Author Topic: A sudden twin happiness... (sorry.. lots of pics)  (Read 7537 times)

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
A sudden twin happiness... (sorry.. lots of pics)
« on: March 13, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »
Was cruising from cheras heading my home this afternoon with my wife... out of sudden, my wife suggested to have a look at the watchshop in ss2 (i did told her once they carry quite a numbers of brands there)...

actually.. i wanted to check if they carry Longines.. been eyeing on the Legend diver for quite some time.. if they have it.. i might get it once it's on my wrist.. keke... but sadly.. they dun carry Longines. okay, look see.. look see... We got these two home today.

**note: nothing expensive, n may harm your eyes if you dislike japanese made**

let's start the unboxing... shall we?

nice simple citizen paper bag... (i always like something simple... but NOT this time.. wondering why)

hey what's that? a... seiko?? SEIKO??

ok, open up and let's zoom a little nearer...

it's a lady seiko's velatura chronograph quartz (plus... some diamonds)
nothing much i could argue on this piece on a pearl dial, really good built quality, smart, sporty + a little elegant piece... afterall it's velatura series, right?!

check the thickness... very nice in this size (to me..), come with white leather + blue stiches... (but why blue??... reveal this later.. read more below)

back case... just like normal velatura series.. nothing fancy though

emmm... seiko's diamond certificate?

hearted with a proven 7T92 movement...

like i mentioned earlier, why the blue stiches on the leather strap? this is the reason why.. (i guess...)
just like my seiko blue spark which i reviewed previously... the hands are in blue.. the crown has a blue crystal tip...

but how about lume? here you go... not something can light you up in the night... but very simple and clear cut lume on just the hour and minute hands..

and conclusion, a happy wearer found a fancy watch matches her personality today. :)

--- anything above this line belongs to my wife, anything below this line belongs to me!! he he... ---

how about me?

judge by the paper bag... this is obviously what i'm getting today...

sorry.. just another unboxing steps... here the box.. nice job citizen.... really on par with Seiko.. if not better.

3 years warranty... seiko only giving a year

here's the star... nothing more but a Citizen Nighthawk (a GMT tool watch)

been read up some of this piece on the net.. a while or so ago... never expect to own it.. until i see and put it on my wrist today...
very well built little piece... solid.. and feel secure when it sits on my wrist. measure at 43mm exclude the crown. one thing i would like to hightlight is the bracelet.
very comfy to wear on.

thickness is good at its size... thick but comfy to wear.. the sapphire crystal look kind of thick too... (on a pilot watch?)

backcase... looking good...

how about a different angle on the dial? it reads Eco drive... means solar powered.

last but not least... the lume shot... very cool bluish green lume... simple highlight at night.

conclusion, a happy man found a tool watch for himself without breaking his piggy bank.. what's more.. if the happiness can be splitted to two.
a twin happiness today... and the $$ spent is worth than a smile that shine on her face.

thanks for taking time reading this, not a grail in life.. but something unelaborate-able...
when you and wife can hang out and hunt for something... n bring back something for both party at last.

hope you guys enjoy the story... The End.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:11:22 PM by gapper »

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: A sudden twin happiness... (sorry.. lots of pics)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 08:46:54 PM »
Congrats on your double happiness  ;D Your wifey must be like it a lot  :Dancing_banana:
Mind share the price through PM?

Offline HusH

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 06:47:29 AM »
Congrats to you and your wife!  :Cheers:

Very nice timepieces! Is your wife a WIS too?

Is this the same shop selling the Sumo?

Are those real diamonds?

No need to apologize for too many pics. There no such thing as too many pics of watches! There more the better!  :thumbsup:

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 09:00:53 AM »
hush,
yes, they were bought at the same shop you got your sumo. (still one piece there... on the display...)
real diamond, but not those grade A class...

my wife is not a watch idiot savant, but due to my influences... most of the time when i browsing, reading timepieces content online or on magazine... she will tend to take a peep. and i will try to explain what are the function and attraction of the watch i'm reading, not really sure she will remember those. but who cares, as long as you got someone listening to you when you talking on timepiece, you are enriched, right?

and to date, this is the 3rd watch i got her... hehe... sometime she does wear my watch too.

ck77,
pmed.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 09:06:35 AM by gapper »

Offline Alice

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 11:11:03 AM »
Congrat to you and your wife, gapper...  :Cheers:

Get her to join the forum  :thumbsup:

Alice

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »
very nice Citizen! congrats!
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline SHL

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »
A very nice watch for both..

Congr got a new collection.

What is the watch shop name in ss2?

can pm me?

Thanks! ;)

Offline ssss

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 10:15:24 AM »
Nice watches. Could you PM me the prices? Thanks.

Offline Annthony Siah

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 02:57:41 PM »
The Citizen watch really nice.. Seiko watch also nice but just dislike the blue colour..

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 08:19:45 AM »
Good choice on the Promaster
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline shahpijul

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »
love the promaster...  ;D