Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: Any Experience with Double2Watch Times Square?  (Read 4691 times)

Offline LeonLow

• Freshie
Any Experience with Double2Watch Times Square?
« on: July 01, 2020, 07:07:16 AM »
HI,

Have any sifus purchased preowned from this place before? Experienced in Time Square?

Offline David_cheong

Re: Any Experience with Double2Watch Times Square?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:11:52 AM »
Yes, if you have..please tell us about it.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline LeonLow

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 01:47:54 PM »
I am a newbie in the watch scene.
I may have some interest in the watches they sell
But being inexperience, need some advice

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 11:36:39 AM »
Well,
1) go into any stores with watches that catches your eyes.
2a) ask to view or handle / touch that watch. (do not abuse the watch lah. ask for permission before you set to operate / unscrew the crown / press any buttons. etc)
2b)Remember, the watch still belongs to the shop. Unless you pay hard cash to buy over. Then you can do anything you wish to your property.
3) look for any informalities, if you know how.
4) ask a lots of questions, that come across your mind.
5) ask them, if watch found not authentic in any senses  by brand service center, would they honour by refunding your hard earned $$
6) ask for the fair price or better if you pay by cash for better rebates.
7) ask them to open back case to peek a boo (after mutual price is agreed) if you know what you are looking for. If the watch is new / unworn, never ask to open up anything as it would void the warranty.
8) Trust the seller first (with good reputation). With their many years of horology experiences and with that couple of minutes , you with him / her. Trust me, you have a lots to learn.
9) prices of the same brand / model may varies as its conditions / year circa / full sets comes into play.
10) do your homework, know what you looking at, then ask sensible questions.
11) When both parties (buyer / seller mutual agreement on price is agreed upon) do the honorable thing to proceed and buy it.
12) if the buyer FFK after the agreed price and walk away, then you are wasting everybody's time.
good luck

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline LeonLow

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 03:33:00 PM »
Thank you so much for all the detailed information
Will definately help on my quest