Author Topic: meeting up with Peter Speake-Marin  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
meeting up with Peter Speake-Marin
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:51:46 PM »
Hai there,

Peter Speake-Marin is one of the masters in creating Matres Du Temps Chapter 1 & 2  watch (apart of creating his own line of watches) who is down in MY for Journey Through Time exhibition.

I actually Monday met up with him (after failed attempt to meet him on the previous 2 days) at the hotel nearby before go yum cha & chat at a kopi shop in Pavilion. What we actually chat. He is very friendly person & really enjoy having talking to him :thumbsup:. I actually found out some interesting fact about him ( i cant really remember all of it   >:()

He actually showed me one of his prototype watches he is wearing which is TOTALLY handmade as pic below shows

This is one of his watch he showed to me that he created under his own brand

This is him after having a bowl of sup wantan mee, it is really funny when he termakan cili padi... Oh yea he ENJOY makan like us  ;D

Another interesting fact he told me (again i cant think much of it sorry  :-X)

-He used to collect vintage watch before sold all of them so that he can finance his own brand of watches
-His first watch is Longines military watch (he told me after he checking out my seiko 5 military watch)
-His hand wound watches in house movement (if i not wrong ???) will be out some time in the future (currently collection is based on other movement modded by himself)

Although the meet up was short (less than 1 hour i think) because he had to attend meeting later.He told me that he will be back in Malaysia at least 2 times per year so maybe we can organize a meet up with him sometime in the future  ;D

Hope u enjoy ah  ;D

Offline Scott C.

Re: meeting up with Peter Speake-Marin
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »
Good report mate  :thumbsup:

thanks for sharing ;)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 08:05:35 AM »
Cool! If u don't organise next time, I'll ask moderator to ban u from mwf

Offline takashi78

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 10:41:10 AM »
Sorry couldnt make it on Sat.
At least this time you get to see some watches.
Nice pics!