Author Topic: Rolex Submariner - Fonts on dial  (Read 3886 times)

Offline lejean

Rolex Submariner - Fonts on dial
« on: February 25, 2020, 10:11:08 AM »
Hello guys, I'm looking for your expertise in Rolex Submariner.

For the submariner, I understand that with the ceramic bezel (116610LN) year 2011 onwards, the fonts on the dial have been changed.
What I wonder is that even until today I see some brand new Submariner with the old fonts as in the 'ft' wording.
For the 16610 model the word 'f' in 'ft' is longer than the numbers and the new 116610 model, the word 'f' is the same height for the whole line but what I see today, there are new Sub with letter 'f' longer. Is it normal?

Anyone can explain it to me?

Thanks

Offline dualcarb

Re: Rolex Submariner - Fonts on dial
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 10:21:59 AM »
Yes it’s normal...the printing on the dial of the watch has been inconsistent throughout the life of the submariner from a vintage sub till today with the ceramic models. Don’t fret and don’t panic. Best thing to do is to open the caseback and have it authenticated at a service center if you doubt the “originality” of the watch.

Offline lejean

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 12:45:20 PM »
oh I see. Phewww. I guess it's a common thing.
Thank you boss, appreciate it!

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 12:17:25 PM »
Font variations are normal. Don't buy into the "rare font text, extra value" hype.

Offline exodus

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 11:48:02 AM »
Safest option, go to the service centre to authenticate for you. For the sub, instead of the verification, you can get them to change the bezel to a new one for about the same price from what I remember. Then they'll check your watch anyway at the same time.