Author Topic: New Seiko 5 sports "The Darkside of Superman" BLACK EDITION  (Read 7259 times)

Offline Olkuu0205

• GLORIOUS TIMEPIECE GTC 8 STUDIO (JR0140366-M)
Just went to Seiko and touch their watch again, looking at the newly arrived New Seiko 5 sports "Black Edition" aka The Darkside of Superman  :Dancing_banana:

Anyone share your favourite Seiko?  :Cheers:

Review Video click link below
https://youtu.be/9R1sU0_HOH0

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:13:00 PM by Olkuu0205 »
A GENUINE WATCH COLLECTOR

Offline Henry T

Looks like the SKX refuse to die and morphed into the S5X series.

Very nice watches in different colours and variants. Pretty affordable too by today's standards. It may lack a screwdown crown but this series wasn't design to be a diver.

I do like this dark model. I like the green one too.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Offline Olkuu0205

• GLORIOUS TIMEPIECE GTC 8 STUDIO (JR0140366-M)
Looks like the SKX refuse to die and morphed into the S5X series.

Very nice watches in different colours and variants. Pretty affordable too by today's standards. It may lack a screwdown crown but this series wasn't design to be a diver.

I do like this dark model. I like the green one too.

I have the green one too!  :Cheers:
A GENUINE WATCH COLLECTOR

Offline Henry T

Since I already own a SKX I don't think I'll be buying one of these. But this series have a better movement (4R) than the SKX (7S ).

Offline G.MAC

Re: New Seiko 5 sports "The Darkside of Superman" BLACK EDITION
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
That red special limited edition looks interesting but i bet the price is much higher than the normal one as well.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline strinq

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 08:16:27 AM »
Woah i do like the looks.
I really like the Brian May LE (both looks and I like playing the guitar lol). May I know how much are they asking for it?

Is it the MV Seiko boutique?
I post pictures of watches in nature:

https://www.instagram.com/watchesinnature/?hl=en

And do some reviews and fun videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkVxZDlFy4dvSUz5Nwz2Ocw

Offline donavan1986

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 04:01:04 PM »
Wow, this looks nice. Not sure should I get this or the Tissot Seastar 1000 Powermatic 80. Been thinking of getting a diver's watch. Seiko price is really very attractive.
How do you guys think?

Offline Henry T

Wow, this looks nice. Not sure should I get this or the Tissot Seastar 1000 Powermatic 80. Been thinking of getting a diver's watch. Seiko price is really very attractive.
How do you guys think?
You can buy both. This Seiko doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Offline donavan1986

How do you guys think?
No lo. Son just born lo. Cannot spend too much. Now economy no good lo. Must have some cash reserve just in case for some emergency.

Which is more worth ya?

Offline Henry T

How do you guys think?
No lo. Son just born lo. Cannot spend too much. Now economy no good lo. Must have some cash reserve just in case for some emergency.

Which is more worth ya?
To me the Seiko Black Edition is more stylish and should cost less than the Tissot Seastar 1000.

The Tissot is a large watch with long lugs. You must try it on to see if it fits your wrist.

Offline donavan1986

How do you guys think?

Which is more worth ya?
To me the Seiko Black Edition is more stylish and should cost less than the Tissot Seastar 1000.

The Tissot is a large watch with long lugs. You must try it on to see if it fits your wrist.
Thanks for your opinion.

Offline Varma8

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 05:01:40 PM »
I think its up to your own personal taste. But the good thing is the current seiko 5 superman range has got various models from sporty to elegant looking ones. And if that still doesnt satisfy you, being a seiko, there's lots of mod incoming to change the look and feel as you wish with just a little bit of spending.
I like lots of watches but can only afford a few

Offline kelv_w

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 05:25:53 PM »
The black dial does look quite nice. I don't get the association with superman though?  ???

Offline donavan1986

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 08:31:57 AM »
Hi All,

Anyone know where can i get the watch strap in this picture? Looks nice on this watch. Also, wondering how to change the bezel. Anyone know where to find one in Penang area?

Thank You.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 08:50:25 AM »
The black dial does look quite nice. I don't get the association with superman though?  ???

The new 5 logo is reminiscent of the logo on superman's chest.

Offline Joelle Soong

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 09:06:25 PM »
Just got mine few hours back today, restock but already out of stock in minutes and still got long waiting list!

Offline donavan1986

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 09:14:45 PM »
Just got mine few hours back today, restock but already out of stock in minutes and still got long waiting list!

Do you think it is worth it? Cause there are some argument saying that this is not the real diver's watch like the SKX and the cheap 4R36 is not worth this price tag.

Still wondering on buying this watch.

Offline G.MAC

Do you think it is worth it? Cause there are some argument saying that this is not the real diver's watch like the SKX and the cheap 4R36 is not worth this price tag.

Still wondering on buying this watch.
Don’t pay a premium for it and it is good value. Know the retail and ask for discount. A different variant of the same watch shouldn’t command a premium. Those that sell at a premium are mainly scalpers. Let them sit on a pile and once the hype die down, they will feel the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Joelle Soong

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 09:31:57 PM »
Worth or not its beyond the eyes of the beholder, it's your money and if you like it just buy it.
Real diver's watch? Are you going to wear this for diving? At this price range I don't want to argue about the 4R36, Seiko 5 is not an exotic watch or professional divers range to compare. Again, if you like the design I don't see why not if you can afford it.
Lastly, you buy something to for your self, you don't buy something to please the community.

Offline G.MAC

Worth or not its beyond the eyes of the beholder, it's your money and if you like it just buy it.
Real diver's watch? Are you going to wear this for diving? At this price range I don't want to argue about the 4R36, Seiko 5 is not an exotic watch or professional divers range to compare. Again, if you like the design I don't see why not if you can afford it.
Lastly, you buy something to for your self, you don't buy something to please the community.

I would also add that the 4R36 is also used in the Seiko turtle which has a higher rrp (correct me if I am wrong). True the 5 only goes down to 100m but if I recall correctly, I don’t think this range was ever marketed specifically as a diver.

Offline Joelle Soong

• Freshie

I would also add that the 4R36 is also used in the Seiko turtle which has a higher rrp (correct me if I am wrong). True the 5 only goes down to 100m but if I recall correctly, I don’t think this range was ever marketed specifically as a diver.

Yup, Sea Turtle is also with the same series movement engine and because there's no screw lockdown therefore the diving is cap at 100m max.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 08:04:35 PM »

Just went to Seiko and touch their watch again, looking at the newly arrived ....

Actually where is this AD located? Your pictures make it a tempting place to visit ....

:Dancing_banana:

Offline strinq

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 08:49:10 AM »
[quote author=dpkong link=topic=22270.msg186852#msg186852 date=1590674675

Actually where is this AD located? Your pictures make it a tempting place to visit ....

[/quote]

It's the Mid Valley Seiko boutique
I post pictures of watches in nature:

https://www.instagram.com/watchesinnature/?hl=en

And do some reviews and fun videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkVxZDlFy4dvSUz5Nwz2Ocw

Offline Joelle Soong

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 10:12:56 AM »

Just went to Seiko and touch their watch again, looking at the newly arrived ....

Tempted for the watches or the lady in the picture?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »

Tempted for the watches or the lady in the picture?

:HammerHead:

:Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: