Author Topic: A Brief on Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph  (Read 7532 times)

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
A Brief on Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph
« on: March 01, 2013, 09:23:31 PM »
I have been doing a fair bit of reading and learnt lots with regards to our beloved watches on MWF, but haven't really shared any thoughts; and it suddenly struck me that today was as good as any day to start being more active on the forum.

As per the aforementioned title, I'll be looking at my Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph today. I have always have a liking for the Carrera; and when it was a good time to add a piece to my collection, I was considering between the Calibre 16 Date 41mm and Calibre 16 Day Date 43mm.

I have always have a preference towards larger cases; but in this case (no pun intended), I found that the 43mm Day Date to be too "crowded" on the face dial, failing to find a more suitable word. I started to consider the 41mm Date and the more I looked at its HD pictures over the Net, the more interesting it looked and the more intrique I was.

I was starting to get sucked into its simpler and classier design- hook, bait and sinker; but I wasn't aware as yet then.

My job requires me to travel a fair bit every month, so I spend a fair bit of time at international airports. One day, I walked into the watch shop at KLIA, near the aerotrain stop, to take a look at the 43mm Day Date but the shop did not have any on stock. They did, however, had the 41mm Date and after trying it on my wrist, I started to appreciate it better.

I flew off shortly and after a glass of wine or two on the plane, I found myself thinking of the 41mm Date when I was crunching numbers in my hotel suite.

A couple of days thereafter, I became part of the satisfied community of happy owners of the Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph model CV2010.BA0794.

Fellow watch lovers whom were used to larger cases would probably need a day or two, to get used to the smaller 41mm case as I did; but thereafter, you may find that it's a good size as it could be covered nicely by your long sleeves if necessary and wouldn't bang about accidentally. The design is nicely-balanced between a tad sporty and dressy, and I find that it would go well with both your polo shirt as well as your function tux. The monochrome Tag Heuer logo has it looking low-profile and classy- a nice variation from the more "me, me, me" watches' design of today.

All in all, I find that this Carrera is a good addition to any watch lovers' collection; with a good price to boot.

Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline squasub

Re: A Brief on Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 09:36:04 PM »
Congrats on your watch !! did you consider calibre 1887 before the purchase?

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:58:35 PM »
Hi mate, thanks for your congratutory note! Yes, the Calibre 1887 equivalent of the above was classier-looking without the tacho bezel and app RM2,700 dearer; but I somehow prefer the slightly sportier feel of the Calibre 16. To each is his own, I suppose.

Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline kaka23

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
Nice watch

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »
Congratz on your acquisition.
Sounds like the purchase is a well thought out one and hope you enjoy the piece with great health and wealth.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline cspoh001

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 10:08:20 PM »
A nice time piece out there. Actually I enjoy doing survey and study on the watch before I pull my trigger. :Dancing_banana:

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 06:03:13 AM »
Agree with you, love the mono-colored emblem - low profile and classy. ;)

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline kk_key

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 01:15:39 AM »
Managed to got myself 1 blue 1 too, but still think the black 1 looks better... :(