Author Topic: ONE DAY ONE WATCH...MOVADO  (Read 9319 times)

Offline TET@WATCH

ONE DAY ONE WATCH...MOVADO
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »
Very odd watch...it has two name attached...it was call Movado Zenith...enjoy  :Cheers:

Offline TET@WATCH

Re: ONE DAY ONE WATCH...MOVADO
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:06:03 AM »
The dial and strap indicated Movado but the mechanism, crown and buckle was Zenith.   

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »
The dial and strap indicated Movado but the mechanism, crown and buckle was Zenith.

They were link right? But can't remember exactly how it was link

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »
 Hi Chrisyen...yes, they were link...at first i thought i bought a frankesten watch but later found out its genuine.  Below are some info i got after google...hope it helps.

During the 1960s, Movado partnered with Zenith in an attempt to create the world’s first automatic chronograph. The Movado-Zenith team was up against a consortium of four watch companies—Heuer, Breitling, Hamilton, and Dubois Depraz. In 1969, both teams’ efforts resulted in what each said was the world’s first automatic chronograph. Movado named its El Primero, but, as it turns out, the Heuer/Breitling/Hamilton/Dubois Depraz team had produced its Calibre 11 a month earlier. :HammerHead:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:49:13 PM by TET@WATCH »

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
Wont be free this coming 2 days...will post another 2 Movado...happy viewing !  :Cheers:

40 microns Movado dress watch..enjoy :Cheers:

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 03:22:18 PM »
Another favourites of mine...Movado Kingmatic  28 jewels 14k....enjoy !  :Cheers:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:49:50 PM by TET@WATCH »

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »
Hi Chrisyen...yes, they were link...at first i thought i bought a frankesten watch but later found out its genuine.  Below are some info i got after google...hope it helps.

During the 1960s, Movado partnered with Zenith in an attempt to create the world’s first automatic chronograph. The Movado-Zenith team was up against a consortium of four watch companies—Heuer, Breitling, Hamilton, and Dubois Depraz. In 1969, both teams’ efforts resulted in what each said was the world’s first automatic chronograph. Movado named its El Primero, but, as it turns out, the Heuer/Breitling/Hamilton/Dubois Depraz team had produced its Calibre 11 a month earlier. :HammerHead:

Interesting. I always thought that Zenith beat the Heuer/Breitling/Hamilton/Dubois Depraz/Buren by displaying the El Primero on January 10, 1969 while the Cal 11 was only revealed on March 3, 1969 (BTW when Zenith again showcased the El Primero). Additionally, Zenith developed the El Primero at Martel Watch Co which Universal Geneve sold to Zenith in early 1960s. The Movado/Zenith or Zenith/Movado collaboration only came into being after the release of the El Primero and the collaboration was to allow Zenith watches to be sold in the US due to the Zenith name being owned by Zenith Inc (corp?) that makes TV.

Technically the first automatic chrono was made Lemania in 1947 (but may have never gone into production) while the first to sell to the public was Seiko which sold watches with automatic chrono movement in May or June 1969.

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »
Hi TheHobbit..u might be right cause i just google and found the statement ...for thorough answer why not you google it up and challenge the person that put in that article. I can guide you to the person involve if you want to... 

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 07:59:04 PM »
Hi TheHobbit..u might be right cause i just google and found the statement ...for thorough answer why not you google it up and challenge the person that put in that article. I can guide you to the person involve if you want to...

No need to challenge. We are here to share our knowledge. I know very little of Zenith and it's history and can only offer the little I know. :)

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 09:08:02 PM »
Thanks for the true facts, Ivan  :thumbsup:

Interesting. I always thought that Zenith beat the Heuer/Breitling/Hamilton/Dubois Depraz/Buren by displaying the El Primero on January 10, 1969 while the Cal 11 was only revealed on March 3, 1969 (BTW when Zenith again showcased the El Primero). Additionally, Zenith developed the El Primero at Martel Watch Co which Universal Geneve sold to Zenith in early 1960s. The Movado/Zenith or Zenith/Movado collaboration only came into being after the release of the El Primero and the collaboration was to allow Zenith watches to be sold in the US due to the Zenith name being owned by Zenith Inc (corp?) that makes TV.

Technically the first automatic chrono was made Lemania in 1947 (but may have never gone into production) while the first to sell to the public was Seiko which sold watches with automatic chrono movement in May or June 1969.

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 10:21:57 PM »
Hi TheHobbit and Godzillaz....both of you is like having grudges against me...is it because both of you got slap on the face during the IWC PILOT XI .  If that is so, i would like to give you my sincere appology for humilating both of you Sifu over here.  Thousand appology...promise wont humilate you again :Praying: 
Lets bygone be bygone...dont harbour...ok ? :Cheers:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:28:34 PM by TET@WATCH »

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 11:08:05 PM »
Hi TheHobbit and Godzillaz....both of you is like having grudges against me...is it because both of you got slap on the face during the IWC PILOT XI .  If that is so, i would like to give you my sincere appology for humilating both of you Sifu over here.  Thousand appology...promise wont humilate you again :Praying: 

No worries, don't feel humiliated and no grudges held against you. Don't claim to be a sifu either. Just sharing what little I know. Like I said earlier, we are here to share knowledge. As for the IWC pilot xi, that is water under the bridge.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 09:24:49 AM »
I don't remember any slapping nor I hold any grudges against you. Sorry if you feel that way.

Maybe the comment I made gives you the impression. I suspect that's because there are opposing fact given by you and me.

That's what collecting vintages watch is all about isn't it? Finding the facts and history about the particular model. If not where's the fun? Vintage watch are nothing but old obsolete model. They hold no value without any fact or history.

Thanks for the concern. I can handle the humiliation when proper facts are in order.

Regards

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:29:47 AM by Godzillaz »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 09:08:10 PM »
 :thumbsup: for MWF
Lucky to hv all the hidden dragon sharing what they know about watches

Offline [email protected]

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »
Hi , tet ,why u so worries about people say , what we want is we happy with what we collect whatever is gold or steel , WHY ? U got money u can buy 100 thousand ringgit ROLEX , right , but , u got 100thousand ringgit u cant buy YOUR Tai chee , ask them go and get this steel to show off lah , I know u can buy gold but u cant find this old steel with your money . HOBBY is not say how expansive watch u can buy , if like that , please close this forum for vintage watch or say that this forum only for the rich person hobby only . Haha , thank you . Nice to know u . Bye , have to go works liao .

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 07:04:26 AM »
What is Tai chee?
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 07:05:17 AM »
Oh, I saw a very nice Movado Zenith gold watch. Still thinking about it...
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline TET@WATCH

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 07:40:02 AM »
Hi Alextee...thanks for the advice...appreciated !!

Hi Ito12...what alex meant was Rado Tai Chi and thanks for the compliment.