Author Topic: Oris AD  (Read 8111 times)

Offline Dominic

Oris AD
« on: May 18, 2010, 08:51:51 AM »
Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase my 1st watch, an Oris skeleton engine. By any chance you know where I can get the best price for this. The best offer I had is 25% off. Thanks in advance.

Offline takashi78

Re: Oris AD
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »
We dont openly discuss discounts here as it is not fair to other AD's.
Pls bring this to PM if anyone would like to help.

Offline peanut

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:47:36 AM »
We dont openly discuss discounts here as it is not fair to other AD's.
Pls bring this to PM if anyone would like to help.
I am not sure if I agree with this.  Personally, I think the guidelines in this forum is too restrictive sometimes.  I am sure many new members joining this forum has the intention to buy or sell some of their watches.  I am OK with not mentioning which AD or shop where you get the discount but one should be able to mention what is the possible discount for a particular brand.  Then it is up to individuals to PM each other for the details.  I thought this forum is to share, educate and learn from each other.  For example, I would personally want to know what is the best possible discount one can get for GS SBGE001. 

Another practice that I dont like is to mention the shop names in the form of C*** C****, H*** G****, S******, S**y*, H***chi, etc.  For some new members or even non-Malaysian/Singaporeans, this will confuse them.  I think as long as we are not seen as promoting a particular dealer, then mentioning the shop name is fine.  If I said that I got my AS from Hour Glass, it doesn't mean that I am promoting Hour Glass right? 

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:12:41 AM »
hey mate, wat are u doing now is promoting the Hxxx Glxxx lor :Laughing_on_floor:.....ya even some AD are stranger to me like C*** C****, S**y*, H***chi so some 1 can enlighten me?? or can we doing on more explicit way by reducing the xxxxxx ie. Houx Glasx, Cortinx and etc...  :thumbsup:

Offline sshark

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »

I agreed to using AD names instead of xxxxx as long as the context is neutral ie not promoting or degrading.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:56:05 AM »
Hello All,

The reason why we not encourage naming the AD and to discuss any discount given is make sure our forum is/will not creating any conflict with any parties/within members. The objective of this forum is not dedicated for any commercial purpose. Therefore, appreciate if all members follow the rules for time being.

Yes, I do agreed that this place is meant for sharing but not necessary to share price/discounted one getting. This will/might create conflict to other who might be in the business and use the information against another.

Actually, there are a lot forums out there doing the same thing and some don't even allow to mentioned anything regarding the AD and price. We try not to follow that track but when our members are growing, we need to have some basic rules to make sure the forum is running smooth.
Further more, if one would like to know further about the prices/discount, please use the PM feature.

The new members are welcome to check out the forum rules or PM me or the moderators if they have any doubt.

Like I always mentioned in other topic, as long as we are not tied the AD and the price together, i think this should be OKAY.

Thank you and your understanding is very much appreciated.

scott

Offline takashi78

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 12:10:17 PM »
My view on the topic is this and i agree with Scott, we are trying to remain neutral in a sense that we do not side any AD or website.

We can openly discuss list price and i always post in the threads asking the person who bought a certain watch to just PM me how much discount or price they bought they watch.

We do not know which member is working for which AD in disguise and maybe just coming in here to look for extra biz.

Also if we stated what max discount a certain AD gives and that discount conflicts with the manufacturers guidelines that AD might get in trouble or even the brand will impose a standard discount for the entire country and that could be bad for us at the end.

Just voicing my opinion and hope no one takes this the wrong way, i too always want to find the best price and thats why i go to the GTG and hunt for watches.
Thats the fun of it right? ;D

So maybe if anyone wants to chime in is welcome unless it gets offensive or rude in here then we have to lock it.

I hope everyone enjoys their stay here especially the new members and that is what makes the forum grow. :D

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 12:18:37 PM »
New members please don't feel offended.
As much as we wanted to help (we also try hard to hunt for best discount  ;D), but rules are rules. Moreover, this forum is created by personal accord and we would not want the founder to get into trouble, if any.
 :Cheers:   

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 12:27:49 PM »
That's very true. Even as a local boy (ahem, man) I could make no sense of what those xxxxx stand for. Let alone a newbie. In my past statement, i did many a times bringing up this subject.

