claim it is not a medical device, but can help you monitor your pulse & heart rate. But the heart rate is quite accurate. I already tested a few time with the medical device.

The new Casio & Timex also got this heart rate monitor. Sell for about RM400++. Cheaper than the Suunto.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:29:20 PM »
depends on what type of features you need in your HRM.

I am just using a simple Nike HRM together with my Nike Plus system in my running shoe. i think that is good enough. it's just enough to let me know when to push myself to my maximum HR zone. while my running progress is captured in my ipod by the nike plus sensor.

my sensor chest strap battery is removable so it changing battery is a cinch unlike the older polar models which needs to change the entire strap.

at the end of the day, it all boils down to what kind of features u need in a HRM.
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 02:29:22 PM »
depends on what type of features you need in your HRM.

I am just using a simple Nike HRM together with my Nike Plus system in my running shoe. i think that is good enough. it's just enough to let me know when to push myself to my maximum HR zone. while my running progress is captured in my ipod by the nike plus sensor.

my sensor chest strap battery is removable so it changing battery is a cinch unlike the older polar models which needs to change the entire strap.

at the end of the day, it all boils down to what kind of features u need in a HRM.

Yes. Exactly  :thumbsup:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
thank you all for your feedbacks. was recommended by my trainer to buy polar so i went ahead and bought a unit
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 09:21:24 PM »
Congrats bro.  :thumbsup: Enjoy your new watch  :laugh: