Author Topic: Buying watch from EBAY through PayPal  (Read 7474 times)

Offline skccks

Buying watch from EBAY through PayPal
« on: August 02, 2010, 07:02:59 PM »
hi, i just need some advice here whether it is safe to buy watch or other item from EBay through PayPal?

thank you

KC

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
Re: Buying watch from EBAY through PayPal
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »
Nothing above 500 imho
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »
i think the usual precautions apply for buying watches or anything expensive on ebay.
good thing is paypal is on buyer's side, so always insist on paypal. i can share some experience about paypal but i guess that's for another conversation.

(1) make sure the seller is very reputable, check his feedback n make sure he's been selling similar things (all authentic)
(2) if u know the watch, ask for more pictures with boxes, with specific time, with his name tag or etc
(3) remember to ask for pictures of boxes and papers indicating warranty date n etc
(4) sometimes, u can even find out the profession of the seller, i've dealt with professinoal watch sellers, doctors, lawyers n etc (normally they'll provide u with their email with signature, which shows their profession). does help a bit

i guess if the seller cna meet everything above, should be safe.

good luck anyway!

Offline skccks

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 07:38:15 PM »
actually, i just bought 1 watch from ebay....the seller got 100% good comment.....if anything go wrong, how i am going to resolve the problem like get back my $......please advice.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »
for me i am a person who prefers COD..less hassle and less problems..but if through paypal i am not an expert in it. it is this thinking of mine which still prevents me from my next target watch.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline adrian

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »
actually, i just bought 1 watch from ebay....the seller got 100% good comment.....if anything go wrong, how i am going to resolve the problem like get back my $......please advice.

Important to go thru the description as you don't want to be caught with some fault that was already mentioned or some small fine print of conditions of return. Some seller do mention that they will only offer refund if the watch is not authentic but not if there is a fault as they sell it as is. So if you're not comfortable with what is written, walk away.

You are 'somewhat' protected by ebay/paypal/credit card company in the event of a dispute but can be a long wait for a resolution. But from my personal experience, sellers do want to get good feedback from you and most will try to solve any issues with you first. So far only problems I've encountered are a dead on arrival watch which the seller repaired and resent back to me. The other was a dirty crystal and scratch mark on the dial which the seller also replaced without much hassle.

Offline skccks

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 09:27:58 PM »
so....no choice ...wait & see lor...the seller said that the watch already sent out from german.....have to wait 5-6 days......

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 03:14:32 PM »
kc,

xbay has very good buyer protection... i do alot n buy n sell over the xbay since yr 1999... so far... touch wood.. all were smooth transactions.
happen to get a fake rollie someone fr. hk too... but after i filed a complaint... the guy refund in full within 2 days... and reply me back v apology. oso did some buying fr. some1 in US on some well known leather goods... sent the wrong model, i shipped back.. and full refund + my shipping cost. i would say.. read their feedback... check the photos posted... ask for more close up photos (but, if powerseller.. they choi nie dou soooh!)

shold be alrite.

Offline skccks

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
kc,

xbay has very good buyer protection... i do alot n buy n sell over the xbay since yr 1999... so far... touch wood.. all were smooth transactions.
happen to get a fake rollie someone fr. hk too... but after i filed a complaint... the guy refund in full within 2 days... and reply me back v apology. oso did some buying fr. some1 in US on some well known leather goods... sent the wrong model, i shipped back.. and full refund + my shipping cost. i would say.. read their feedback... check the photos posted... ask for more close up photos (but, if powerseller.. they choi nie dou soooh!)

shold be alrite.

thank....hopefully everything all right.........

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
i also another person who prefers COD...except for those item below 200

Offline ssss

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:48 AM »
xbay is a nice place to shop. However, to get the most out of it, some homeworks are required:

1)Check the background of the seller via their feedbacks. Take some time to scrutinise, you can even find out the previous bid price for similar item that you are bidding.
2)Check the details of warranty and return policy - most of the xbay seller are not AD. As such, if any warranty given, it is by the seller and not international warranty. You need to bear the shipping cost if you send back faulty item for repair/replacement.
3)Check the shipping, with or without insurance. Remember, buyer is the one who pay for the shipping cost.
4)Make payment and communicate with seller strictly via xbay.
5)Go for new item - you can not assess comprehensively the preowned item with descriptions and photos.

Most importantly, check the price locally (if the item is available locally) and from other website, taking into consideration of warranty and shipping cost and determine your maximum bid price. You are all set for a happy bidding then! :)

p/s my experience on xbay:

case 1 - Item purchased not delivered(lost track after shipped), Buyer refund fully.
case 2 - Purchase item(new) faulty, send back at own cost. Buyer refund fully.

Offline skccks

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 06:10:56 AM »
normally it take how many days to deliver if the item is from German? the courier service is DHL.

Offline ssss

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 07:09:27 AM »
normally it take how many days to deliver if the item is from German? the courier service is DHL.
Depending on type of package that the seller used, economy or priority. I received before item from German in four days(by UPS). Why not your ask for the tracking number from seller so that you can keep track on your item?

Offline skccks

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 07:31:35 AM »
tracking number he gave is unable to track. i ask the seller, he replied the parcel is special arrangement.....no choice i have to wait..

Offline ssss

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 07:59:50 AM »
tracking number he gave is unable to track. i ask the seller, he replied the parcel is special arrangement.....no choice i have to wait..
:oGood luck, bro :D

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 12:24:10 PM »
Depending on type of package that the seller used, economy or priority. I received before item from German in four days(by UPS). Why not your ask for the tracking number from seller so that you can keep track on your item?

what method of shipping?
All trackable except normal post!

Normally dhl packet international u can track at the german post site...
When reach Malaysia the number will change by msia post
except those faster shipping method that diliver by post laju here then track no won't change n u can track it

the only special arrangement I encounter is the guy send a watch from Israel, so Fedex quietly bring it to France n I only able to track 2 days plus later... The status shown it was pick up at France instead!

Offline skccks

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »
just went to pos office to collect my watch........it take 10 days to deliver from Germany to Malaysia...

Offline skccks

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »

this is the watch i bought.....

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 08:23:38 PM »
congratulations!

pls let me molest it next gtg...

never touch a nomos before!

Offline besview

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »
So far,EMS from just about any country has not let me down,Japan,US,UK,France..Just got my Omega orange PO today fron Brussels and took just
4 days and delivered to my doorstep by poslaju.

Will post some pics soon :Cheers:

Offline skccks

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 08:38:22 PM »
congratulations!

pls let me molest it next gtg...

never touch a nomos before!

sure! no problem.....