IMHO, mentioning a AD  or a shop name in full - does not necessary promote or free advertising. Mentioning both shop name and specific discount given are conflict of interest and is not fair to others.

Lets explore;
a) Mention specific AD's name in a shopping complex / location is ok (Yes/No)
b) Mention clearance sales of particular brand at a certain location with huge discount (no shop name) is ok (Yes/No)

c) When you must mention the shop name, listing of official brand they carry is ok (Yes/No)
d) The official list price of watches of respective brand is ok (Yes/No)
e) Discount rates is sensitive issue and not encouraged to mention in our discussion (Yes/No)
f) Possible discount rates expected in general is ok (without mentioning shop names) (Yes/No)
g) Please add in...........

Hope I am not crossing the warth of our moderator/s here.  :Blue:

Moderator/s; please treat this as an open discussion (with open mind concept) to all forumers.
This is to further improve and formulating the rules to make this a friendlier forum

dc
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:02:00 PM by David_cheong »
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline peanut

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 12:49:23 PM »
I would actually say YES to most of the above.  However, I would not associate a specific discount rate with an AD/shop.  That's the one that can potentially cause problem for the founder/owner of this site. 

Some of the sales events can be included in Events or Sales section and that should be OK.  No?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »
Thanks for the input. Appreciated that.

I think sales event is fine (i'm sure by just the location will be enough), as long as we don't mentioned much what the best price you got for what.
Mentioning about retail suggested price is OK to me.

As for mentioning the AD name in  a shopping complex, discounted prices, etc, i do not agreed with this (at least at this moment). I can explain to you when we meet up next time ;) PM will be good to exchange such info.

Hope for now, we can stick to a simply rules and let's enjoy the rest of the discussion.

I'm sure, other then the sales, discounted price/best offer, a lot more we can share and enjoy here.

:Cheers:
scott

Thanks,
scott

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »
Lol... So far this forum is privately ownEd! no commercial element associated with mwf at all. So let's respect the rules that set by the owner... He don't want to get into trouble... If he get into trouble then we all will not b able to hv this mwf!

And we must also protect the watch business! If every1 buy at lower than Market price, do u think the shop can survive? Do u think the AD won't punish them? And do you think the watch brand will continue to export to Malaysia?

Offline ASIAM

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 09:46:20 AM »
hmm........but why do we need to protect ppl's business.

sharing is to ensure that we are not being taken a ride. discount can be posted in my opinion, but maybe shop name can be tru pm

and the modification done by moderator can be a bit to much to certain post

just my opinion.

still will follow within the rules

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »
Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase my 1st watch, an Oris skeleton engine. By any chance you know where I can get the best price for this. The best offer I had is 25% off. Thanks in advance.

I think we swing away too much instead of helping our friend here...

I personally not familiar with Oris... I think i know which model you are talking about... i quite like this piece btw ;)

PMed some info anywhere.

scott

Offline SHL

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 03:16:10 PM »
i also plan to buy an oris pilot watch too. The shop in ss2 offer me more that 25% less. since we cant promote any shop here. just PM me. by the way.. how to pm someone here??
anyone know about ORIS SWISS HUNTER WATCH LIMITTED EDITION?? IS IT WORTH FOR COLLECTION??

Offline steveting

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »
wow..this forum is privately owned?? who is the owner?? scott?

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 04:49:23 PM »
The founder of this forum - Danny

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline steveting

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »
cool~ i think this is the only watch forum in malaysia!! good job denny :Jumping:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 05:47:28 PM »
Its Danny

Offline Samajaya168

• ^_^
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 07:28:48 PM »
 :laugh:
AP - 15710
ROLEX - 116710
FM - GPG 9900
PANERAI - PAM 00000
CHOPARD - 168457-3005
ZENITH - 03.2430.3000/21.C738
SINN - Art-Nr. 1020.040
TISSOT - T066.427.17.047.00
OMEGA - 1513.30.00 (TRADED)
IWC -  IW500703 (TRADED)

Offline kaka23

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »
Hi.. Anbody had experience buying from Friends of ORIS before? Any personal view and comments?

Kaka!